FAQ / Common Problems & Solutions

Tiago Sathler, h? 3 atualiza??es que podem causar isso. na pasta D:\autopatcher\AutoPatcher56\tools\tweakundo, procure por:

Undo_DisableAdminShares.reg

Undo_ipcsharevunerability.reg

Undo_noshareddocuments.reg

adicione os 3 no registro, reinicie e teste novamente se resolveu seu problema. voc? tamb?m pode restaurar um ponto de restaura??o antes de ter aplicado as atualiza??es que tamb?m deve resolver seu problema. outra coisa: ? importante verificar se as atualiza??es que voc? vai instalar servem para seu pc.

outra coisa: perguntas em portugu?s tendem a ser ignoradas por aqui

[]s

theblazingangel, sorry. i've just forgot SAP. anyway, Tiago Sathler was just asking for how fix a sharing problem. hope that he will be able to fix it now.

hi, i cant seem to run autopatcher for XP. i have tried the below suggestion found in FAQ:

6) When i double click the AutoPatcher shortcut nothing happens

Go to: C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher\tools, run 'AutoPatcher Module Editor.exe' and close it - next run autopatcher.

If that doesn't help, copy comdlg32.ocx from the AutoPatcher \bin folder to c:\windows\system32 (overwrite existing file if there is one).

but it's still not working.

any other ideas?

thanks

yes. check if you aren't running also a limited user. in some cases, AP may not even install. it's a good idea check if md5 is ok too. i almost forgot... try disable your antivirus program too. some just lock AP

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Anybody got the problem of not detecting any new updates on Windows update after using Autopatcher on Vista ulitmate?

I had some Language packs Available to download and now there is nothing.

My windows defender needs updating and it doesnt want to update anymore.

^ I'm aware that it seems that Vista Ultimate has a different detection (don't know why, but it has). I'm going to fix it for next month.

About Windows Defender you'll have to update it in Windows Update...

Hi!

I'm running Windows Server 2003 eXPerience edition. Windows update work perfectly until microsoft released Service Pack 2 which can't be installed on my system, probably due to it's modified version. Is the latest ver of Autopatcher for 2003 covering SP2 updates ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi,i`m a new registered member.please help me.i downloaded AutoPatcher_WinXP_Jul07_x86_ENU_Update.but when i want to install it,it gives me a error.it want a requirment:WinXP June 2007 x86 ENU ... Missing

what must i do?sorry for my incorrect writing english.

theblazingangel or anyone -- can u explain the answer file? Is the answer file the core, june, and july updates in one. I want try the network run but I would like to know how the answer file should be created with the three .exe's.

the answer file is used to save your selection in autopatchers selection window.

install all three releases, run autopatcher, go to the selection screen, make your selection, click the button - bottom left (i forget what it's labeled), choose the 'save selection' option, and save it besides autopatcher.exe

One more concern regarding the network share run. Does autopatcher require a mapped drive using a batch script or can the run be accomplished via a UNC path? I have seen posts suggesting both.

ex.) \\servername\autopatcher\autopatcher.exe

Thanks in advance!!