[Year 12] A-Level

sbohan
I am revising for the C1 and C2 exam for Monday now, I still cant get my head around differentiation were you have to simplify the indices's (as I am crap with indicies).

How do you mean simplify the indices' ? Are you just worried about having the answer in the correct form, if so don't worry as you will generally only tend to lose one accuracy mark. I have my C1 resit tomorrow, not done anything on it since last year but have decided to try and pick up a few extra marks on it to relieve the pressure on the C4 exam.

saxondale.

music tech on the 25th :)

Shibby

I'm on my last year and doing AVCE ICT

Got a resit on thursday for System Analysis.

Got a total of something like 551 which is a DE but thats all of last year results and with a possible mark for 1 unit that has been marked

There is another 2 units waiting to be marked but the third we are still doing as we get 25% extra time.

So far for networking i should be getting an A, Web page design a B maybe even an A! HCI no f'ing clue because the teacher is a PAIN IN THE BUTT.

Database's i'm aiming for a B

this should give me something like a CC Or CB hopefully.

mpat1024

Urgh, A-level exams are here already!

I have physics A2 practicals on the 24th May, as well as D1 (so boringly stupid) on the 24th May.

Then theres nothing until the 14th of June!

Blackima

Ah bollocks

8 hours until my first Further Maths A2 paper (Mechanics 3)

Am I ready?

Nope

Martyn

How do you mean simplify the indices' ? Are you just worried about having the answer in the correct form, if so don't worry as you will generally only tend to lose one accuracy mark. I have my C1 resit tomorrow, not done anything on it since last year but have decided to try and pick up a few extra marks on it to relieve the pressure on the C4 exam.

No I mean on C2, were you have to differentiate the more complicated indicies...

I have done the exam now anyway, it went ok and it could of been worse. Three hour exams are pathetic though.

I have Electronics tomorrow and I have not revised for it because I have been focusing on maths! :pinch:

Tbhoc

Hello...

On C2 today, anyone got the very last question about the area R? What was the correct answer?

former1

30. something if i remember correct or it was 3x.x i can't reallly remember :p But C2 was **** easy, I kind of screwed up C1 thinking I'd have enough time to write in pencil, and go over it in pen >.< to make it neat and all you know >.<! But ah well, C2 was good : )

Tbhoc

grr, somehow i found 9 1/3 and althought I knew that was wrong I did not know what I did wrong :( but yeah it was quite easy and so was C1 where I made a mistake on the last question too :p. I think that I dont like the last questions. The good thing is that are very small mistakes so I dont think I loose many marks :)

I hope.

+Peewee210

I had General Studies exams just, unit 1 & 2, a person's phone went of 5 minutes into the exam, he has 0 marks on all his AS Level tests now!

madnuke

I've got AQA geography on friday anyone else got that?

Neil

I do, good luck, are you doing AQA A or AQA B?

Subfusion

Yeah, I've got Geography this Friday as well, Human & Physical Environments (Edexcel, Option A)!

Good luck to everyone doing Geography :)

+Peewee210

Yup, im doing the AQA Papers, GGB1 and GGB3, i took GGB2 in January and cam out with a A :D Historical geography though... :sleep:

ali89

c1 n c2 were jus sweeet....i mean even tho it wuz kinda lengthy it wuz still ez basic stuff..the only prob i had wuz the last question in c1..which i managed to get right...

anywayz im expecting full in both..most of the ppl in my skool are actually..not a surprise

n btw regarding the last question of c2..since they required an exact answer for R..it wuz 100/3 :yes:

madnuke

I do, good luck, are you doing AQA A or AQA B?

I do AQA B, glaciers, rivers and weather and lots of human geography on Mumbai and urban decline and renewal!

Just got to remember plenty of examples of where everything has occured or where a nice example of a rouche mountonnee is :p

+Peewee210

I do AQA B, glaciers, rivers and weather and lots of human geography on Mumbai and urban decline and renewal!

Just got to remember plenty of examples of where everything has occured or where a nice example of a rouche mountonnee is :p

Ahh Glaciers is a easy module. Jan 06 paper was too easy, just remember Examples and definations of processes for Glacial, Periglacial etc

+dave164

CPT3 was ok, first question i buggered as we didnt get the 3rd page of the spec so didnt know what to include. The rest was ok though

Physics practical was easy, we had to move 2 rules apart from each other and find the voltages... lol :sleep:

Maths mech 1 today, was really hard, probably an E

Electronics tommorrow (WJEC), ET1 resit and ET2, only need 5 marks for a D and 35 for a C so im confident :p I got 40/40 for the coursework.

Anywho i'll post an update tommorrow

David

mysterious_w

I had Mech 1 also.

I aced it.

Powa

I should have taken a calculator into that General Studies exam...

Yeah I heard somebody in the other room will probably get 0 because her phone went off twice or something.

+Peewee210

I should have taken a calculator into that General Studies exam...

Yeah I heard somebody in the other room will probably get 0 because her phone went off twice or something.

That happened to us but it was a Lad his phone went of once and the examier people told him to get out.

Ahh Graphics Calculators! Helped me on a few questions yesterday in the General Studies exam ;)

Martyn

Electronics tommorrow (WJEC), ET1 resit and ET2, only need 5 marks for a D and 35 for a C so im confident :p I got 40/40 for the coursework.

Care to educate me on Electronics, think you could teach me it in two hours??

:cry:

+dave164

Care to educate me on Electronics, think you could teach me it in two hours??

:cry:

Hehe, were differnt exam boards remember :p

madnuke

That happened to us but it was a Lad his phone went of once and the examier people told him to get out.

Ahh Graphics Calculators! Helped me on a few questions yesterday in the General Studies exam ;)

]

Yeah seen that happen, last exam of GCSE some persons phone went off in a French listening he lost that one and it took a lot of bargining to not get the other exams cancelled, it turned out it was his mum ringing him to check what time he needed picking up :pinch:

I just leave my phone at home on exam days, I only live 5 minutes away from school.

+Peewee210
I just leave my phone at home on exam days, I only live 5 minutes away from school.

Yeah, thats what i do, i only live 15 mins away so there is no need to take my mobile