Acquiring Network Address

I've read countless threads and posts on this, and pretty much all of them are on SP2 and wireless internet. I'm on SP2, but my internet isn't wireless. I got new motherboard yesterday, a Asus K8N-E Deluxe, and I don't remember the problem at first, now it keeps popping up everytime Windows loads.

It will stay there for about 5 minutes and it will either work or give me the Window's default IP. Usually I have to either change a property in the network settings (untick or retick file and printer sharing, or whatever), or try to repair the connection. There is nothing wrong with the router, or modem as I can connect with zero problems with my other computers. I'm not running any firewalls, or anything that would effect my connection in any way. Trying to run ipconfig /renew will return an error.

Also even when I can get connected, the "Sent Packets" is always zero and won't move. Thanks in advance for any help.

I've read countless threads and posts on this, and pretty much all of them are on SP2 and wireless internet. I'm on SP2, but my internet isn't wireless. I got new motherboard yesterday, a Asus K8N-E Deluxe, and I don't remember the problem at first, now it keeps popping up everytime Windows loads.

It will stay there for about 5 minutes and it will either work or give me the Window's default IP. Usually I have to either change a property in the network settings (untick or retick file and printer sharing, or whatever), or try to repair the connection. There is nothing wrong with the router, or modem as I can connect with zero problems with my other computers. I'm not running any firewalls, or anything that would effect my connection in any way. Trying to run ipconfig /renew will return an error.

Also even when I can get connected, the "Sent Packets" is always zero and won't move. Thanks in advance for any help.

so, can you eventually get it to work or will it never assign an address? you might try a new patch cable/different port on the switch.

I know this isnt realy sorting your problem but in a way it is. Cant you just manually set the IP address then it doesnt have the hastle of aquiring an IP address everytime Windows Starts.

I can now, although it wasn't working before. But even still the "Sent Packets" still won't go up from zero. While it doesn't seem to be affecting my connection yet, I'm not sure if I should be worried about it.