Resolution question EOS 350D

I will be looking at buying a EOS 350D in a few months and I was checking it out at dpreview.com and it said that the lowest resolution is 1728 x 1152. Does that mean that I cant take any photos in say 1024 X 768? Is there any way to do that without editing the photos using photoshop or something?

The reason for this is because my moniter only goes up to 1024 x 768 and also I dont have the biggest hard drive in the world.

No offense, but shooting with any digital SLR camera (like the 350D) at a 1024x768 would be a huge waste of money. DSLRs cost that much because of the quality of the pictures and your not gonna get quality at a low res. 1728 x 1152 is only 2.1MP, so why not get a cheaper camera to use if your that worried... or pick up an extra 80GB drive for about $35 or so.

a 2000x1500 picture only takes about 1.35MB per pic so its not that much

Well its not that, its just I have taken photos at higher resolutions, and when I resize them, they just end up looking bad. It's not that big of a problem.

Also, I have been checking out prices on Ebay, and this seems reasonable considering in shops around here, thats the price of the camera by itself.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Canon-EOS-350D-FULL...1QQcmdZViewItem

Well its not that, its just I have taken photos at higher resolutions, and when I resize them, they just end up looking bad. It's not that big of a problem.

Also, I have been checking out prices on Ebay, and this seems reasonable considering in shops around here, thats the price of the camera by itself.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Canon-EOS-350D-FULL...1QQcmdZViewItem

what program do you use to resize them?

sorry this is sort of off topic, but if you like your photos, don't resize them. buy an extra hard drive or dvd burner and archive them. a few years down the road, when your monitor is like 1600x1200, you will be glad you did.

Think I just used photoshop. Do you think the camera is too good for what I want it for? Here are a few photos I have uploading using some crappy $200 camera.

Thats the thing, that may just be "some crappy $200 camera" It really isnt worth going DSLR if you arent going to keep them their original sizes and or shoot RAW.

If you dont want to add another 40-80GB hard drive, I'd just reccomend getting a less expensive canon (such as the A510 or A610) for about 1/3 the price

• 2 weeks later...

I will be looking at buying a EOS 350D in a few months and I was checking it out at dpreview.com and it said that the lowest resolution is 1728 x 1152. Does that mean that I cant take any photos in say 1024 X 768? Is there any way to do that without editing the photos using photoshop or something?

The reason for this is because my moniter only goes up to 1024 x 768 and also I dont have the biggest hard drive in the world.

:rolleyes: 1024x768, are you one of those people who never will prints their pictures? :no: There would be no point having a DSLR!

:rolleyes: 1024x768, are you one of those people who never will prints their pictures? :no: There would be no point having a DSLR!

Well i dont print a lot of pictures, except family photos and my random favorites :)