your ride - lets see it :)

Originally posted by Cara

PS: havyn, nice to see a fellow Elantra owner here! ;) Your's has the sunroof, Factory or Aftermarket?

Factory. Don't think I'll ever get an aftermarket sunroof, judging from the stories I have heard. Though it sucked that I had to get the stupid stereo upgrade - I already had a v. nice JVC to put in it :(

Great car though, fairly strong engine (esp. above 4000!!!) - and aleni has one too so it must be cool... :cool:

i tink everyones' seen my car, but What the hell?

MyCar2.jpg

OK!:

Saleen Ford Mustang '99

Street Glow (blue w/ inside glow)

NOS (4 mediem tanks under seat) w/ Intake system

16" After Market Rims:

http://www.slickcar.com/products/1999-cobra.jpg

10 CD Changer [w/ two 10" sony amps)

Infinti Sound sytem

XM Sadelite Radio

Tuner has built [in] Hardrive.

Manual (Stick) Trans.

I plan on:

Tinting the windows

installing a better NOS control system

-sMk

Originally posted by sMk

i tink everyones' seen my car, but What the hell?

MyCar2.jpg

OK!:

Saleen Ford Mustang '99

Street Glow (blue w/ inside glow)

NOS (4 mediem tanks under seat) w/ Intake system

16" After Market Rims:

http://www.slickcar.com/products/1999-cobra.jpg

10 CD Changer [w/ two 10" sony amps)

Infinti Sound sytem

XM Sadelite Radio

Tuner has built [in] Hardrive.

I plan on:

Tinting the windows

installing a better NOS control system

-sMk

Now did your parents charge that or did they pay cash? :devious:

Heh j/k :cheeky:

... and no one is talking transmission?

It leads to the probable conclusion that most of the cars posted in this thread are automatics:dead:

While it might make sense on a full size pickup, it ain't a performance car if it doesn't have a stick!

Oxymoron of the day: automatic trannie performance car.

As I always say: giving up my stick shift is like letting the girlfriend use the remote to the TV.:p

Originally posted by Opio

Now did your parents charge that or did they pay cash? :devious:

Heh j/k :cheeky:

neither, i paid cash! :pirate: :devious: j/k!

-sMk

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

... and no one is talking transmission?

It leads to the probable conclusion that most of the cars posted in this thread are automatics:dead:

While it might make sense on a full size pickup, it ain't a performance car if it doesn't have a stick!

Oxymoron of the day: automatic trannie performance car.

As I always say: giving up my stick shift is like letting the girlfriend use the remote to the TV.:p

actually I have an automatic and it can be shifted just like a stick basically, just drop it down into first gear and then shift it up when your ready. There is just no clutch. As soon as you push up on the shifter it shifts automatically to the next gear.

Originally posted by Brill

actually I have an automatic and it can be shifted just like a stick basically, just drop it down into first gear and then shift it up when your ready. There is just no clutch. As soon as you push up on the shifter it shifts automatically to the next gear.

Still not the same. The payoff on sticks is only slight in acceleration, it is huge in braking and cornering. Take the same car with an auto vs. a stick to any road course and you will literally be seconds quicker with the stick.

If it's performance ... you got to shift it yourself!

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Still not the same. The payoff on sticks is only slight in acceleration, it is huge in braking and cornering. Take the same car with an auto vs. a stick to any road course and you will literally be seconds quicker with the stick.

If it's performance ... you got to shift it yourself!

I agree with you JohnnyCanuck, stick for performance

Originally posted by Geronimo

My brother has some ricer friends. One kid has a spoiler and a wing added on the back. He cant see out the back of his car, and to open the trunk takes two or three people plus the use of a shovel to keep it open.

You're generalising a bit there, not all Japanese cars (or ricers as you call them) are like that. There are a lot imported into Australia and I've only seen a few with oversized spoilers. I have to say, for their price they offer superior performance to many other cars.

