Getting a GameCube ?!

I'd go with Nintendo memory cards. I ignored that advice and my son's memory card got corrupted and couldn't be repaired. This was less than a month after we bought the 'cube. And no, the system wasn't turned off while saving or anything like that. I wish I could remember what company it was to give you guys a heads-up.

Oh yeah, I saw Beyond Good & Evil in a bargain bin yesterday and went ahead and picked it up. I haven't tried it yet, but the way you guys were hyping it up I had to get it. :) I have a question, though: It has a 'T' rating, but is it really that bad where a pre-teen shouldn't play it? I didn't really buy it for him, but if it's just basic animated violence then I don't mind him playing, too.

I'd go with Nintendo memory cards. I ignored that advice and my son's memory card got corrupted and couldn't be repaired. This was less than a month after we bought the 'cube. And no, the system wasn't turned off while saving or anything like that. I wish I could remember what company it was to give you guys a heads-up.

Oh yeah, I saw Beyond Good & Evil in a bargain bin yesterday and went ahead and picked it up. I haven't tried it yet, but the way you guys were hyping it up I had to get it. :) I have a question, though: It has a 'T' rating, but is it really that bad where a pre-teen shouldn't play it? I didn't really buy it for him, but if it's just basic animated violence then I don't mind him playing, too.

It's definitely a great game. From what I've played so far, the animated violence is nothing to be worried about. I think it may have the teen rating due to the deep storyline (simply because it may be too deep for the youngins to grasp). Been working on my thesis for the last two weeks, so I've barely had any time to play.

On another note, you all should try out Super Mario Strikers. It's the Smash Bros. of all soccer games. Lots of insane fun to play, especially if you have small group of friends :D

Note: Ive not read ANY of this thread, so sorry if i'm a bit late with anything. :p

.. Gamecubes can be bought for like ?30 over here. So it wont break the bank.

I'd get Metroid Prime, but not Metroid Prime 2. Both can be bought for less than ?10 each, but the first one is miles better.

Theres also Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero.

Dont get Resi 2 and 3. They're pretty much the same as the old ones, not fun.

Super Mario Sunshine is alright, but its no Mario 64. You'll get bored after about a week.

Theres also Luigis Mansion, which you can get for about ?3 over here.

Oh, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes too. Thats a must. I love that game, brilliant remake.

Its all very inexpensive.

It's definitely a great game. From what I've played so far, the animated violence is nothing to be worried about. I think it may have the teen rating due to the deep storyline (simply because it may be too deep for the youngins to grasp).

Ha, that'll probably mean that I won't be able to step out of the room because he's asking so many questions about the game. :rofl:

sorry to hear your loss mate, very nice of KeR to help you though :)...

im hopefully getting my gamecube in a couple days with : Resident evil Zero, Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure 2. :) its a trade for my nintendo DS lol.. im not a handheld person :D

we can both be NEW to gamecube lol.

?3?! I saw it saturday in gamestation for ?16.99..

Arg! Check local, privatley owned stores!

Gamestop have this retarded "The gamecube isnt worth anything because they're phasing it out" bull. I wanted to trade like 15 games in there and it all came to like ?10. Complete.. and utter.. .. hum. >.>

Maybe they'll be cheap in there.

GAME, on the other hand. Bought them for ?60!

The cheek. I've never been back to gamestop since.

Arg! Check local, privatley owned stores!

Gamestop have this retarded "The gamecube isnt worth anything because they're phasing it out" bull. I wanted to trade like 15 games in there and it all came to like ?10. Complete.. and utter.. .. hum. >.>

Maybe they'll be cheap in there.

GAME, on the other hand. Bought them for ?60!

The cheek. I've never been back to gamestop since.

Gamestop? Or did you mean gamestation, i didnt relise there was gamestop in the UK?

I've always found gamestation to give pretty decent trade in prices, but that was back when i was trading in xbox games every other week. I took forza into Game one week and they wouldnt give me money for it cos their computer thing didnt reconise it or something, which i didnt understan:s:s

Thing is.. the only shops near me are Game (previously electronics boutique, that was YEARS ago though), Gamestation, and e-play (AKA Games exhange, pink planet) atleast i think theyre all the same, all i know is that over the years the name has changed from games exchange to pink planet and then to e-play.

But it just seems, like with N64 games, the best games they charge a load for ie pikmin 2, resident evil 4, animal crossing, theyre all still like ?26.99-?29.99 second hand, and thats if you even see them. I do usually turn to ebay for buying games though, but sometimes you can be lucky, for example i got eternal darkness, zelda collectors edition, XIII, and rogue squadron II in a 4 for ?20 deal, which seemed decent cos zelda seems to go for around ?15 on ebay.

The stock of cube games in shops now is just going down and down, well in Bath anyway.. i dunno about anywhere else, gamestation have two rows, e-play have 2 verticle rows.. infact i dont think its even that, i'd say about 20 games max, mainly crappy ones, and Game dont even have any anymore.

But again, like with the N64, despite the lack of stock, they still feel they can charge a stupid amount for them, despite their age. Oh i've just remembered Gamestation have a couple of shelves with new games on, which are ?34.99 (Still far too much)

Hmm i think i've said most of this before lol oh well, seems i've typed too much as:whistle:histle:

^^^^

I remember seeing a used SoTN, which was not at all in mint condition, selling for over $40 at a Gamestop about 2 years ago. That's just robbery. It was a greatest hits version too. They're just price gouging :D.

Yeah I meant gamestop. >.> SOrry, I shouldve made it clear I didnt mean gamestation.

They do have stores in the UK. :p

PAL games run at 50Hz so they'll look very poor on an NTSC system and won't run properly if at all. They'll be in black and white, have black bars, run too slow, etc. Some PAL games have an option to run at 60Hz, but not all. If the game only runs at 50Hz an RGB cable won't help; you'd need a VGA cable and computer monitor.

If I were getting one, I'd get a Panasonic Q instead. They are more expensive but they can play DVD's and foreign games out of the box, plus they look a lot cooler. :)

PAL games run at 50Hz so they'll look very poor on an NTSC system and won't run properly if at all. They'll be in black and white, have black bars, run too slow, etc. Some PAL games have an option to run at 60Hz, but not all. If the game only runs at 50Hz an RGB cable won't help; you'd need a VGA cable and computer monitor.

I was talking about NTSC games on a PAL system !

Would I need a RGB cable to play NTSC games on a PAL GameCube (using FreeLoader disc) ?

I've heard that with the normal cable you get bad picture quality.

itll probably be fine, the only thing that could possibly happen is the image being in black and white, as for image quality, i doubt itll differ.

there's a soft mod called freeloader which makes your gamecube region free.

I mentioned it earlier in a post.

itll probably be fine, the only thing that could possibly happen is the image being in black and white, as for image quality, i doubt itll differ.

That happens if you use Freeloader to play PAL game on a US NTSC console.

What I'm going to do is, use Freeloader to play NTSC games on a PAL console.

http://www.ntsc-uk.com/tech.php?tech=FreeloaderGuide