[Year 12] A-Level

I got 50 in my general studies have no idea what it means there was only the mark on the paper. :laugh:

As long as those who didn't do well realise they need to improve then it's fine. I'd much rather fail now and try hard to improve than fail in summer.

Maths C1: 94/100

C2: 95/100

M1: 90/100

But I have a friend who had 100 in all three. 100% Maths AS, nice.

It's good to see everybody here again, I still remember the GCSE thread :)

hmm how come you got to do M1 for as we have to do S1 and cant start M1 till A2

Had my first year AVCE results

Presenting Information - 51 E

Hardware - 50 E

Spreadsheet - 73 - B

Programing - 73 - B

Multimedia - 73 - B

It In Orgs Exam - 57 - D

This year Exams

System Analysis - 54

Internet - 50

The board is edexel and i'm not very happy with them what so ever!!! We've had major problems with the results and they getting re marked for Hardware. The two people that deal with the hardware also take me for Spreasheets and Programing, Yet i got a B with them. When i get a D-E for my hardware. My Presenting information i'm also peed off with as i feel that has been marked wrong

My exam results are really poor i can never get anything about 60, If they are marking down the units wrong what to say the exams are wrong.

The teacher that had me for programing had me for hardware, He has taught hardware for 5 years and never had a problem what so ever. He took me for internet we revised for 3 weeks. I got B's in past exam papers. Yet i'm only getting crappy es. and D's

I'm pretty anoyed at the boards

hmm how come you got to do M1 for as we have to do S1 and cant start M1 till A2

At my college, we got a choice of either M1 or S1.

Indeed it's a choice, I think it's just the teachers' preference. We have two teachers, one who teaches mechanics and one who teaches stats. As long as we cover all the necessary modules it doesn't really matter which order they're in.

Hummmmm this has started to worry me.

Whats 72 in Computing then - our computing teacher said its an A but you guys are differnt....

I went through the paper with my teacher before we got results and i got more or less everything correct so i couldn't have got a C....

Hummmmm this has started to worry me.

Whats 72 in Computing then - our computing teacher said its an A but you guys are differnt....

I went through the paper with my teacher before we got results and i got more or less everything correct so i couldn't have got a C....

I suppose it depends on the exam board. Different exam boards equals different grade boundries? :/

Your grade depends on your UMS (Uniform Marking Scheme) points on that particular exam for A--level:

If the paper was out of 90 UMS:

A = 72+

B = 63-71

C = 54-62

D = 45-53

E = 36-44

U = >36

If the paper was out of 100:

A = 80+

B = 70-79

C = 60-69

D = 50-59

E = 40-49

U = >39

If the paper was out of 120:

A = 96+

B = 84-95

C = 72-83

D = 60-71

E = 48-59

U = >47

For a whole AS Level (300 UMS Points):

A = 240+

B = 210-239

C = 180-209

D = 150-179

E = 120-149

U = >119

For the whole A2 Level Cours (600 UMS Points)

A = 480+ (80% +)

B = 336-479 (70 - 79%)

C = 288-335 (60 - 69%)

D = 300-334 (50 - 59%)

E = 240-299 (40 - 49%)

U = >240 (>39%)

The above applies to all examining boards for As and A2 level in the UK.

Business - 12th (Last Thursday)

Maths Mechanics - Monday 16th

Mechanics is retake so it better go well

Got a B in Business (Finance)

and

Got a C in Mechanics which is better than last year by quite a bit :p got 37 points more this go round lol

i'm so not happy

i found i had 10 less marks then for my last 2 exams.

An exam i did last year i retook i got lower. funny enough so did everyone else who did!

an for unit 4 -hardware i learnt that we had our grades slashed but today i only found out it was by 50% so i went from 20 marks which is an A to a D which is 10 marks. Yet the teachers that deal with unit took me for programing and spreadsheets, i only went and got 2 B's

They said they were not happy with the unit markings and everyone grade was slashed by 50% for the unit

Exams, hardly anyone get higher then a D

We revised our internet exam for 3 weeks doing past exam papers, we were getting pretty good marks on em. as soon as the exam comes round we are getting **** ones.

I retook an exam last year i got lower then my first one, i'm sure pretty much everyone else did as well. says something.

I wonder if it is possible to request my work back from the edexcel board to see what went wrong?

The thing about the A-Level I hated was the fact that AS-Levels really do cripple you if you've done badly. You can't get into a good Uni if you did badly in AS's, because all the offers are based on your AS results.

Good luck though to all the students, work as hard as you can!

I got some of my results last week,

finished Further Maths 91/100 in FP2 and 83/100 in FP3, ended up with 548/600 which is an A

got 91/100 in M2 so in my normal maths A level im currently at 384/400, on course for an A form only 5 of the 6 exams. Only weird thing is that i finished the further maths A level before finihsing the maths one.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would bring this thread back to the life, due to the fact I have my first exam in 11 days :o :blink: :cry:

Good luck on those. As someone said in this forum - It's these exams that can either make you or break you.

Got a B in computer - Made Imperial reject me at least. hehe...

PS: Next time make a new clean topic on it.

=)

Exam time again already? :o I better check when I'm supposed to sit my Advanced Highers as I need to start learning (can't revise until I've actually learned the material!). Still it's not that important given that I accepted an Unconditional Offer for Edinburgh Uni yesterday. :)

\o/ for Sixth Year!

I go on study leave on the 12th of May, first exam for Geography on the 26th of May. :unsure:

To be honest if you do really badly it isnt the end of the world - i dont have A-Lvls and i study Computer Science at University of Bath

edit: i should perhaps mention that i have 1 year in industry and an HNC to make up for no a-lvls