Getting a GameCube ?!

Well, I just picked up a Gamecube for myself this Christmas. I got the Mario Party 7 bundle. I also had Metroid Prime and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker plus the Zelda preorder bonus disc (had those for a few years :p ). I've ordered Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike. Probably going to pick up SSBM today. These, from what I've experienced, are all solid, must-have games for the Gamecube.

instead of getting a gamecube why not wait for the Nintendo Revolution witch has GC backwards play so it should be great also if that enw system when they relase it is gonna be $150 whata Deal for alaunch nintendo system

instead of getting a gamecube why not wait for the Nintendo Revolution witch has GC backwards play so it should be great also if that enw system when they relase it is gonna be $150 whata Deal for alaunch nintendo system

Because he obviously wants to enjoy the Gamecube games now, as opposed to waiting another year to get a system that may or maynot be sold out.

Because he obviously wants to enjoy the Gamecube games now, as opposed to waiting another year to get a system that may or maynot be sold out.

NR system from nintendo has a relase date befor summer 06 or so they have siad and i think that is the case so he wouldant be waiting that long

i loved my gamecube- still got it waiting for the new Zelda, but i would recommend Eternal Darkness it was a suprisingly good game!

the new Zelda i think will be going to the Nr system now but i cant be to sure

Just to clear out the Revolution "issue".I don't wanna wait for the Revolution.When the Revolution comes out I will try to buy it awell.The GameCube also has a collection value for me as I own all of Nintendo's previous consoles (NES/SNES/N64).

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.I now have a nice list of games to start with, thanks to you guys.

One more question I do have though.How does the GaeCube controller feel when playing games ? Compared to let's say the PS2 controller, if you can compare those two at all.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness (yeah, the reviews wernt great.. but im enjoying it despite the fact its pokemon)

Pikmin 2

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Bongo game.. fun, but gets kinda hard towards the end)

Paper Mario was wicked ;D

Just to clear out the Revolution "issue".I don't wanna wait for the Revolution.When the Revolution comes out I will try to buy it awell.The GameCube also has a collection value for me as I own all of Nintendo's previous consoles (NES/SNES/N64).

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.I now have a nice list of games to start with, thanks to you guys.

One more question I do have though.How does the GaeCube controller feel when playing games ? Compared to let's say the PS2 controller, if you can compare those two at all.

The gamecube controller fits more comfortably in your hands than any controller except for maybe the xbox 360, in my opinion. It's no good for 2d fighters cause the dpad is too small though. The majority of games on gamecube take advantage of the controller and its awesome (Y)

also one of the cool things is the shoulder buttons are analog and also have a click at the end that has its own function, kinda hard to explain but you will know what I mean when you use one

The gamecube controller fits more comfortably in your hands than any controller except for maybe the xbox 360, in my opinion. It's no good for 2d fighters cause the dpad is too small though. The majority of games on gamecube take advantage of the controller and its awesome (Y)

also one of the cool things is the shoulder buttons are analog and also have a click at the end that has its own function, kinda hard to explain but you will know what I mean when you use one

Thanks macro.I didn't know the shoulder buttons have two functions, that sounds cool.

For my 2D fighting needs I have my PC, with SNES & NeoGeo roms, and my PS2-like analog controller.

Nice thread! Helps me a lot ;)

Yeah, I find the D-pad nearly useless because of its size. I was playing the Sonic collection today and kept switching back to the analog stick unconciously because the D-pad was so tiny. It's a pain, because using the analog makes it very hard to do the super spin thing.

Only thing I disliked is the annoying start up thing, Mehhhh! Otherwise it's really nice when you bundle the Wavebirds with a game like RE4. It feels like next-gen. :D Wavebirds feel cooler when you use them on a bigscreen tv that's far from a couch or something.

Sonic Heroes is a good looking, fun game. Try that one also.

If anyone wants to share their expirience(s) with Nintendo's GameCube, please do so.

What do you like or dislike abou the GameCube ?

Gamecube has been awesome, its probably the best party console I've ever had. It doesnt really have a lot of good third party games, so you end up waiting for Nintendo's next game for months at a time. But I get hours and hours of entertainment playing games like Mario Kart (Especially 8 player LAN games), Super Smash Brothers, Mario Party, Super Mario Strikers, Donkey Konga, and some others that I cant think of specifically right now.

It does offer some fun single player experiences as well... the Metroid Prime series, Ikaruga was ported to it, Mario Sunshine was fun, Paper Mario was a surprisingly good RPG, Resident Evil 4 of course, Wind Waker.

Overall I'm happy with it, gamecubes are always present when I get together with my friends. Unfortunately, it doesn't really have a huge library of good games... but I'm happy with what I got.

Only thing I disliked is the annoying start up thing, Mehhhh! Otherwise it's really nice when you bundle the Wavebirds with a game like RE4. It feels like next-gen. :D Wavebirds feel cooler when you use them on a bigscreen tv that's far from a couch or something.

What's the "annoying start up thing" ? :huh: Wavebirds are wireless GC controllers ?

Gamecube has been awesome, its probably the best party console I've ever had. It doesnt really have a lot of good third party games, so you end up waiting for Nintendo's next game for months at a time.

I'm perfectly fine with that.

Pick up some wavebirds. Its the only controller you will ever need for the GC.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Tales of Symphonia

I would go with the zelda games and metroid prime and metroid prime echos... I'm waitting for the next zelda game to come out before i go out and buy myself a GameCube.. I'm also hopping that Final Fantasy games will come back out for nintendo. Since they are one of my favs rpg games.

Pick up some wavebirds. Its the only controller you will ever need for the GC.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Tales of Symphonia

I think there's no need for me to "waste" money on a Wavebird because my room is not that big (16 square-meters) and my couch is near the TV.Besides, I don't like wireless peripherials.I like the cord comming out of the controller. :yes:

Are those two games turn-based RPGs ?

Neither one is turn based rpg. Tales of Symphonia is real time and Fire Emblem is a srpg. Both of them are good games. Tales of Symphonia reminds me of Star Ocean 3. If you are used to turn based, then Fire Emblem will give you some headaches.