• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

"special" side view mirrors

kombolcha    11

i have regular side view mirrors like most of you here.. but i need to change mine and i need some advice or something..

if any of you have noticed, car like BMW and Mercedes side view mirrors are a little different.. they don't allow glare of headlights from cars behind you or the sun..

i'm guessing they're specially tinted.. if so, what kind of tint is it? i want to buy some if i can and tint them to get rid of glare and so i can easily make out what kind of car is behind me.. i usually have to duck and stuff just to try and see if there are sirens on top of the car thats behind me :p

AquaFX    0

i have regular side view mirrors like most of you here.. but i need to change mine and i need some advice or something..

if any of you have noticed, car like BMW and Mercedes side view mirrors are a little different.. they don't allow glare of headlights from cars behind you or the sun..

i'm guessing they're specially tinted.. if so, what kind of tint is it? i want to buy some if i can and tint them to get rid of glare and so i can easily make out what kind of car is behind me.. i usually have to duck and stuff just to try and see if there are sirens on top of the car thats behind me :p

Well actually on my 3000GT i gotta hit a switch and it turns on anti glare and also turns on defogging for my rear view mirrors and side view mirrors so i think they are actually built in, have to be wired. Sorry if i'm not alot of help...

S550    86

I do think you can buy an anti-glair spray.

kombolcha    11

Well actually on my 3000GT i gotta hit a switch and it turns on anti glare and also turns on defogging for my rear view mirrors and side view mirrors so i think they are actually built in, have to be wired. Sorry if i'm not alot of help...

lol.. ya, you have one of those fancy cars :p

if the spray exists.. i'm won't be a fan of that unless its like a one time spray forever thing :/

bdsams    365

anti-glare spray? i dont think so...but they do have an anti-fog spray but you must apply it each time

Nose Nuggets    0

anti glare spray? what?

Doolop    0

oh that automaticly turns on on my Mclaren F1...

Fantmx    0

How do you have your mirrors adjusted? If you can't tell what kind of vehicle is behind you by looking in your side or rear view mirrors you must not have them adjusted properly. Plus, most of the new police cars have the lightbars in the back windows anyway.

Pilsbury    0

On Mercedes and BMW, the mirrors tint using LCD. There is a light sensor on the front and one on the back. When there is a huge difference in brightness, the mirror powers the LCD and that dims the mirror.

Even the 1 series has it now on the rear view mirror.

On the original anti-glare mirrors on BMW's, the mirror physically moved.

On Mercedes and BMW, the mirrors tint using LCD. There is a light sensor on the front and one on the back. When there is a huge difference in brightness, the mirror powers the LCD and that dims the mirror.

Even the 1 series has it now on the rear view mirror.

On the original anti-glare mirrors on BMW's, the mirror physically moved.

W1cked-J    0

I am guessing you mean something like these... Mirrors

kombolcha    11

yep.. i'll just look for blue anti-glare tint film from pep boys or something...