[Year 12] A-Level

Spyker

AS is easy compared to A2, if u do anything in your A-Levels graft your balls off for AS, then u can get like a C in A2 and still windup with an A at A2. At AS i had AABB in bio/physics/chem/maths and at A2 i need AAB chem/bio/maths, but this year is a whole different ballgame, A2 Chem is by far the hardest subject the amount and complexity of the information u are required to retain is silly.

Milan -

Done all my mock exams now just waiting for the real thing, i'm most worriesd about the physics paper :|

Martyn

Yeah I agree with the general opinion that the AS's are probably more important than A2, afterall these are the grades that we will put on our university applications.

If I am honest the most I can achieve is:

Maths - C

Computing - A

Electronics - C

Physics - B

But realistically:

Maths - D

Computing - B

Electronics - D

Physics - C

PS: Next time make a new clean topic on it.

=)

Why? The GCSE thread had about 1000 reply's and spanned a good six months ;)

+Peewee210

In the UK it is that time again. These exams are taken by 16-18 years olds in 'Year 12 and 13'.

Has everyone been revising for the past couple of months? I started mine just before Easter, which isn't too bad, i started later when i took my GCSE's last year.

My first exam is tomorrow; General Studies Unit 3. This should be ok, as there is no revision to it and you only need 27/50 to get an A :)

When is your first exam? :cool:

aerowave

I have a General Studies exam tomorrow as well. What exactly is the point in it?

Flipshot

My first exam is a physics practical on Wednesday. Its annoying that most of my exams are after half term I would have rather have got a few more out the way beforehand.

JazSembi

WHAT?1 START OF EASTER :| fkn hell i really should start

im doing my a2's, where are people in my year hoping to go next year? and what are you doing for a2's?

im doing maths further maths economics chemistry and finance (as equiv) and i want AABBb and hopefully going to ucl next year to study maths.

gonna go get the books out.

Axel

I have a General Studies exam tomorrow as well. What exactly is the point in it?

I wouldnt argue, it gives you more UCAS points and enables you to tally em up to get to the uni and course you want.

+Peewee210

I wouldnt argue, it gives you more UCAS points and enables you to tally em up to get to the uni and course you want.

Plus the School gets ?25 per student who sits the exam

fpd

General Studies is bollocks no uni accepts it anyway.

Blackima

Gah, my Mecanics 3 exam (one of the further maths modules) is on in a week! and then Physics and Chemistry practicals shortly after that

Phys + Chem should be alright but I'm really not looking forward to further maths. It's so hard :(

Really regret not doing any revision of easter hols now

[edit] oh, didn't see your post, JazSembi

Guess we're one of the few doing A2's this year here. Loads more seem to have their As / gcses here in neowin.

I'm doing Further Maths As+A2, Physics A2, Chemistry A2 and AEA physics (this one's on the last day of schol, so none of us are going to bother :p)

Last year there was a way larger workload with Maths As+A2, Physics As, Chemistry As and Economics As and all the UCAS-filling extra curricular stuff :p

Thank god I don't need an A in further maths as all my offers are just 3 A or lower (no 4 A offers). So I just need to get an A in physics and chemistry to get into my first choice ^^,

Edited by Blackima
madnuke

GS, no decent units accept them.

**Jem**

My first exam is June 19th. I kinda started studying this weekend...but i've never been any good at it lol. I'm just making sure I complete all of the revision questions so I can use them to study, then i've got to remember cases because it's Law...and there are loads of cases. :pinch:

I have all of my exams in the same week. I hate studying though, especially when I need to have bloody great grades to get into Uni. They want 300 points + ...damn will they be lucky if I get anywhere close lol. Maybe they'll take pity and take my Law grades as an indication that I did actually focus on that subject at least...and since it's my aim to have a career in Law why should points matter if I have gained an 'A' at Level for just that particular subject? :|

I'm seriously considering taking another year so I can maybe take some extra AS Subjects and focus on getting some money together because i've gotta pay for my car but i'm not sure. The only problem is that if I technially take a year out then I wont remember it all lol...but that all depends on if I get into any Universities. If I don't then I will go back to college...if I do then great! lol

Guess i'll just have to study and hope for the best lol. :rolleyes:

Martyn

There is already a topic on this that Saxondale created ;)

I have my Physics practical tomorrow, and then my Computing CPT3 on Wednesday. Those are exams you cannot really prepare for to be honest. I have my C1 and C2 Maths exams on Monday, followed by the Electronics on Tuesday! I cant remember after that :p!

