iPod Video Vs Creative Zen Vision:M

nobody talks about the archos 'cause they cost 500-700 dollars. that's crazy. and that's a PMP, not an MP3 Player. i'm not saying the archos is bad, the things kicks ass. but i'd never spend that much money on something that would be upraded so soon anyways.

My current battery life

So far I am going on nine hours of continues play with my vision:m and I still have three quarters (3/4) of battery life left. My volume is set at 17, and I am playing a play list while on hold so the back light is off. The mp3s range from 192kbps to 224kbps. I also played video for about five minutes to a friend at work. This player hasn't disappointed me yet and the sound quality is excellent.

I got my zen vision m and now I am having second thoughts.

All I want to do is play my TVshows that i purchaced from itunes on my Zen Vision M. Oh, and maybe a few dvds that i own. Is there any simple way to do this or should i look into an ipod or an archos or maybe something else?

Does anyone out there have ideas on this matter?

Edited by cakeeater

You cannot use itunes shows on the Zen Vision M or any other mp3 player on the market besides ipod. Apple's closed/property format is not commatiable, protected(drmed) and Apple will not license the format out to other competive mp3 player companies. So whether it is Archos, Iriver, Creative, Iaudio- none will work with it.

To get a video on any mp3 player from DVD you will need a DVD decrpyter, and a converter program. Once you decrpyt the dvd, you can use a WinAVI or River Past to go from .VOB to .AVI. It is no different on any other mp3 player including ipod on the market.

Your best off using torrents or DRMed WMA Stores that are getting videos. :whistle:

Reading this whole topic has baffled me, and at the end of the day, i owned an Ipod Mini, which sucked so bad, and now i own a sony nw-a3000.

the main reason you buy and mp3 player is to play MP3 files, so basically, the ipod sucks, because all the EQ's suck, and i havent listened to the creative but im pretty certain it wud b better...

now the sony, been in the walkman game for years, knows wat sound quality means, and the sony wipes the floor with sound quality...

Wait!!11!!!, WHERE IS TEH cOLOR\ZZZ 11!!!SCREEN omG1233387.

well, like u said, u want a mp3 player, so why do u wanna watch videos as well.... ? also, 35 hours battery on my sony mp3 player, try and match that...

now ure gunna say, well i need a line in record with mic and all this extra shizzle that im neevverr gunna use in a million years.

well all i can say is, u want a solid, mp3 player that sounds awesome with stock headfones, and then sounds manic with a good set of cans then, the sony is number 1.

at the end of the day, when r u gunna put pics on it or vids ? when u gonna watch em ? never... .

Lol, best for sound quality, wrong.

Iv watched 2 films and various videos on my Vision:M plus im able to use pictures as my wallpaper, also good to show people party photos etc on a wonderful screen

You cannot use itunes shows on the Zen Vision M or any other mp3 player on the market besides ipod. Apple's closed/property format is not commatiable, protected(drmed) and Apple will not license the format out to other competive mp3 player companies. So whether it is Archos, Iriver, Creative, Iaudio- none will work with it.

To get a video on any mp3 player from DVD you will need a DVD decrpyter, and a converter program. Once you decrpyt the dvd, you can use a WinAVI or River Past to go from .VOB to .AVI. It is no different on any other mp3 player including ipod on the market.

Your best off using torrents or DRMed WMA Stores that are getting videos. :whistle:

I downloaded the divx "create" pac. Is the dycypter included or do i need to go get something else?

it says in some article that the easiest way to encrpt is to copy the files to your harddrive. I can only copy one file. It won't let me do the others.

This is far more complicated than I had hoped.

DVD decrypters are well "illegal" programs, as they take the copy protection off a DVD and place the contents of the DVD on your HD. They used to be sold at software stores, until they got sued in obivilian. You will have to google/research this on your own.

Once you have your VOB, take the biggest VOB(the movie without the crap) and use WinAVI or River Past converter to convert the VOB to a readable format. Your choices are: MPG, AVI(DivX and VidX) and WMV. VidX is currently my favorite.

