[Year 12] A-Level

A - German

A - IT

C - Resistant Materials

D - Physics

I know I'd fail physics, but I got in to Sheffield uni to study german and russian :D

good place is sheffield, i should know i live there !! :cool:

D - Physics

I know I'd fail physics, but I got in to Sheffield uni to study german and russian :D

D is still a pass at A-level, anything above a U is a pass ;)

Different to GCSE's where anything below a C is fail

D is still a pass at A-level, anything above a U is a pass ;)

Different to GCSE's where anything below a C is fail

Wrong... in GCSE anything that's not a U is also a pass... which means a G is a pass. Crazy, but true.

A - Photography

A - Media

C - Music - 3 Units, i got B,B,U - That U will be at least a B when i retake it, it was just bad luck, it so happens it was just a bad exam day for me, it happens, so i will retake that in January and easily get a B

E - Computing - Who cares! I planned to drop it after a week of starting the course

Wrong... in GCSE anything that's not a U is also a pass... which means a G is a pass. Crazy, but true.

Very true! I got a G grade in graphics and i was still awarded a pass....I never mention it on my CV tho :laugh:

I found my January Chemistry results and I've got a D overall :)

Does anyone who takes GCE Applied ICT (double award) know if we can improve our first year coursework in the second year?

I get my GCSE results tomorrow, I am really scared. I dislocated my knee at the end of January and missed just under a month of school.

I suppose that month would have a big impact to be honest. I broke my ankle earlier this year, but I still went into college the next day on crutches.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to college on Monday to start the new year. Has anyone started their personal statement's and UCAS applications?

What uni's are people thinking of applying to and for that course?

I start the new year on the 11th :D I haven't started the personal statement's and UCAS applications yet. Today i had to go into college to decide what subjects i want to take and my new form tutor said he'll be helping us with the UCAS stuff when we get back.

I'm still wondering if i should stay for a 3rd year after this year.. i want to do engineering in uni but only starting physics AS next week and taking maths A2 n computing A2. I emailed some uni's.. only Sheffield and Salford said Half a physics A-level is ok but 'MOST' people have the full one :pinch: Can u guys help me out, do u's think i should finish the full physics A-level before moving on?

I will probably apply for Ones like Liverpool uni, Sheffield uni, Manchester uni etc. How about you Martyn?

I start the new year on the 11th :D I haven't started the personal statement's and UCAS applications yet. Today i had to go into college to decide what subjects i want to take and my new form tutor said he'll be helping us with the UCAS stuff when we get back.

I'm still wondering if i should stay for a 3rd year after this year.. i want to do engineering in uni but only starting physics AS next week and taking maths A2 n computing A2. I emailed some uni's.. only Sheffield and Salford said Half a physics A-level is ok but 'MOST' people have the full one :pinch: Can u guys help me out, do u's think i should finish the full physics A-level before moving on?

I will probably apply for Ones like Liverpool uni, Sheffield uni, Manchester uni etc. How about you Martyn?

Lucky you, I went back today. Bit of an anticlimax to be honest! But I have missed the wanking material you get at our college over the summer :laugh:.

As for the Physics question, it is wise to take it to full A-Level but whether to sacrafice a full year just to do that is questionable. You should perhaps discuss it further with your tutor.

In term's of Uni's I was thinking Surrey, York, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and maybe Lancaster. That is, if any of them will take me!

I want to do Computer Science by the way. I need between AAA and BBB to do that, and considering I got BCDD for my AS levels...

Lucky you, I went back today. Bit of an anticlimax to be honest! But I have missed the wanking material you get at our college over the summer :laugh:.

As for the Physics question, it is wise to take it to full A-Level but whether to sacrafice a full year just to do that is questionable. You should perhaps discuss it further with your tutor.

In term's of Uni's I was thinking Surrey, York, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and maybe Lancaster. That is, if any of them will take me!

I want to do Computer Science by the way. I need between AAA and BBB to do that, and considering I got BCDD for my AS levels...

hahahaha.. it's quite boring for me to stay home u know :pinch: I rather go back to college to see mates etc :cool: .

Ah, thanks for the help, but i'm thinking if i do take it to physics A2 next year.. then i'll only have 1 subject :o So maybe i'll choose another two AS's? or possibly re-do a whole year of maths if i don't do too well. :laugh:

hmm, i want to study Aerospace Engineering, it requires AAB - BBB in most the uni's, and the better grades have to be of maths and physics... not computing :crazy: My AS's were similar, i got a B for computing and JUST managed a C for maths (the other subject i had in my AS year was science GCSE, i didnt do too good in GCSE :whistle: But i'm happy now i got BB since i did the foundation paper).

Well good luck to you Martyn for the A2 year, and hope you get them grades for u to study Computer Science in uni :)

hahahaha.. it's quite boring for me to stay home u know :pinch: I rather go back to college to see mates etc :cool: .

Ah, thanks for the help, but i'm thinking if i do take it to physics A2 next year.. then i'll only have 1 subject :o So maybe i'll choose another two AS's? or possibly re-do a whole year of maths if i don't do too well. :laugh:

hmm, i want to study Aerospace Engineering, it requires AAB - BBB in most the uni's, and the better grades have to be of maths and physics... not computing :crazy: My AS's were similar, i got a B for computing and JUST managed a C for maths (the other subject i had in my AS year was science GCSE, i didnt do too good in GCSE :whistle: But i'm happy now i got BB since i did the foundation paper).

Well good luck to you Martyn for the A2 year, and hope you get them grades for u to study Computer Science in uni :)

I know what you mean. I like a while away from my college, so I don't get to see my friends as much as I would like to. It is good to be back and see people!

If your going to do that extra year in college then you should do more than the one subject! I knew someone that retook Electronics and Physics AS level because he did poorly in his first year, in the end he ended up doing better, but he never went on to A2 level because he did not have the motivation to do a third year! So you have to be careful that does not happen to you.

Hope you get the grade's you want as well (Y). I think the main thing is just to stick at it!

• 4 months later...

I did AQA biology resit today, all three papers, got a politics tomorow, general studies and geography on monday and next friday general studies, then biology Unit 5 and politcs unit 4 on the 29th then I'm done.

A in AS Maths

A in A2 Maths

A in AS Physics

A in AS Economics

C in General Studies.

I'm happy :)

That's amazing, congrats your bound to get in a great uni with those grades

LOL nice bump (Y)

I have Stats and Probability on Fri, 2 Geography on Mon, 1 General Studies exam (Got a U in the summer deliberately so i couldn't take it at A2, exam is for bonus UMS points) and Core 3 Maths next Thursday

I did politics today, got worried I didn't write enough in the hour oh well got a B already. My next exam is general studies and a geography unit 1 resit.