Getting a GameCube ?!

Neither one is turn based rpg. Tales of Symphonia is real time and Fire Emblem is a srpg. Both of them are good games. Tales of Symphonia reminds me of Star Ocean 3. If you are used to turn based, then Fire Emblem will give you some headaches.

No, no.You got me wrong.

I hate turn-based RPGs, so it's great that both of them aren't.

So, real-time means they are like Zelda on N64 ?

And what's SRPG exactly ?

Btw, I'll have to wait 'till the end of this month for my salary to be able to buy a GameCube.

Do you think it's wise to buy a used (in good condition) GameCube on ebay ?

That way I could afford a GameCube with 2 controllers, a memory card and maybe a game.

What's the "annoying start up thing" ? :huh:

I'll have to wait 'till the end of this month for my salary to be able to buy a GameCube.

That way I could afford a GameCube with 2 controllers, a memory card and maybe a game.

Would be nice if someone could answer those questions.

Would be nice if someone could answer those questions.

What's the "annoying start up thing" ? :huh:

Not annoying to me. Maybe some people expected an orgasm when turning on the machine.

Why not?

Not annoying to me. Maybe some people expected an orgasm when turning on the machine.

:laugh:

Does the BIOS have any usefull features like the PS2 ?

Why not?

Maybe the older GameCubes have issues, so I'd want to be aware of that.

I like the way the GameCube starts up. The logo spins and it lands in the centre and makes that pleasing sound. While the logo spins you can move around your analog stick and change the settings.

i've yet to run into a friend who has issues with his gamecube, even one of my friends who doesn't take care of his stuff still got his gamecube from the christmas they were released.

gamecube is built tough.

Well, I'm one of those that don't particularly like the BIOS sound. It's the only thing I found childish about it. But whoever dismissess the console because of it, must have big issues, so, it shouldn't be a problem.

The older GCN models are actually better in one aspect, and is that they have the digital video out, for progressive scan games. Plus, the console is very durable, I have a first generation model, and it has been dropped a couple of times, collected dust, etc, and it still works like new.

The BIOS doesn't have anything particularly usefull, other than changing time, managing memory cards, and loading the game.

Not really, but close. [in Tales of Symphonia] you meet an enemy, and the view changes to battle mode. You choose one enemy, and then you can move freely and cast stuff in a straight line between you and that enemy. If you choose another one, the line changes. All other party memebers move freely and automatically, and you can command them to cast or do suff.

I've been pondering whether to get a gamecube for a while but chose the PS2 instead.

Just looked at that guide, there a lot of great games there. Really want one now, and Twilight Princess is coming too :D

I have a launch-day unit, never had an issue with it. I've never even heard of issues with them. Plus, you get the progressive scan output on the priginals.

Thanks again guys for your help.

I looked through this thread again and have written down all games that were suggested.

Thus far we have:

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Super Mario Sunshine

Sonic Adventure 2

Metroid Prime 1

Metroid Prime 2

Viewtifull Joe

Mario kart: Double Dash

Killer 7

SSX On tour

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 0 (Zero)

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

SoulCalibur 2

Donkey Konga

Mario Power Tennis

Mario Party

Timesplitter: Future Perfect

Super Monkey Ball

F-Zero GX

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Prince of Persia: The two Thrones

Geist

Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door

Super Mario Strikers

Metal Gear Solid

Extreme G 3

Timesplitters

Pikmin 2

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Mario Party 7

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Rouge Squadron II

Ikaruga

Tales of Symphonia

Fire Emble

Baten Kaitos

007: Agent Under Fire

007: Nightfire

007: Everything or Nothing

If you want to add more games or want to comment on these games, please do so.

No worries about reliability. I've seen them hit with hammers, dropped off buildings and even dragged behind trucks for miles and they still worked fine.

WOW ! :blink: Where did you see that ?

Beyond Good and Evil

screens-50gcngames-18.jpg

That is if you can find it..so rare.

If I can't find it for the GC I'll get it for PC.I wanted to get that game since last summer but always forggot about it :pinch:

WOW ! blink.gif Where did you see that ?

G4, Morgan Webb beat the crap out of three consoles (PS2, Xbox and GC) and at the end the Gamecube was the only one that survived to the end. The Xbox probably would have also if the faceplate hadn't popped off along with the power button to turn it on. The PS2 died immediately, no surprise there though. :laugh:

I can't remember where I saw the other video. Basically it was a bunch of stupid kids trying to destroy their gamecube because they hated Nintendo. Their first attempt failed (dragging it down the road tied to a rope behind their truck, bouncing off the pavement, hitting trees, etc). It started right up after that and even played Super Mario Sunshine. They finally smashed it to pieces with a hammer and set it on fire; did I mention these guys were idiots?

G4, Morgan Webb beat the crap out of three consoles (PS2, Xbox and GC) and at the end the Gamecube was the only one that survived to the end. The Xbox probably would have also if the faceplate hadn't popped off along with the power button to turn it on. The PS2 died immediately, no surprise there though. :laugh:

I can't remember where I saw the other video. Basically it was a bunch of stupid kids trying to destroy their gamecube because they hated Nintendo. Their first attempt failed (dragging it down the road tied to a rope behind their truck, bouncing off the pavement, hitting trees, etc). It started right up after that and even played Super Mario Sunshine. They finally smashed it to pieces with a hammer and set it on fire; did I mention these guys were idiots?

Sounds crazy.I googled but couldn't find any videos of it.Would be awesome if you could gimme a link.

On topic:

I searched for GameCube consoles on ebay and most of the sellers that sell the GC with 2 controllers and memory card(s) include third party hardware (mostly "Speed Link") instead of original Nintendo hardware.

Are those third party accessories good or even better than Nintendo's ?

Do they have a Golden Eye type game for GameCube?

Like the N64 one that was multiplayer. Man, that came was awesome multiplayer.

I rather enjoyed Time Splitters 2 on the gamecube. reminded me much of goldeneye which i still have on n64. But for sure go with Metroid Prime and also pick up Harvest moon and Animal Crossing. Those 2 games are the only reason i kept my cube after buying an xbox :D

Sounds crazy.I googled but couldn't find any videos of it.Would be awesome if you could gimme a link.

On topic:

I searched for GameCube consoles on ebay and most of the sellers that sell the GC with 2 controllers and memory card(s) include third party hardware (mostly "Speed Link") instead of original Nintendo hardware.

Are those third party accessories good or even better than Nintendo's ?

Here and here you can find both videos, respectively.

No, third parties aren't better than Nintendo, though they may still be usable.

EDIT: In case the links don't work, pm me and I'll send them to you.

Edited by nav_uno

I've just kind of re-discovered Nintendo with my recent puchase of a DS. My local Wallmart has the Gamecube for $70. I think I'll pick one up in the next week or so. The games are just so much more fun than Xbox and PS2.