Hyperdimensional Physics

How about you give us some pointers rigput - some articles and some sources? There are several areas of physics I am aware of that you might be referring to - but then phrases like this are often used by crackpots too, who tend to just pluck neat sounding words out of the air without having any clue at all what they mean.

GJ

The first one is interesting - although to be clear it refers specifically to a 26 dimentional 'bosonic' version of string theory. There is another version known as 10-dimensional superstring theory discovered by adding 'supersymmetry'. Nowadays, 'string theory' usually refers to the supersymmetric variant - while the earlier version is given its full name of, 'bosonic string theory'. It is useful to make this distinction when talking about string theory at large, as often different people will subscribe to different versions of the theory. (Although superstring theory is the current favorite version among most researchers).

The second one is nothing more than utter crank nonsense and should very probably be moved to Area 51.

Which were you referring to rigput?

GJ

Edited by raid517

I was reffering to the second one, and i seen some sites bringing up a Dr. Hoagland. Also a theory of a 10th planet that once had Mars as it's sattelite but exploded.... :rolleyes: Yea it looks like garbage to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Einstein's flexible time is a very intresting perception of time as a fourth dimension. Time was suggested to be Riemann?s non-Euclidean ?metric? space or at least an inseparable part of it. Euclidean and phenomenalistic SR needs observers and their time depending on how they are moving, whereas non-Euclidean and realistic GR does not need any observers. Strictly speaking, Einstein?s GR does not describe time but gravity, which has some important implications concerning time. On the one hand, gravity is not a mysterious mechanical force operating at a distance but a warping of space-time by the mass and energy on it. On the other hand, it is an acceleration that depends on the curvature of space-time. So to say, mass tells space-time how to curve, and space-time tells mass how to move. By this standard, we know that if we can somehow step into the time warp we're living in, we can witness a whole new experience that cannot be explained (i.e: Something "Hyper") and therefore, the term "Hyperdimesional"....Some people actually suggest that there are upto 11 dimesions on Earth which may explain many of Nature's unexplainable mysteries...However, HD physics don't really exist. They're just philosophical assumptions.

Yes well done sphinx, but this is not quite what this story is about. This is a story is about yet another lone crank no hoper who claims he has uncovered a universal theory to everything, by essentially working from his garage.

I know you are a good chap - and I am not certain that you would wish to associate yourself with a story such as this.

But of course I could be wrong.

GJ

Yes well done sphinx, but this is not quite what this story is about. This is a story is about yet another lone crank no hoper who claims he has uncovered a universal theory to everything, by essentially working from his garage.

I know you are a good chap - and I am not certain that you would wish to associate yourself with a story such as this.

But of course I could be wrong.

GJ

well, see I was really intruiged by Einstein's question "What is now?". And the relation of this question to The statement "Space and time are relative". There is no correct definition of time, and therefor no correct definition for the universe since Einstein belived that there's a forth dimension which is time. If we can't define either, then there could be upto 1000 dimensions for all we know. "Metaphysics" is the basis of these questions and since metaphysics are philosophies and there's no "right" philosophy and "wrong" philosophy, then the subject of hyperdimensions is completely debatable. However, I'm only concerned with time being the only Hyperdimension worth talking about. That's why I focused on it.