Microsoft to Buy Opera

If this is true, then it has nothing to do with opera mobile or IE7, nor is opera any threat to IE's market share. This has everything to do with google. MS would buy it just so google can't have opera. :p

Hehe, although I think the bang from Google's billion dollar affair with AOL to stop MS banged louder in that case ;) AOL may not be a too great company per se though, but I don't doubt they have huge resources, and Google may be using them better, heh

I smell cow-poop :yes:

psst word on the street is that MS are buying the moon, as long as the man who lives there converts to WinXP. (just to remove Linux from Lunar operations)

Hehe, although I think the bang from Google's billion dollar affair with AOL to stop MS banged louder in that case

I'd look into that AOL and Google deal a little closer. Google is pretty much screwed by doing that. Google will now have flashy AOL ads all over the site which is known for being nice and clean. That's one reason why soo many people like Google. People are going to stop using Google when that happens.

Microsoft backing out in the last minutes and Google getting it could all have been planned by Microsoft so that Google screwed themselves over. All just my opinion on that of course.

I smell BS. If MS did this, it would be as good as holding up their hands and admitting they couldn't engineer a decent browser themselves.

Maybe this has something to do with not allowing google to aquire Opera.

I smell BS. If MS did this, it would be as good as holding up their hands and admitting they couldn't engineer a decent browser themselves.

I completely disagree with that... it tells Mozilla, in my opinion, that they're serious about making IE better and stopping them browser share at 7.55%.

They did engineer a good browser, but they stopped developing it back in 2001, if they had continued to work on it they would not be in this mess.

i kind of believe it, but only the part that it states that the major reason for purchasing the rights to Opera is because of the handheld market. If MS was to purchase opera i think they will gut the pc product and integreate its features to ie7 and obviously rebrand the hanheld product to stay the same way but with a MS look. I hope they didnt buy it tho, i just love my Opera, imo, there is nothing else like it, not firefox not IE6, not Maxthon. Opera is, for me, the best browser out right now...

And so Microsoft has been working so hard on IE 7...why?

This doesn't make sense, I smell BS.

exactly what i was thinking, they showed off with all this IE7 Crap and now they come up with this.. (N)

All I know is that they better not bolox it up, I just installed it like 5 mins ago and i'm loving it

It owns the shiny pants of firefox.

( FireFox user for a longtime )