Village idiots beat 5 'witches' to death

Originally posted by twist

well actually if you'd learn to read you'd realize that that post was directed at religion in general. and not just the bull**** one your truying so hard to defend for some reason. its nothing more then a flavour of the month. religion is going the way of the white buffalo.

4nd n0 u dun't h4ve to sp33l everything out for me.

i wouldn't want to tax your 3rd grade intellect to much, and if your gonna tell me what something means hurry up cause your are just spewing bs. but since religions have no basis in reality and are completely bs thats rather fitting isn't it.

maybe u should learn to read because i didnt say that it wasnt directed at religion. however, you did comment at one in particular at one time and that was what we were arguing about.

sigh

and now i have to remind you of what you were talking about

Ladies and Gents, We have our witch. Burn her and burn her good.

Untill a "witch" can make me float on air or fly through the sky then they dont exsist. Plain and simple. Proof is in the pudding.

Originally posted by NOS482

I see that you don't exactly know what a witch is. Do you?

You should look for a book called "A True History of Witchcraft" by Allen Greenfield.

Originally posted by atomoverride

Ladies and Gents, We have our witch. Burn her and burn her good.

Untill a "witch" can make me float on air or fly through the sky then they dont exsist. Plain and simple. Proof is in the pudding.

your thinking of what they show in movies.

'witchcraft' is studied today. there is a such thing as a which today, but they dont fly on brooms and have powers like you would see on some movie.

yes they do spells, but its more of what you would know as a prayer.

Originally posted by Vidar

As for the "superstition and religion are the same", not really. Superstition is merely any fear of non-real consequences. Like, step on a crack - break your mother's back. Black cats crossing your path causes bad luck (which is hilarious since cats have always been signs of good fortune and divinity to many cultures outside endo-european.)

Religion on the other hand is a group of people established with set guidelines based on a belief system. This can be monotheistic or polytheistic, or in some places, pantheistic.

Religion:

1. A strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny

Sure sounds like superstition to me.

All that exists is a part of nature. Can you prove the existence of the so-called "supernatural"? Reality is already strange and wonderful enough that you don't really need to assert a supernatural explaination just because you don't understand the real world.

Let's drop this. It appears Neowin is definitately not a religion-friendly forum.

Why is it that whenever there is a place which allows differing views about religion that those who don't agree with it are labelled as bad? As I've stated before, it wasn't all that long ago that those of us who didn't believe would have been put to death for having such opinions. The real costs of religion on society are finally coming out and won't be silenced by those who want to go back to the "good old days".

Why is it that whenever there is a place which allows differing views about religion that those who don't agree with it are labelled as bad?

I agree whole heartedly with that statement.

Originally posted by Sera Eve

maybe u should learn to read because i didnt say that it wasnt directed at religion. however, you did comment at one in particular at one time and that was what we were arguing about.

sigh

and now i have to remind you of what you were talking about

wow really? you didn't say it wasn't directed at religion? man thats good to know since my post said it wasn't directed at that one religion but religion in general. least you clued into that finally.

its nice to see having an iq over 10 is not a pre-request for being wiccan ;)

Well, on topic :) This beating crap is wrong. Im a christian, and think witches are wrong wtc... but i would never kill them, thats like, well wrong :/

Religion

the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or any such system of belief and worship
Superstition
(a) belief which is not based on human reason or scientific knowledge, but is connected with old ideas about magic etc.
Sure sounds like superstition to me.

All that exists is a part of nature. Can you prove the existence of the so-called "supernatural"? Reality is already strange and wonderful enough that you don't really need to assert a supernatural explaination just because you don't understand the real world.

If we have the faith in our GOD, we do not need any more proof than what is in the Bible. The onus is upon you to disprove that Christ did not walk the earth, perform miracles, or die for the elects sins. For us, the proof is in the bible and historical records.

If you think you ancestors were so grievously wronged for their disbeliefs that is fine. History is full of persecution on both the religious and secular sides.

