PowerShot S2IS Action Settings

Twisted.Raven

I've been playing around with my new S2 IS but haven't found any good settings for an action shot. Has anyone found settings that work good?

Dallas

Look for one that looks like a man running.

Twisted.Raven

Look for one that looks like a man running.

The camera doesn't have a pre set action setting, I'm asking if anyone found any manual settings that work good.

Pink Floyd

I think the canon brand works this way: set your camera at pS (priority speed). then set it to the fastest speed possible. Your S2 can shoot at 1/3200s. At that speed, you will be able to stop movement and shoot sport and stuff like that

Brandon

I think the canon brand works this way: set your camera at pS (priority speed). then set it to the fastest speed possible. Your S2 can shoot at 1/3200s. At that speed, you will be able to stop movement and shoot sport and stuff like that

Yes, but theres less light

Start off at 1/1000th a second in good light, then adjust from there

Pink Floyd

of course there is less light since you ask the shutter to close as fast as possible.

that's a balance between shutter speed and Aperture

Dallas

Or you could set the aperture to the lowest setting (2.8?) and go from there, seeing how its low light your shutter should be fast enough. Set a high ISO to.

Gabe3

i have the same camera and indoor photos seem to really SUCK, I've been trying different apatures, flashes, cant figure it out

Pink Floyd

indoor will always be the major problem for any photographier and camera.

low light = higher ISO or/and slower shutter speed or/and f/2.8 or/and very expensive lens :/

Gabe3

the pics iam taking are like the pics I had with my 1.3mp camera, there must be something wrong

Brandon

the pics iam taking are like the pics I had with my 1.3mp camera, there must be something wrong

old camera. thats why. Newer cameras have better settings and will look better overall indoor and outdoors.

Gabe3

no iam saying my old camera took just as good as pics as this new 5mp cam

Brandon

no iam saying my old camera took just as good as pics as this new 5mp cam

most comsumer cameras take "crappy" indoor shots due to small sensors and low light. You really need to go DSLR in order to get good indoor shots in low light. You can always turn on more lamps or use the flash

Pink Floyd

Is this because you absolutly cannot use your flash indoor for special events?

Gabe3

I guss i need to get a good lamp or something, my room has ok light, its not dark but maybe it needs more for a camera, flash doesnt really help

SamNeeds

Outdoor photography is easy, but indoor, well. As Floyd said, is another matter. Very risky (quality wise) stuff.

emo

i have the s2 and i usually just use auto for action shots, you can also turn the dial and pick the man running. thats action mode, lol...