your ride - lets see it :)

Originally posted by twist

how long did most of you have to beg your prents to get you pretty cars after you saw the fast and the ridiculous?

Working is how I got my ride. Been working full time since I was 17 and saved most of the money.

Originally posted by Rage

1997-Black.jpg

This is my baby. 1997 Ford F-150 Lightning, the fastest stock truck that you can buy (381 HP stock). Plus I added the hood scoops for a turbo-charger and added another 44 HP. The next addition will be a nitrous kit. I can't wait.

why are you gonna turbo charge it if the lightning is already supercharged??? and those hood scoops wont do much unless youre going like 120mph, you'd probably get better airflow through the massive grill on those trucks, but no matter what, thats one tight ass truck...

and wait till next year till the dodge Ram SRT-10 comes out with the 8.3L viper engine :) gonna be pusshing 500hp :)

Originally posted by v0rt3x

It's called getting a job :p It took a year of part-time work before I had enough money to buy my car.

you made 20k in a year part time? are you a part time rocket scientist ;)

cause 20k saves in a year working partime is a bit much

Originally posted by v0rt3x

Umm, not really...

I didn't spend the money on anything, I just saved it, and I worked full-time in the summer. :p

no rent? food? gas? insurance?

"LIVING AT HOME" allows one to save that money. All I can say is that it must be nice having ZERO financial responsibility to buy a car.

I dont have my own car yet so ill post some pics of my moms car!

NOTE: this isn't actually my moms car as the scanner is broken, so i found some pics on the web.

also, Hers is one year newer than the second pic.

Mc1.jpg

mc2b.jpg

Mercedes-Benz 560 SL

5.6 liter V8 engine (oviously)

EDIT: oops, a little too big! (and i cant F |_| ( K !|| G spell!)

Originally posted by chrisxtreme

Is it just me, or does a majority of you seem to be rich? How the hell do all of you afford brand new/great cars?

I'm not rich by far. Just have a decent paying job. finding a great rate on insurance helps alot. also, leasing helps big time. ;) if I hadn't have leased, my mthly payments would've been 2x what i'm paying now. waaaaaaay out of my budget

:o

here was my first ride....my grandma's car for grocery shop runs (Plymouth Sundance). mine was an '87 in sort of a bronze color, and had a huge dent in the roof that looked like 10 kids had sat on top of it. i swear it had less than 100hp, and would go 0-60 in 60 seconds with the AC on...:

sun.jpeg

next we have my current car (2001 Elantra GLS). same as this one, with sunroof and it's silver instead. oh and it's a 5psd:

elantra.jpeg

and finally, the car i have been looking forward to for several years now (i think black, silver, or green will be my color choices) - the 2003-2004 RX-8:

rx8.jpeg

cheers!!

I didn't have a digital camera around so I used a stock phote off of my fathers portfolio section on the Mercedes-Benz USA website. It's a 2002 SL500 Roadster convertible. It's my fathers but he lets me drive it whenever he doesn't need to use it.

sl500roadster.jpg

"LIVING AT HOME" allows one to save that money. All I can say is that it must be nice having ZERO financial responsibility to buy a car.

yep its very easy to get money to buy a car when you live at home, you can save ALL the money you make except money taken out for taxes

Originally posted by Rage

1997-Black.jpg

This is my baby. 1997 Ford F-150 Lightning, the fastest stock truck that you can buy (381 HP stock). Plus I added the hood scoops for a turbo-charger and added another 44 HP. The next addition will be a nitrous kit. I can't wait.

Ummm.... They didnt make a 97 Ford Lightning. That model came out in 99:paranoid:

Jeeze people, you all have nice cars, Right now, I'm sharing my dad's Car (1999 suzuki esteem wagon) *for insurance purposes* and whn i get older, I'm planning on buying a Toyota Supra twin turbo, and ohh baby thats gonna be sweet :D

toyota_supra_56.jpg

Originally posted by Nestea_M@n

Jeeze people, you all have nice cars, Right now, I'm sharing my dad's Car (1999 suzuki esteem wagon) *for insurance purposes* and whn i get older, I'm planning on buying a Toyota Supra twin turbo, and ohh baby thats gonna be sweet :D

toyota_supra_56.jpg

buy the new superstreet mag, you'll **** your pants.

c438802a.jpg

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Engine : 2.0 litre 140hp 4-Speed Automatic w/Overdrive

Looks identical to the one in the picture, no aftermarket accessories or modifications, though I am going to get a little tint added to the windows shortly and am considering a sunroof. But for now, just pure 24 / 33 MPG goodness. ;)

Honestly, it's a great car, serves me well, would highly suggest it to anyone looking for a reasonable ($12,499 - $13,999) car that isn't some little econobox.

My only advice is get the GLS, the GT just lacks the looks and is more expensive for very little extra.

PS: havyn, nice to see a fellow Elantra owner here! ;) Your's has the sunroof, Factory or Aftermarket?

hummmm i see that you guys are also posting the cars of your parents, so i will post mines to...

here it is...

Volkswagen Jetta GLS, TDI w/Standard Turbo dat comes with TDI

MoonSoon Sound System w/8 Speakers and 1 SubWoofer

Mags are from Germany, very rare in America

jetta.gif

These mags look a lil bit like the ones that my dads ones... But the car is the same color... BLACK :p

and this will be the next car:

Mercedes-Benz ML Series

sorry i dont know any specifications...

04.mb.ml.500.jpg

note this is the 2005 version, he will change some volkswagen till the release of that version in 2005...

Originally posted by Celsyus

heh, and im sure you will find a supra TT that looks JUST like that picture.... :paranoid:

Never give up my friend, well, i'll see if i can recreate that car, or make my own designs, :D

Originally posted by Nestea_M@n

toyota_supra_56.jpg

Why would anyone do that to a car. That is just fugly imo.

Originally posted by bayrider

why are you gonna turbo charge it if the lightning is already supercharged??? and those hood scoops wont do much unless youre going like 120mph, you'd probably get better airflow through the massive grill on those trucks, but no matter what, thats one tight ass truck...

and wait till next year till the dodge Ram SRT-10 comes out with the 8.3L viper engine :) gonna be pusshing 500hp :)

I got rid of the supercharger because superchargers and NOS don't work too well together. Plus, I ran it on the DYNO before and after I put the turbocharger in and didn't lose any horsepower.

Originally posted by jonMEGA

Ummm.... They didnt make a 97 Ford Lightning. That model came out in 99:paranoid:

Lightnings have been around since before '97. A guy that lives down the road from me drives a '94 or '95 Lightning.

Originally posted by Geronimo

Why would anyone do that to a car. That is just fugly imo.

its an awsome preformance car, sure the design is somewhat bad, but when i get my supra, its gonna look different. :D