• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

OS X 10.2 Jaguar Final on Friday

Dazzla    5

Sources say that Apple is looking to release the "Golden Master" on Friday for pressing of the discs. The current build is 115 with a potential final build of 6C120. Apparently there are no major bugs left in 6C115, so things are all on target.

Carracho is certainly going to be busy on the weekend if this is the case! grin.gif

username    0

good for mac users, (though i am not one) i am looking forward to reading some reviews

wtmcgee    0

i've messed around with it in the apple store, it's looking really, really good. huge performance increases... i can't wait :D

cerbero    0

Hmm. I guess it'll be my first play with Carracho after I get my Mac this weekend then (if my money for it arrives on friday) :D:pirate:

Gator    0

Good deal. It's gonna be an all out frenzy on Carracho...can't wait.:D

lazydesert    0

/me wants a mac. . :(

Kanecorp    0

damn..already spent the money and preordered....oh well, i can wait i guess:ermm:

Gator    0
Originally posted by Kanecorp  

damn..already spent the money and preordered....oh well, i can wait i guess:ermm:

Nothing wrong with that at all. I am going to buy the final too. Nothing beats the real thing out of that cool box.

cerbero    0

I will buy it as soon as I have money I guess. It'll be a while though since I'll spend most of it on the computer itself. I'm getting it used so I guess I'll have to support Apple somehow :D

DrunkenMaster    0

Here's a link to a PDF which includes some details on the full OPEN-GL rendering engine that OSX Jaguar will use. Its not exactly technical but there are a few nice slides and some information none the less. It also says that the entire desktop is treated in 3d and the OPENGL engine renders every pixel on the screen.

http://www.opengl.org/developers/code/feat...02bof_apple.pdf

jedimasterk    2

Pretty neat!. OSX is a god send to alot of people. Unlike Windows XP. No new features for that OS. Probably never will be!.