--- 2005-12-26: Version 1.3.1-beta (build 380)

- Feature: Show a message if some incompatible firewalls are loaded in memory.

- Feature: Boss key now hides the settings window too.

- Feature: Argument /MINIMIZED and ?Torrent starts up minimized (suitable for autostart)

- Change: Scrape. vs torrents in internal list are calculated a little bit differently in the main list

- Change: Swap the order of my requests / their requests in the Reqs column in the peers tab.

- Change: Connect a little bit more aggressively to peers.

- Fix: Better detection if BitComet clients threw away my requests.

- Fix: Bug with | characters in langfiles.

- Fix: Don't preallocate diskspace if using compact mode

- Fix: !ut suffix was added if preallocating.

http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

thanks to acedriver:DD

Edited by IAmME

This client really is my favourite client at the moment. Used to be bitcomet but really what could actually get better in uTorrent, its so good!

Still can't believe how little resources this requires.

That's what happens when you write your own code in a low-level language and don't include unneccesary crap.

Unfortunately, for larger projects, it's hard to do that. For something like a torrent client, it isn't as much work.

is this program updated everyday :p anyways good to hear thanks for the news

that it does. it's filling up the back page news section :p

Dec 10 ?Torrent 1.3 Released

Nov 25 ?Torrent 1.2.2 Released

Nov 23 ?Torrent 1.2.1 Released

Nov 13 A better FAQ has been created

Nov 09 ?Torrent 1.2 Released

Oct 22 ?Torrent 1.1.7.2 Released

Oct 17 ?Torrent 1.1.6 Released

Oct 15 ?Torrent 1.1.5 Released

Oct 10 ?Torrent 1.1.4 Released

That's what happens when you write your own code in a low-level language and don't include unneccesary crap.

Unfortunately, for larger projects, it's hard to do that. For something like a torrent client, it isn't as much work.

imagine if it was programmed in C instead of c++, now that would be even more awesome but even harder to do :|

i just can't help to notice utorrent growing in size each additional version :p I guess that can't be helped. It's all good i guess.

imagine if it was programmed in C instead of c++, now that would be even more awesome but even harder to do :|

i just can't help to notice utorrent growing in size each additional version :p I guess that can't be helped. It's all good i guess.

Do you expect it to shrink in size as things are added? Who cares if it grows in size? It will never reach a mb, which no other client can claim.

Do you expect it to shrink in size as things are added? Who cares if it grows in size? It will never reach a mb, which no other client can claim.

I don't think I ever said that it was a concern for utorrent to be growing in size. Every program grows in size with each version and its only natural.

I guess utorrent will probably never exceed 1mb if not 500kb, but at the rate its growing at the moment it leads one to question when it will stop.

build 378 now out: http://www.7utorrent.com/download/beta/uto...a-build-378.exe

this is still in beta, not an official release!

Edit: Meant 378

- Fix: Don't preallocate diskspace if using compact mode

- Fix: !ut suffix was added if preallocating.

- Feature: Argument /MINIMIZED and ?Torrent starts up minimized (suitable for autostart)

- Fix: Be a little more resistent against invalid langfiles

- Change: Removed santa

Actually I think he removed the CRT, so doing it in C instead of C++ probably wouldn't make any difference.

A personal project I'm working on is in C++, but barely uses any C++-only features and also removes the CRT. It is at about 174kb compiled already (includes only a few icons) with 25,000 lines of code. So I can only imagine how lean this guys code is already.