FAQ / Common Problems & Solutions

when i install it appears a message

(an existing autopatcher installation WAS NOT detected in the install directory . if u continue you may experience problems , see FAQ)

what should i do ???!!!!

when i install it appears a message

(an existing autopatcher installation WAS NOT detected in the install directory . if u continue you may experience problems , see FAQ)

what should i do ???!!!!

Have you a previuos AP release installed?!?

Hello. It appears the latest full AutoPatcher XP is Aug 06. After I download and unzip it, should I then:

1) DL and unzip the Sept update, then dl and unzip the Oct update, then run AP for the first time after it has been completely updated?

Or, should I:

2) Run the Aug version. Then dl the Sep update, unzip and run it. Then dl the Oct update, unzip and run it?

Thanks much,

Harold

Hello. It appears the latest full AutoPatcher XP is Aug 06. After I download and unzip it, should I then:

1) DL and unzip the Sept update, then dl and unzip the Oct update, then run AP for the first time after it has been completely updated?

Or, should I:

2) Run the Aug version. Then dl the Sep update, unzip and run it. Then dl the Oct update, unzip and run it?

Thanks much,

Harold

Install Aug Full

Install Sept Update to same location as Aug Full

Install Oct Update to same location as Aug Full.

Run Autopatcher

Hi all,

Quick question regarding using XP AP for English:

Is it safe to assume that all critical updates/patches for a particular month in AP shud just be installed without really reading/seeing if they are needed on a particular system? (Not sure of how to actually check this, though?! Any help appreciated!!)

I know that some patches, hotfixes have caused problems and people were supposed to wait to install them until the bugs were worked out.

Is there any place in particular that I could read up on these hot fixes, patches and which ones to actually install each month?? That would be a GREAT help!!

Or am I just supposed to go ahead and install all the ones currently not on my system whether required or not?

I am a bit confused by this issue!

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

CP

Or, should I:

Thanks much,

Harold

What the bleep! I just downloaded the October 2006 Windows XP one and the full one is almost as big

as Service Pack 2!

I only have 56k! :angry:

Is there any option for just the security hotfixes?

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Install Aug Full

Install Sept Update to same location as Aug Full

Install Oct Update to same location as Aug Full.

Run Autopatcher

I thought if you installed Aug Full & then Oct Update that doing that gave you pretty much all of the updates.

Is this normal: After installing AutoPatcher and install Windows updates, after the instalation it:

-Removes Shut Down from Start Menu

-Removes Run from Start Menu

Why is that and how to restore it?

Edited by xWhisper

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have some problems with AutoPatcher. After instalation I'm running it, after few moments, when the modules are beeing loaded I'am getting an error:"Stop statement encoutered".

Can someone help me plz?

Your faithfull,

Steo`

after installing auto patcher it givs a message " your windows is not genuin". how can i remove that

Buy your copy of Windows. :)

WGA is un-uninstallable.

• 2 weeks later...

okay, fixed :p i guess im getting lazy :D

I'v Autopatcher XP Aug 06 Full.

Can I use it with

1. WinXP Pro SP2

2.WinXP Pro without SP2

3.WinXP Home

4.Win Media Center 2005 edition?

noobie question -- I'm a 98 user who is going to try w2k installs for first time (yikes!)

I take it that with autopatcher, first I install w2k, then I run autopather full + etc.? Is that right. (in other words, autopatcher is not like nLite, which seems more oriented toward production installs.)

with autopatcher full, when do I install the mobo drivers and device drivers etc. -- (a) immediately after initial install, but before installing and running autopatcher (I usually let MS install generic drivers, even if limited, then add actual devices later). I have SCSI zips, cdroms and scanners -- other than that everything generic. or (b) do I install w2k with generic drivers, then autopatcher off hdd, then add mobo sound and other devices.

does autopatcher install the 48-bit HDD fix for w2k?

One of my installs will be a w2k OEM w/sp4 so clean install will be no problem, but the other will be w2k gold upgrade from 98 ... do I have to install 98 first to use autopatcher?

with w2k, is it a requirement that I install WGA, or any other programs which will try to automatically install something from MS? I'm a 98 user and want to retain what little control of "my" computer that I'm allowed to have.

I plan on using w98se for my internet browsing (since 98 core cannot mount a w2k drive, data on w2k drive should be safe from internet predators if I only give them a 98 core to work from).

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this. I've just updated my Aug XP Full, with the Nov Update. The installer finishes alright, but then i click the shortcut and nothing happens. I've tried the suggested fixes to no avail.

I've read the other posts on this problem, but i couldnt see a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this. I've just updated my Aug XP Full, with the Nov Update. The installer finishes alright, but then i click the shortcut and nothing happens. I've tried the suggested fixes to no avail.

I've read the other posts on this problem, but i couldnt see a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

- same here - I have tried everything I could dig up in all posts - Task manager will show AP load and unload in a sec. I tried copying all the ocx and dlls to ..\system32 and the windows folder. Could it be that my OS folder is non-standard anem? it is c:\win2k and c:\win2k\system32 - this was an old win2k server upgraded to win2003 with sp1. No kind of spyware or AV are running. I have AP running fine on other win2k3 servers on the net without problems. This is the only machine where this happens and the only difference I see is the OS folder names. Beats me. If any help, hardware is a Gateway p4 running stably at 3Ghz with 512Mb RAM and 180gb free on the hdd.

Any help is greatly appreciated. ThnkX in adv

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've got a question...maybe a dumb one. Will windows update work after using autopatcher? Or do I have to keep using the monthly releases? I've looked through the forums and didn't see this addressed. Would like to know before using. Thanks.

Ron

Hi, I've got a question...maybe a dumb one. Will windows update work after using autopatcher? Or do I have to keep using the monthly releases? I've looked through the forums and didn't see this addressed. Would like to know before using. Thanks.

Ron

Yes, WU will still work after using AutoPatcher.