sd cards comparsion/question?

Last night I bought a Canon Powershot S2 IS digital camera. It's a 5MP Camera. I chose it over the Fuji E900 9MP Camera because of the zoom & I've read that it's not all about the MP.

Now, for memory I bought PNY 512MB SD Memory (Model: P-SD512-FR) for $27. Now, I a 2GB High Speed 50X SD Memory for $30 made by "A-Data". Should I return my 512MB card for the 2GB? What's could possibly be the difference between the two other then the size? What else should I look at.

Thanks!

Mike

well you have a standard speed memory compared to a 50x which you will be able to shoot in continous

dont pay extra for highspeed memory if you wont shoot in continous

So the 50x is good for filming? That's the generic.

Get the 2GB one. Its a steal at that price. A-Data is a good brand (at least got all good reviews at newegg.com) and sure lets see 2GB for 30 or 512MB for 27... do the math

high speed cards will also aide you in video. You cannot shoot at the full 30FPS 640x480 with that camera without a high speed SD card (i believe)

So the 50x is good for filming? That's the generic.

the 50x isnt the generic

the 50x means 150kbps x 50

the well known sandisk ultra II is around 66x and write/read at 10/9 mbps

so your 50x will be 150x50 = 7.5 mbps

and as others said, try to avoid no name brand

A-Data is ok but your e-xcessories.. hmm :no:

Also, a good way to knowi f you need a highspeed car, put your camera in continous shoot and then shoot in jpeg. Count the number of photos and if this lower than that is in your manual, then you need one.

Dont get me wrong but at 120x, I'm not even sure if there is any SLR camera (that use sd) that needs that speed!

in other word, dont sacrifice quality over speed that you wont need anyway. If your memory card die with over 400 shoots in, you gonna cry!

in other word, dont sacrifice quality over speed that you wont need anyway. If your memory card die with over 400 shoots in, you gonna cry!

they both come with a lifetime warranty? o_0

150x = fast + 2gb of storage + lifetime?.. see i'm thinking along the lines of cd burners... imagine have my old 4x on my first pc compared to now.. i dunno 2gb seems like forever to fill.

it's your pick. I know it's lifetime warranty. That only means that if the memory die, they will replace it, but you gonna lose your pictures anyway!

I almost bought a 2GB 120x A-Data SD for my D50 and that is the main reaon why I finally didn't

i just bought a Kingston Elite Pro 1Gb SD Card for my Fz5 today...tried burst mode and works like a charm! Thought of getting the Elite versions but it costed me twice as much...

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I bought a Canon Powershot S2 IS digital camera. It's a 5MP Camera. I chose it over the Fuji E900 9MP Camera because of the zoom & I've read that it's not all about the MP.

Now, for memory I bought PNY 512MB SD Memory (Model: P-SD512-FR) for $27. Now, I a 2GB High Speed 50X SD Memory for $30 made by "A-Data". Should I return my 512MB card for the 2GB? What's could possibly be the difference between the two other then the size? What else should I look at.

Thanks!

Mike

Crane can i ask where you bought the SD 2Gb card for 30$ please?

i am looking for some and at that price it is a catch.

I await your response.

Regards,

Salrefaee