Science has been disproved and lied many times. If you are attempting to use mans understanding of the world and universe, its a moot point. The peppered moth debacle and the piltdown man are just two of the lies science has told to debase the bible. I have many more if you like.

The slaughter that is taking place today in secular countries also stands as a testimony of a system of non belief.

Your interpretation of religion is incorrect. If that is your belief then there is no point in trying to communicate with you further. You keep saying the same thing without saying anything.

As I've stated before, it wasn't all that long ago that those of us who didn't believe would have been put to death for having such opinions. The real costs of religion on society are finally coming out and won't be silenced by those who want to go back to the "good old days".

You keep saying this and it means nothing. This type of persecution can be attributed to many cultures and without religion. Much of it political, such as 1918 Russia, 1938 Germany, 1976 Nigeria, 1999 former Yogoslavia. How about the persecution of Catholics in Indonesia. Are they not being slaughtered for their beliefs in GOD by a secular society? How about Cambodia in 1976?

As I stated before, you believe what you want to believe, but it has nothing to do with religion.

Who is killing you these days because of your beliefs? No one.

No one wants to go back to the old days except for Islam.

Originally posted by Tom Servo

Just out of interest, for what reason do you think witches are wrong?

Well im not judging, this is jusdt what ive been taught and believe.

That witchcraft and all the stuff is like stuff of satan, who isnt gods best friend :)

I guess no matter how i say it, its not gonna look ok to everyone, but someone saying god doesnt exist isnt all that pleasing to me so, heh we all lose.

Originally posted by alpoinacan

If we have the faith in our GOD, we do not need any more proof than what is in the Bible.

You need far more that since the bible is far from being accurrate on a great many things.

The onus is upon you to disprove that Christ did not walk the earth, perform miracles, or die for the elects sins. For us, the proof is in the bible and historical records.

BTW, you are trying to use the fallacy of shifting the burden of proof. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. You are the one is making these claims not us.

As for historical records. There are no independent records for the exist of Christ outside of the NT.

If you think you ancestors were so grievously wronged for their disbeliefs that is fine. History is full of persecution on both the religious and secular sides.

The true is that the vast majority is religous.

Science has been disproved and lied many times.

When?

If you are attempting to use mans understanding of the world and universe, its a moot point. The peppered moth debacle and the piltdown man are just two of the lies science has told to debase the bible. I have many more if you like.

I see that you are yet another theist who doesn't understand what and how science works.

The slaughter that is taking place today in secular countries also stands as a testimony of a system of non belief.

What slaughter in what secular countries?

Your interpretation of religion is incorrect. If that is your belief then there is no point in trying to communicate with you further. You keep saying the same thing without saying anything.

My 'interpretation" is correct. Maybe you should get out of the forest and see the rest of the trees.

You keep saying this and it means nothing. This type of persecution can be attributed to many cultures and without religion. Much of it political, such as 1918 Russia, 1938 Germany, 1976 Nigeria, 1999 former Yogoslavia. How about the persecution of Catholics in Indonesia. Are they not being slaughtered for their beliefs in GOD by a secular society? How about Cambodia in 1976?

If you look closer at these events you will see a religious influence in almost all of them. Lenin hated the church because it allowed his brother to be hung as a theif. Stalin had been in training to be a priest, and Hitler was a Catholic who felt that it was every Christians duty to make the Jews pay for what they did to Christ. Also, Far-Eastern concepts of religion are different than our concepts.

Much of the so-called prosecution of CHristians today is of their own doing. I.E. Those two missionaries in Afghanistan were guilty of what they were accused of. They had a total disregard for the beliefs of others.

As I stated before, you believe what you want to believe, but it has nothing to do with religion.

It truly amazes me just how ignorant most Christians are about their own belief system.

Who is killing you these days because of your beliefs? No one.

No one wants to go back to the old days except for Islam.

Ever hear of the Christian group called the Army of god? how about Operation Rescue?

