Need advice (TV / Mini setup)

Alright, so I'm looking to buy a lcd tv. I want something cheap, preferabley under 1000 Canadian. I want decent quality, and HDMI is a plus for me. I'm expecting 720p, not something that just has 1080i. Size is not a major factor for me, I can deal with anything as small as 23 inches. I'm also looking to preferabley buy from a store where returning is an ease like bestbuy or futureshop. A high contrast ratio is also important (the samsungs look so beautiful). This may not be used for high definition cable television, but it'de be a plus for it to have a decent tuner.

It will be used with my 360, xbox (modded with XBMC if your curious why i'm still using it), gamecube, and probably ps3 in the future, which is why hdmi is preferred. I wouldn't mind hooking my computer up to it to get MCE, but I only have one vga port on my rig (X800XL, dvi is used by 2005fpw.)

I'm also looking for another item. I have z-5500's, and many of you know they only have 1 optical and coaxial port. I'm looking for a cheap solution (Under 150 dollars), to split this and get several extra connections. Extra component connections would be ideal too. Right now my 360 is hooked up to my 2005fpw and it's stretching it, something which is really bugging me. Btw, thougths on good optical cables / component cables is also appreciated. Right now I have a monster optical cable, which was pretty expensive. I don't think that optical is affected by what brand cable you use like coaxial.

All items must be from Canadian retailers, and I would prefer to pick these items up in the store rather then order online. I can possibly flex though depending on the stores policy if you order online (I.E. Bestbuys cool, no restocking charge.)

Thanks in advance guys.

BTW, the only thing holding me back a bit from the samsugn is the whole DNIE thing.

Edited by jagwire

Well I personally have the Official Xbox360 HDTV (well the 26" model instead). The only recommendation I can make is, if you in fact do grab one and an xbox360, make sure you also get the VGA HD cables, they make a HUGE difference. Far superior to to component.

I already have the vga cables! Woohoo!

Good. You won't believe how sharp it looks and how much more accurate the colours are with the VGA cables. It truly looks like a high resolution game with AA like on my PC (which has a 19" monitor), only at 26" with an even sharper image lol.

And like I mentioned, as well as bangbang. The LNR series of Samsung LCD HDTV's are the best choice in the 23-26" range. Dnie is enabled by default but it doesn't do anything but good (at least I think so..). The only thing I might stay away from is the Dynamic Contrast.. It gives you better black levels at the expense of colour/general quality. When in PC mode it doesn't give you the option for dynamic contrast anyway (but the black levels are better then with component).

Looks bloody fantastic with the Xbox360.

Edited by MadFerIt2006