Good Upconverting DVD Player

Well the answer its easy Oppo..

www.oppodigital.com..

I have seen these beauties..they are just GREAT

195 in amazon :)

VJS

Very interesting. Do you know if they can they be made region free?

• 3 weeks later...

bangbang, any word on whether or not Oppo's upcomming DVD burner box will have HD upconverting capability for its playback?

ideally i'd like 2 get one box that does both...but the units are so slim i could probably just stack them on my shelf and it would still be thinner than the oldskool panasonic DVD-A120 (is there any way to make this unit region free?) i have now.

ideally i'd like 2 get one box that does both...but the units are so slim i could probably just stack them on my shelf and it would still be thinner than the oldskool panasonic DVD-A120 (is there any way to make this unit region free?) i have now.

Don't know if this works since I don't have the unit.

Power On the player

Open the tray

Press 9, 8, 1, 7 on the remote

Press Enter until the display indicates Region 9

Press Return

Note: Region 9 = All Regions!

bangbang, any word on whether or not Oppo's upcomming DVD burner box will have HD upconverting capability for its playback?

Honestly, I don't know much about the upcoming Oppo release. With the chaotic holidays, I haven't had as much time as usual to sit down and read up like I usually do.

Don't know if this works since I don't have the unit.

Power On the player

Open the tray

Press 9, 8, 1, 7 on the remote

Press Enter until the display indicates Region 9

Press Return

Note: Region 9 = All Regions!

tried it..there's no enter button on the remote....