FAQ / Common Problems & Solutions

Greetings. I had the December 2005 full release, but uninstalled most of it. Now, I"m trying to get the July 2006, full. Perhaps I need an interim release?

I know this is addressed elsewhere here, but not in enough clear detail for my aging brain.

Thanks very much. :)

Greetings. I had the December 2005 full release, but uninstalled most of it. Now, I"m trying to get the July 2006, full. Perhaps I need an interim release?

I know this is addressed elsewhere here, but not in enough clear detail for my aging brain.

Thanks very much. :)

Best option is download April Full, and May + June + July Updates.

Install them in date order. then run autopatcher and it will give you full updates.

You can download from my mirror if you wish. http://ap.manroweb.co.uk

Let us know if you have any problems

I just finished installing SP2 successfully on my previous XP Professional SP1.

When the August 2006 full comes out will it have all the updates in it since SP2 came out?

Thanks in advance.

How i can remove this genuine it is annoying, pls help.

Buy a legitimate copy of Windows or, if your copy IS genuine and it's still proving a problem, call Microsoft on the phone and speak to somebody about getting a replacement copy.

Otherwise, we can't help you, sorry.

(WGA is un-uninstallable)

Trying to run Autopatcher (August) but it hangs up at 42% everytime! Task manager does not show "program not responding" but I have to terminate it anyway. This is my first attempt at Autopatcher. do I need to do something to prepare for it first? :(

• 4 weeks later...

sorry!

win 2k, autopatcher 5.1 august...

Mmmm... English August 2006 working fine... I've just tested it (downloaded from LittlBuger)... try to uninstall your release and remove AutoPatcher's folder (e.g "C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher 2k\").

Then re-install AP and run it!

Mmmm... English August 2006 working fine... I've just tested it (downloaded from LittlBuger)... try to uninstall your release and remove AutoPatcher's folder (e.g "C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher 2k\").

Then re-install AP and run it!

don't work...

uninstalled and re-installed... problem persist...

with italian version, error is in module net framework

thanks for help

Hello,

I have d/led :

AutoPatcher_XP_Apr06_ENU_Full.exe

AutoPatcher_XP_May06_ENU_Update.exe

AutoPatcher_XP_Jun06_ENU_Update.exe

AutoPatcher_XP_Jul06_ENU_Update.exe

my question is: do i have to d/l for AutoPatcher_XP_Aug06_ENU_Full.exe or just an AutoPatcher_XP_Aug06_ENU_Update.exe ?

what is Full update stand for ?

Hello,

I have d/led :

AutoPatcher_XP_Apr06_ENU_Full.exe

AutoPatcher_XP_May06_ENU_Update.exe

AutoPatcher_XP_Jun06_ENU_Update.exe

AutoPatcher_XP_Jul06_ENU_Update.exe

my question is: do i have to d/l for AutoPatcher_XP_Aug06_ENU_Full.exe or just an AutoPatcher_XP_Aug06_ENU_Update.exe ?

what is Full update stand for ?

You can install Apr06 Update -> May06 Update -> Jun06 Update -> Jul06 Update -> Aug06 Update -> Sep06 Update :sleep: ... or Aug06 Full -> Sep06 Update :yes: !

Before to install a Full release, you must uninstall previous release.

thx dkdk_it.

well..,so it would be wise to ignore the previous release and install autopatcher just for Aug06 Full -> Sep06 Update?

so sorry of askin silly question!

i'm a noob :cool: :D

it will be nice to add on autopatcher setup, an option to save the options to file cause it needs some time to custom your own. (i mean something like on mess.be's windows messenger live patch)...

sorry for my bad english and you all did some great work on it :)

hi guys, anyone can provide me with the info on how to remove "adaptec aspi driver for windows xp" and "directx 9.0c control panel" from my window xp sp2 (32bit)? i dont see any uninstall function.

hi guys, anyone can provide me with the info on how to remove "adaptec aspi driver for windows xp" and "directx 9.0c control panel" from my window xp sp2 (32bit)? i dont see any uninstall function.

for the dx9.0c cpl:

- delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\directx.cpl

- delete the "DirectX Control Panel" entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoPatcher in the registry

uninstalling the adaptec aspi driver is a bit tricky, since part of the installation is running a program file called reg_xp.exe that makes some modifications to your registry, but i dont know what modifications are done. the rest of the installation can be reversed by doing the following:

- delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ASPI32.SYS

- delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WNASPI32.DLL

- delete C:\Program Files\Adaptec ASPI

- delete C:\Documents and Setting\username\Start Menu\Programs\Adaptec ASPI

- delete the "Adaptec ASPI" entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoPatcher in the registry

I just installed the latest version of Autopatcher for XP, and now my screen display looks a bit different than it did before. It's hard to describe, but it's like the text is very very slightly blurry. It's still perfectly readable, but just not quite as sharp as before.

Does anyone know what in the world caused this?

thankies

Edited do add: Ok nevermind I fixed it. Looks like the update changed one of the Appearance settings.

Edited by Twilight Lamentation

• 2 weeks later...

After update

I receved the following STOP error message on a blue-screen:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000006B (0x0000003A, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Hichic

Can u tell me some ad ?

Need your help...

I've already installed Aug 2006 WinXP SP2 update on my PC.

But when I tried to run Autopatcher, below error occurs...

Error while loading a DLL ! ---> (MSVBVM60. DLL)

Can you help me on how to fix this?

It is because of this problem why I can't run the autopatcher :cry:

Hello to all,

i have recently formatted my computer and the first thing i did after i installed Windows XP and SP 2 was to install AutoPatcher (September 2006) and update my system with all the critical and recommended updates.

The problem that i have now is that i cannot use the Windows update anymore because whenever it runs it takes up 100% of my CPU without doing anything. I have therefore disabled automatic updates but i would like to be able to use Automatic updates OR Windows Update web site again.

My hard disk does not do anything; it is just my CPU going up to 100%. I have left it running for 10 minutes but no result. I had to terminate the Automatic Update service to stop it.

If i have to guess what is wrong i think that Automatic Updates is looking for a log file that tells it what is already installed on the system and probably is not able to find it because AutoPatcher maybe did not update or created this file.

Any ideas how to fix it? Any help would be very much appreciated.