Digital cameras with 2.5 inch LCD?

Hey guys,

My mother is wanting a digital camera for Christmas.

She's a beginner, so if needs to be user friendly, 4-6 MP, and I am very interested in the larger 2.5 inch LCD.

That's a great feature for older folks.

I've seen a few in stores, but was wondering if any of you have one or if you might be able to recommend one.

ive been looking at cameras too.. i dont know what your price range is but.. Sony just came out with SWEET camera

3.0 in LCD screen model is DSCN1 i would highly recommend it. I currently own a sony and the picture quality is great

read some reviews and you will see people love the Sony and Canon Casio EX-Z500 or Casio EX-Z7500

The EXZ500 is also another one of my choices but i think the draw back is that it needs a craddle

Maybe take a look at the KONICA MINOLTA X1.

It has a 2.5" screen and is 8.0 mp and a docking station for $300 or less!!

I have heard many great things on it.

My only gripe would be no viewfinder. But i am guessing your mom would not use it anyway.

Hope that helps.

The Canon SD550 and 450 both have 2.5" LCD. (Im not too sure about the 450, but if I remember correctly the SD400 has 2" and the SD450 has 2.5"). They are both great cameras.

Canon PowerShot A95 - Great camera: 5MP + 2.5" Screen

100% agree with Firefli

there is also this nikon

be aware that all nikon cameras have their own rechargeable battery compared to canon which you have to put 4AA

ive been looking at cameras too.. i dont know what your price range is but.. Sony just came out with SWEET camera

3.0 in LCD screen model is DSCN1 i would highly recommend it. I currently own a sony and the picture quality is great

read some reviews and you will see people love the Sony and Canon Casio EX-Z500 or Casio EX-Z7500

The EXZ500 is also another one of my choices but i think the draw back is that it needs a craddle

I've had 3 sony camera's now (higher end ones) and i can tell you their pictures SUCK at high ISO levels... they get extreamly grainy at high ISO's and low light... if you want a camera to take good smooth pictures in lower light or high ISO levels then dont get a sony camera...

• 2 weeks later...

Canon PowerShot A95 - Great camera: 5MP + 2.5" Screen

The A95 has only a 1.8" LCD

For beginner cameras, I would probably recommend something like a Canon SD450/550 or a Sony S90. You could have a look at the Casio Z-55 also.