Your SAT Scores

SAT Scores  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What's your highest SAT composite score (reading/math; 1600 pt. system)

• Below 800
    • 800-890
    • 900-999
    • 1000-1090
    • 1100-1190
    • 1200-1290
    • 1300-1390
    • 1400-1490
    • 1500-1590

1320 the first try, 1380 the 2nd try. Last time I took it was right before they switched to the 2400 point system. I took it 11/04, and they switched at the beginning of 2005 (March might've been the first one).

Math only goes up to 800. ;)

wow...That would'ce been embarresing if I wasn't sitting on my computer thousands of miles away from you guys!

I know very little about the SATs...except for the average marks, which i aparently mixed up, and the range of points.

In the UK, we also have SATs, but they're a bit different. For my year 9 SATs (13-14 year olds), I got:

Maths: 8

Science: 7

English: 6

Since I have no clue what the equates to on this American system, I'll assume its 1600.

wow...That would'ce been embarresing if I wasn't sitting on my computer thousands of miles away from you guys!

I know very little about the SATs...except for the average marks, which i aparently mixed up, and the range of points.

The average score on the old SATs was about a 1050. Not sure what it is on the new SATs. The new SATs added a writing skills section with an essay included because of a gender bias lawsuit that claimed the SATs were biased against women. So now it's out of 2400 (800 for verbal, 800 for math, 800 for writing skills).

Also, on the old one, the minimum score was a 400. They capped the score for each section at 200, so even if you got everyone wrong, you'd still get a 200 on math and verbal, and a 400 overall.

It used to be a trick to see if you could get a 0. Getting a 0 was very respected, because it was very difficult.

Also, either some people are lying, or they took the SATs out of 2400. 1600s are extremely rare, and I'd be surprised if we had 5 people on the entire forum who have taken the old SATs and gotten a 1600.

Only have unoffical scores since I have only taken practice tests based on previous SAT tests. This was when I was considering going to the US to study for post-secondary education. Mine were consistantly 1450-1520. Then again this was awhile ago, right around '97 so I'm sure things have changed quite abit since then.

I took it once without any preparation... A bunch of my friends bought those stupid books and did a lot of studying to improve their scores. When I took it, it was out of 1600, and I got a flat 1200.

... Where did 1600 come from? Thought it was 2400..

If you read my earlier post, you'd know they changed the system at the beginning of 2005. Previously, there were only 2 sections (math and verbal). Writing skills is the female section.

The writing section is really rather useless though.

Most colleges this year won't be taking it into consideration.

Its 1/3 of the score.. so it can't be useless that way... :p

The average score on the old SATs was about a 1050. Not sure what it is on the new SATs. The new SATs added a writing skills section with an essay included because of a gender bias lawsuit that claimed the SATs were biased against women. So now it's out of 2400 (800 for verbal, 800 for math, 800 for writing skills).

Also, on the old one, the minimum score was a 400. They capped the score for each section at 200, so even if you got everyone wrong, you'd still get a 200 on math and verbal, and a 400 overall.

It used to be a trick to see if you could get a 0. Getting a 0 was very respected, because it was very difficult.

Also, either some people are lying, or they took the SATs out of 2400. 1600s are extremely rare, and I'd be surprised if we had 5 people on the entire forum who have taken the old SATs and gotten a 1600.

I just happened to run across a thread on iMDB a week or so ago. Anyway, people were giving numbers like "I got 1600 in Math and 1100". I simply assumed that was the average...In any case, I'm not considering taking the SATs. They're supposidly easier by the standards of A Level IGCSE exams and an American Diploma in Egypt can only get you so far since its not endorsed by a known university....unlike the IGCSE which is endorsed by Cambridge.

I just happened to run across a thread on iMDB a week or so ago. Anyway, people were giving numbers like "I got 1600 in Math and 1100". I simply assumed that was the average...In any case, I'm not considering taking the SATs. They're supposidly easier by the standards of A Level IGCSE exams and an American Diploma in Egypt can only get you so far since its not endorsed by a known university....unlike the IGCSE which is endorsed by Cambridge.

Maybe they got 1600 on the new SATs. That's probably around average or something.

If anyone is saying they got a 1600 on math, they're morons and obviously never learned basic mathematics.

After taking it 4 times, I ended up with a 1420!

I'm glad I didn't have to take the new SAT, it is longer and more difficult, the essay section accounts for around 800 more points.

After taking it 4 times, I ended up with a 1420!

I'm glad I didn't have to take the new SAT, it is longer and more difficult, the essay section accounts for around 800 more points.

It's a writing skills section, and the essay is only part of it. It is worth 800 points like math and verbal, but there's a lot more to it than the short essay. Problem with the essay is that grading essays is very subjective.

December test arrangement:

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testin...highlights.html

Also

http://www.wilton.k12.ct.us/whs/gui/events.php

A new SAT I will be administered for the first time in March 2005 affecting the class of 2006. The upcoming changes that are being made include:

The former SAT Verbal Exam will become the SAT Critical Reading Exam. This test will no longer include analogies. Instead, short reading sections will be added to existing long reading passages.

A new section called the SAT Writing Exam will be added. This section will contain multiple-choice grammar questions as well as a written essay. Colleges using the SAT II:Writing Test will be consulted about the need to continue the test after writing is added to the SAT I. No decision has been made yet.

The SAT Math Exam will be expanded to cover three years of high school math. Instead of just covering concepts from Geometry and Algebra I, the new SAT Math Exam will contain concepts from Geometry, Algebra I and Algebra II.

A new PSAT was administered for the first time in the fall of 2004. The changes to the PSAT/NMSQT paralleled some of the changes to the SAT I. However, there is no essay. The new PSAT will be based on the principle of aligning the test more closely to high school curricula and college skills. Analogies and quantitative comparison items are removed. The math content does not change.

In brief:

SAT Exam Revisions for 2005

A New Essay Section

The College Board is adding an entirely new section to the SAT. The third section will include a timed 25 minute essay and multiple choice questions on grammar. As a result of this new section, the highest possible test score in 2005 will increase from 1600 to 2400.

Changes to the Math Section

The quantitative comparisons section will be eliminated from the SAT. Additionally, some questions that cover advanced algebra and trigonometry will be added to this section.

Changes to the Verbal/Critical Reading Section

The verbal section will be renamed the "critical reading" section. The analogies question will be dropped and shorter reading passages will supplement the longer reading passages found in the current test format.

Time Limit

The SAT will become a three and a half hour exam in 2005. (It is currently a 3 hour exam.)

when i took it 2 years ago in 7th grade(i was one of the smart students that got a chance to take it) i got a 950 i think. considering i was only in 7th grade an i had not even taken algebra yet, i think that is pretty good.