[Year 12] A-Level

After tomorow no more chemistry for the rest of my life!

*Dances on chemistry books* I'm going to burn all my notes even if I have to resit in January lol.

Are you insane? Chemistry is the best subject ever!!!!

Well when i was walking home i was thinking... so wheres the nearest flame thrower / nuclear test site

Burn maths burn!

Swiftly moving on :whistle: :shifty:

:laugh: Seriously.

Ok so C1 and C2 (and C3 as well probably) are not the most interesting. And neither is M1 or S1. But once you get into C4, M2 and M3, and S2, things start to feel more relevant to the real world.

Since I'm doing further maths, I did C1, C2, M1, S1 in January, and I'm doing D1, S2, M2, C3 and C4 now. I've learnt a lot of M3, and there's some really cool stuff in there, like calculating the oscillations of springs, or the rate at which pendulums swing, or the centres of mass of everyday objects.

(Note: I am in Yr 12)

After the exams, it's into some Further Pure, with things like complex numbers (e.g. taking square roots of negative numbers :p)

Sorry, I know I've gone off on one, but like I said, maths is great ;)

Is it just me or was C2 / MEI really easy? I'm just glad that i've done it and S1 now, just got computing (WJEC) tomorrow and Physics on friday, we got forced to do astrophysics, what are you guys doing?

EDIT: Anyone here do the BIO this year?

In chemistry chains and rings and how far how fast were easy, but foundation which I was re-taking (cause I got a B :p ) was pretty hard again. Just physics to go...

Astrophysics? Is that AS? We just doing Units 1, 2 and 3 with AQA.

Yeah your on Physics A same spec as me... Astro is out A level course (some people are doing it now as there on Physics B).

I chose Astro... can't hack Applied or Turning points and medical bores me with learning dates and things...

Our teacher told us it doesnt matter as uni's dont look at your option!

:laugh: Seriously.

Ok so C1 and C2 (and C3 as well probably) are not the most interesting. And neither is M1 or S1. But once you get into C4, M2 and M3, and S2, things start to feel more relevant to the real world.

Since I'm doing further maths, I did C1, C2, M1, S1 in January, and I'm doing D1, S2, M2, C3 and C4 now. I've learnt a lot of M3, and there's some really cool stuff in there, like calculating the oscillations of springs, or the rate at which pendulums swing, or the centres of mass of everyday objects.

(Note: I am in Yr 12)

After the exams, it's into some Further Pure, with things like complex numbers (e.g. taking square roots of negative numbers :p)

Sorry, I know I've gone off on one, but like I said, maths is great ;)

You're so lucky you get to do so many modules. ******.

All finished now, chemistry was hard today I will proberly resit but now.

NO MORE CHEMISTRY EVER AGAIN! :rofl:

You're so lucky you get to do so many modules. ******.

:laugh: That's not the usual response I get. Normally people can't believe I'm bothered or capable of doing so many :p

:laugh: That's not the usual response I get. Normally people can't believe I'm bothered or capable of doing so many :p

:laugh: Me me me !!!! :whistle:

What do you mean?

How am I coping? Dunno, just got used to the load. Can't imagine doing single maths now.

My school really pushes further maths, and that's why I've been able to do so many. It's unfortunate that most schools don't provide the resources for further maths.