I have not really done much revision, as I only started in bits about two weeks ago, but I am quite happy with my preparation for them. AS Levels I find quite hard anyway so I will probably come out with BCEE, but hopefully ABCC (at the best).

General studies is crap, we took the AS in January at our college and I got an E. D's, E's an U's were the most common grades everyone got for it. It's pointless, we dont even do anything in the lesson.

Captain_Wang

Haven't started revising yet, I haven't actually got that much I can revise for my subjects (English etc) just know the materail well, so I'm going to enjoy study leave.

saxondale.

Well well, Computing CPT3 this wedesday - Handed in half finished piece of coursework, will fail that course but i dont really care. Have my photography coursework to hand in on wednesday too, should get an A in that.

Laurë

In the UK it is that time again. These exams are taken by 16-18 years olds in 'Year 12 and 13'.

Has everyone been revising for the past couple of months? I started mine just before Easter, which isn't too bad, i started later when i took my GCSE's last year.

My first exam is tomorrow; General Studies Unit 3. This should be ok, as there is no revision to it and you only need 27/50 to get an A :)

When is your first exam? :cool:

As far as I know, General Studies has similar score requirements as other subjects for each grade. That is to say, 27/50 will get you a pass but not an A grade.

Not for a course that is really worth doing.

My first exam is June 19th. I kinda started studying this weekend...but i've never been any good at it lol. I'm just making sure I complete all of the revision questions so I can use them to study, then i've got to remember cases because it's Law...and there are loads of cases. :pinch:

I have all of my exams in the same week. I hate studying though, especially when I need to have bloody great grades to get into Uni. They want 300 points + ...damn will they be lucky if I get anywhere close lol. Maybe they'll take pity and take my Law grades as an indication that I did actually focus on that subject at least...and since it's my aim to have a career in Law why should points matter if I have gained an 'A' at Level for just that particular subject? :|

I'm seriously considering taking another year so I can maybe take some extra AS Subjects and focus on getting some money together because i've gotta pay for my car but i'm not sure. The only problem is that if I technially take a year out then I wont remember it all lol...but that all depends on if I get into any Universities. If I don't then I will go back to college...if I do then great! lol

Guess i'll just have to study and hope for the best lol. :rolleyes:

The uni needs to know that you can cope with the workload and actually studying and learning lots of new information. Most entry requirements seem to specify that you take the two or three required qualifications in the same year as well.

Saying you hate studying is no excuse for failure though and I am surprised that you are doing the whole A-level and uni thing if you hate it studying and can't take it seriously.

Bhav

I had General Studies today...such a bunch of s*** - Unis totally disregard it anyway.

Coming up:

Maths C3, C4, M2, S2, D1 (I took C1, C2, M1, S1 in Jan)

Economics AS 1, 2, 3

Physics AS 1, 2, 3

General Studies AS 1, 2

Bhav

Had General Studies Unit 3 today...it wasn't difficult, it's just that GS is total s***.

Since I'm doing Further Maths, I did C1, C2, M1, S1 in Jan.

Coming Up:

Maths: C3, C4, M2, S2, D1

Physics: AS 1, 2, 3

Economics: AS 1, 2, 3

(General Studies: 1, 2)

+Peewee210

Yeah i had General Studies today Unit 3. It was fairly easy just about Global warming and environmental effects.

Next exam is in a weeks time, General Studies Unit 1 and 2

Powa

Haha I was totally talking about Thatcher's Britain in that General Studies exam today. I was just taking it easy, as all the best Universities don't accept General Studies.

I had my History Unit 3 today too, Louis in Eclipse. Wasn't too hard, wasn't too easy, I'll say I'm optimistic.

TC88

Glad to see this page bk haha :laugh:

Computing CPT3 this wednesday =.= Helps guys.... i'm not doing too gud on the coursework...

+dave164

Finished the CPT3 coursework - hopefully aced that, will offer help

Im probably aiming for a D in Maths, E / D in Physics, C in Computing and C / B in Electronics (i got full marks in coursework so im 5 marks off a D)!

Fred Derf

I think this was closed in error. I don't see any mod message indicating why it was closed so...

[Thread Re-Opened]

Since there was also a similar thread (which was also closed)...

[Threads Merged]