Canon Powershot A520

Well, Christmas has come and gone, And I got a Canon Powershot A520 because my old dinosaur of a camera (Sony Mavica FD-81...Yeah, laugh it up) finally died on me. Obiously, they have come a long way since the Sony barley broke the 1 megapixel barrier. And I guess my question would be..

- Have you owned any similar cameras to this one? (Powershot A510, 520, or 610?)

- Any problems or faults?

- I dabble in photography, and is this more than just a point and shoot? I don't demand a Rebel EOS, but since it contains several shooting modes, adjustable ISO/Shutter/Fstop speeds and or settings good enough for something more than just Myspace pictures or something to that effect.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

I have the A510. Love it With the manual settings you can do pretty much anything you want. just NEVER use ISO 400 because pics turn out like crap (unfortunetly I did at a one of a time event and i regret it) you can always lighten pictures up in photoshop later.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...=317543&hl=a510

my personal review. I only went DSLR because i wanted quicker response for all the sports I shoot