[Year 12] A-Level

firstly, stop worrying!

secondly, the AS's are "important" as they are the ones the uni will see

thirdly, go to sleep, wake up, head to college/sixth form get your results, confirm your place with the uni and go back to sleep :p

Cant go to sleep, its 5:30pm here, woohoo for me :cry:

Well got my final results

808/???? = BC

DAM ah well i got on to my network mangement and design course.

I would of got a BB if one of the units mark hadn't been slashed.

E

4 x D's

4 X B's

2 X A's

A-Levels:

Law - B (hopefully beable to resit 1 exam to get an A)

As-Levels:

Computing - B (Had As in exams and a D on the coursework, anybody know if u can resit coursework?)

Electronics - A (Very suprising!!!)

Pretty pleased with this (AS)

Maths A (Got 100% on Mechanics 1 module)

Further Maths A

Computing B (1% off an A overall :( )

Chemistry B

General Studies B

Woo just woke up, going soon, will be getting results for:

Photography

Media Studies

Musich Technology

Computer Science

Computing - B (Had As in exams and a D on the coursework, anybody know if u can resit coursework?)

AFAIK you'll have to do the coursework again to the new year's spec but yes.

I got

A in Computing

B in Maths

C in Physics

D in biology

I got B in politics, 2 marks off a B in Geography so that was anoying and failed chemistry and got an E in Biology even though I was predicted a B. :laugh:

So I will proberly resit politics and geography perhaps one module to bump them up to A's and resit all of bio to get a B. I'm just glad I'm not getting kicked out lol.

BTEC National Diploma:

IT Practicioners ( Software Development ) - Triple Distinction (AAA)

and A-Level Maths, in which i got a C, which im happy about, i just know i couldda got a B with more work..

Roll on Uni !!!

A in AS Maths

A in A2 Maths

A in AS Physics

A in AS Economics

C in General Studies.

I'm happy :)

as I'm doing maths and physics for A level this year (starting next month), just wondering, how hard are the maths and physics courses compared to the GCSE courses. (I know it differs, but I'm just wondering what to expect).

and well done to everyone, and if you didn't get what you wanted, don't worry, its not the end of the world!

and btw, hopefully this time next week I'll hopefully be celebrating my GCSE results (hoping for A's and A*'s).

as I'm doing maths and physics for A level this year (starting next month), just wondering, how hard are the maths and physics courses compared to the GCSE courses. (I know it differs, but I'm just wondering what to expect).

and well done to everyone, and if you didn't get what you wanted, don't worry, its not the end of the world!

and btw, hopefully this time next week I'll hopefully be celebrating my GCSE results (hoping for A's and A*'s).

The main difference is in the amount of work IMO...

Though, it does make what we did at GCSE look pathetic.

I passed the exams I needed to pass and i've got my place at uni so i'm more than happy. With enough effort and any revision I know I could have done better...but i'm going to Uni and that's the main thing in my mind, results don't really matter to me because i've got a place and now I can study something I enjoy and i'm another step closer to getting the job I want! :D

...and yeah, the amount of work you have to do at A-Level does make the GCSE workload seem like nothing.

Personally, my worload hasn't changed that much since AS. Well, not that I can notice. I think I've been overloaded with work since Year 7 though.

I got for AS:

A - English Lang&Lit

B - History

C - Critical Thinking

C - Sociology

C - General Studies

I should have got an A in History, if I had revised. Plus, I was 2 marks off a B in Sociology, and 4 marks off a B in Critical Thinking.

Ah well, I'll improve them for next year.

The second year of Maths is quite difficult. The first isn't too bad, but you do need to work for it.

Physics is not easy - you'll need to do more than just classwork/homework to get a good grade.

But to be honest, if you like Maths and Physics at GCSE, you should enjoy it at A Level. Don't be put off by the fact that it could be hard - both subjects are extremely worthwhile.

Just got my results:

Computing - B

Maths - C (Whipee)

Physics - D

Electronics - D

Well done everyone (Y).

I suppose I am satisfied with mine, least I got something to build on.

Computing AS: CPT2 - A, CPT3 - A, CPT1 (took in January) - C, Overall B 230marks

Maths AS: C1 - C, C2 - C, S1 - D, Overall C

Not too bad i guess, but need to resit a few :laugh: Glad to see most of the people here got good results :cool:

Hope you got into the uni's you's wanted to go to! :)

Anyone else going to post their results?

I have worked out my action plan to improve on my grade's, and I think I will be retaking four unit's.

Anyone else started filling in their application for to UCAS yet, and what uni's are people thinking of going to?

I've started filling my UCAS thing in last term my carrers teacher made everyone start it. Its quite a bit to fill in. I hate form filling in.

CC - GCE Applied ICT (double award)

D - AS Business studies

I did AS Chemistry aswell but it doesn't have an overall grade and I don't think I have my january results anymore, what should I do?