Originally posted by havyn

:o

here was my first ride....my grandma's car for grocery shop runs (Plymouth Sundance). mine was an '87 in sort of a bronze color, and had a huge dent in the roof that looked like 10 kids had sat on top of it. i swear it had less than 100hp, and would go 0-60 in 60 seconds with the AC on...:

sun.jpeg

next we have my current car (2001 Elantra GLS). same as this one, with sunroof and it's silver instead. oh and it's a 5psd:

elantra.jpeg

and finally, the car i have been looking forward to for several years now (i think black, silver, or green will be my color choices) - the 2003-2004 RX-8:

rx8.jpeg

cheers!!

My dad has two of the first year RX-7's. He is also thinking about getting an RX-8 so he can have the first year of that car too but he is a little short on the $$bling$$ :-D

lol, thats true, an automatic will never be a stick shift. It will never bee, Sure, those mercedes SLk compressors *dad's friend* has an automatic, its almost looks like a stickshift, but no clutch, and its awkward, plus, I like stickshift more, it just gives you more control over your vehical :D

i like stick better.. ok never tried it but i think it offers more power in your hands. Gives you that Yeah i'm in charge feeling i'm guessing. But for normal driving and stuff i think auto is the way to go.

iDRive.. wtf! lol :D

id never drive a sports car that wont let u warm up the tires, do some spinning or a break stand :) or rev the engine at the stop light without breaking the tranny "wanna race?. hold on, let me put it in drive"

Well here is mine

1984 Monte Carlo

Mods

-Cowl Induction Hood

-Dropped a V8 350 and removed the old V6 262

-B&M Mega Shifter

-Edelbrock Carb and manifold (Chrome)

-Flowmaster Exhausts

116583_1280_960.jpg

98 Camry LE hand-me-down from mom. No pics, just look out the window or drive around for 2 minutes, I guarentee you'll see one.

Sad part is, she's driving a nice Galant and I have the mommy-mobile...

I actually have an t-56 (stick) transmission (m6) in my z28, I agree, a performance car is just NOT the same without a stick. I love it, but I have put a lot of strain on my rear. In fact, I am probably taking it in to be worked on in a few weeks. But it was well worth all of the riced out civics and camry's that I have smacked down.

Its unfortunate that someone can be that ignorant to think that a sub -200 hp car will even stand a chance with a v8... oh well...

The best part is when they have their girl with them...

:evil:

Originally posted by stupid2register

I actually have an t-56 (stick) transmission (m6) in my z28, I agree, a performance car is just NOT the same without a stick. I love it, but I have put a lot of strain on my rear. In fact, I am probably taking it in to be worked on in a few weeks. But it was well worth all of the riced out civics and camry's that I have smacked down.

Its unfortunate that someone can be that ignorant to think that a sub -200 hp car will even stand a chance with a v8... oh well...

The best part is when they have their girl with them...

:evil:

the best part is when they lose they add more bondo body kits an japanese stickers everywhere and think they will stand a chance the next race :)

Here is the car that, barring any unforeseen consequences, I will have as soon as it is available in January. I'm #4 on the waiting list... I'm cr@pping my pants in anticipation...

evolution2.jpg

Originally posted by Dayle Rees

BMW Series 3. 1.6 Coupe.

Pretty blue :)

Insurance = Bitch

BMW.JPG

Nice another Beemer.

Here is mine.

'97 318is E36 with full house in Agean Blue. With Manual Transmission cause automatic is for people who can't drive or wear dresses.

Just noticed we have the same (hell of a job to keep clean) mags.... :)

post-14-1028154656.jpg

Originally posted by arpad

Here is the car that, barring any unforeseen consequences, I will have as soon as it is available in January. I'm #4 on the waiting list... I'm cr@pping my pants in anticipation...

evolution2.jpg

Wow. Do you know how much its going to sell for? When I went to the dealer he said that there is more than likely going to be a premium. Not sure if he was telling the truth or not, its easier to believe a compulsive liar than a carsalesman...

Almost all the cars on this thread are american or japanese, and yea i would love 300bhp but up here in Scotland where the roads are narrow and twisty you have to choose something that goes round corners better than it goes up motorways.....over the years i've had mainly small hot hatches.....No pictures but theres some avi's here www.dhendry.plus.com/Movies/ all of which are cars i've owned over the years taking some serious abuse!

Enjoy :cool: