Sony to Show off 82inch LCD at CES

It seems Panasonic is also showing their full HD 103inch Plasma panel at the CES.

That's one big cat.

Plasmas are a waste of time :) Not only are they worse than LCD at quality, they are unbelievably hard to fix, thats why companies don't guarantee them.

Plasmas are a waste of time :) Not only are they worse than LCD at quality, they are unbelievably hard to fix, thats why companies don't guarantee them.

Please don't start such nonsense. People only tend to know the exagerated rumors and nothing else.

People used to come into my shop asking us how they go about refilling the plasma's with gas once they run out :|

I then asked them if they'd been in Dixons first and the answer was usually yes.

Dixons = teh lame advice

People used to come into my shop asking us how they go about refilling the plasma's with gas once they run out :|

I then asked them if they'd been in Dixons first and the answer was usually yes.

Dixons = teh lame advice

Like I tell all my customers when we start talking about plasmas, "Everything you 'know' about plasma TV's, forget it".

Unfortunately, these LCDs don't look as big as I hoped. I have this fantasy that one day I will have a home cinema with the screen the size of a big cinema screen. I hope the resolution of home video goes high enough to allow for this one day.

bangbang, what do you think is the biggest feasible screen size for a home cinema these days?

Unfortunately, these LCDs don't look as big as I hoped. I have this fantasy that one day I will have a home cinema with the screen the size of a big cinema screen. I hope the resolution of home video goes high enough to allow for this one day.

bangbang, what do you think is the biggest feasible screen size for a home cinema these days?

60" is the real logical limit right now. There are larger screens, but 60" seems to be the plateau they seem to be leveling out at, a bit. Otherwise, get a front projector.