Originally posted by condorstats

Well im not judging, this is jusdt what ive been taught and believe.

That witchcraft and all the stuff is like stuff of satan, who isnt gods best friend :)

I guess no matter how i say it, its not gonna look ok to everyone, but someone saying god doesnt exist isnt all that pleasing to me so, heh we all lose.

You have been told lies. Maybe you should find out for yourself the truth about what witches really are.

You have been told lies. Maybe you should find out for yourself the truth about what witches really are.

well ok think what you like. im not going to have a big religious argument cos 1) I cant be bothered, and 2) I dont know all the answers. I just believe it. maybe im wrong, maybe im weak minded, but no matter what, the things ive seen and know cannot be anything other than what i belive them to be, cos i was there.

:) ok? hehe, go argue wit someone else ;)

ang btw NOS, are you an atheist or Muslim or Satanist or something? Just wondering why your views are very very anti christian, or indeed, anti religion in general.

well ok think what you like. im not going to have a big religious argument cos 1) I cant be bothered, and 2) I dont know all the answers. I just believe it. maybe im wrong, maybe im weak minded, but no matter what, the things ive seen and know cannot be anything other than what i belive them to be, cos i was there.

:) ok? hehe, go argue wit someone else ;)

And they wonder why so much ignorance and hatred in the world.

ang btw NOS, are you an atheist or Muslim or Satanist or something? Just wondering why your views are very very anti christian, or indeed, anti religion in general.

I'm a Secular Humanist Agnostic.

My views are not anti-Christian, they are anti ignorance and superstition. It is not my fault that religion is the greatest source of these things.

I'm a Secular Humanist Agnostic.

My views are not anti-Christian, they are anti ignorance and superstition. It is not my fault that religion is the greatest source of these things.

well.......i dunno what that is so :p

but dude, dont call me ignorant and superstitious becuase i believe in a god. You have no reason for calling me ignorant, nor superstitious, its not like a poop myself if i see a black cat :right:

well.......i dunno what that is so :p

but dude, dont call me ignorant and superstitious becuase i believe in a god. You have no reason for calling me ignorant, nor superstitious, its not like a poop myself if i see a black cat :right:

If you are not interested in any of this then why are you here? There are plenty of Christian only forums out there where all they do is masturbate each others egos on how they are good and all of us are poor misguided sinners going straight to hell.

ah yes i see, so basically for us "ignorant" people, your atheist.

My atheist what? You had said 'your atheist'.

An agnostic neither believes nor disbelieves in a creator of all. That there is no evidence either way and there can't be while one is still alive.

If you are not interested in any of this then why are you here? There are plenty of Christian only forums out there where all they do is masturbate each others egos on how they are good and all of us are poor misguided sinners going straight to hell.

Well i didnt say im not interested, and i am if your wondering, hence ive replied a lot.

and masturbating egos doesnt sound all that cool to me. Yes im a christian, and i do believe that those who arent will goto hell, but i dont sit round at chruch going "oh you know this guy whos not a christian...hes going to hell..but im not arent i cool" dude, YOU need to get out more, before you call anyone ignorant.

Well, as NOS said, if you got some time, you should spend some of it in getting more info about your belief and these witches.

And in general, I think this discussion is useless, christian zealots always find arguments to put reason down. So it's like talking to a wall.

Well i didnt say im not interested, and i am if your wondering, hence ive replied a lot.

and masturbating egos doesnt sound all that cool to me. Yes im a christian, and i do believe that those who arent will goto hell, but i dont sit round at chruch going "oh you know this guy whos not a christian...hes going to hell..but im not arent i cool" dude, YOU need to get out more, before you call anyone ignorant.

There is one thing I know that you don't about your religion is that the first Christians didn't believe in a hell or even in a devil. To them it was either heaven or the Grave. It was the Church which later added these concepts as a means of controlling people. Yet another part of your beliefs which are based on a lie.