Once again, the fun of getting DVDs to your player is the same with all mp3 players. Whether Archos, Creative or Ipod. Anyway, PM me if you still need help.

Lol, best for sound quality, wrong.

u fancy putting a bet on that one pal ? the thing is m8, a ipod and bose triports cant keep up with my sony with stock headphones, and the other thing, creative aint better than sony for mp3 players.

M8, my old sony nw-e3 cud hammer the zen vision:m into the floor with sound quality.

Look... i aint arguing... but sony = best sound quality..

Everything can beat the iPod in sound quality, a cheap ?50 flash based MP3 probably can. Iv used two Sony MP3 players, the NW-HD3 and the a1000? i think its called, anyway, i found my creative to be louder, have fuller sound, kicks its ass it the low/high mid areas, the other guy said the same thing. Only way to settle it i guess is to go by facts...

My Creative Vision:M: 97dB

Sony:

Hopefully you can answer it since i dont know and show proof

at the fact of the matter is, your goin on volume specs ? ha... wow an ipod has 10000db that can rip your ears to shreds, and every creative player on the planet will cause permananet damage to your ears after a certain level.

I cant dig no specs out for the sony, but then again, if u think ure creative has better highs than the sony then ure "friend" must have have being using the atrac3 plus format which is ****ty at the low bitrates...

use mp3 255kbps vbr, on both players, then come back 2 me... :rolleyes:

It was signal to noise ratio, i thought you could of worked that out

The other friend, was my brother, we uploaded all different types of files on his NW-HD3, atrac plus, mp3, some at 192 etc on the horrible sonicstage, that software should be banned, its really horrible, anyway, my zen definitely came out on top

yer... ok pal...

and there is nothing wrong with soundstage, except that it is slightly slow in UI, and the cd ripping features are about as fast as no tommorow.

like i said, i aint gunna argue with ya about nothing, becuase u cant prove one is better than the other than saying my brothers nw-hd3, so like i said..

get me some solid specs on both players. then come back to me.

its your job mate to back up your player, before you go on about saying sony are the best in sound quality, get some facts first. Its opinion at the moment, iv at least used facts to back up my case.

Anyway, stuff like this will never end :p you will like your player no matter what and same goes with me.

its your job mate to back up your player, before you go on about saying sony are the best in sound quality, get some facts first. Its opinion at the moment, iv at least used facts to back up my case.

Anyway, stuff like this will never end tongue.gif you will like your player no matter what and same goes with me.

yer lol :D but then again.. when i get some spec's... be prepared 2 cry... :whistle:

Reading this whole topic has baffled me, and at the end of the day, i owned an Ipod Mini, which sucked so bad, and now i own a sony nw-a3000.

the main reason you buy and mp3 player is to play MP3 files, so basically, the ipod sucks, because all the EQ's suck, and i havent listened to the creative but im pretty certain it wud b better...

now the sony, been in the walkman game for years, knows wat sound quality means, and the sony wipes the floor with sound quality...

Wait!!11!!!, WHERE IS TEH cOLOR\ZZZ 11!!!SCREEN omG1233387.

well, like u said, u want a mp3 player, so why do u wanna watch videos as well.... ? also, 35 hours battery on my sony mp3 player, try and match that...

now ure gunna say, well i need a line in record with mic and all this extra shizzle that im neevverr gunna use in a million years.

well all i can say is, u want a solid, mp3 player that sounds awesome with stock headfones, and then sounds manic with a good set of cans then, the sony is number 1.

at the end of the day, when r u gunna put pics on it or vids ? when u gonna watch em ? never... .

Sony gets invalidated for making you use Sonicstage, I don't care how great their hardware is, but since I have use that POS program with my MD player, I will never buy another Sony MP3 player that requires you to use that garbage app. And I've never found an alternetive app that didn't suck either (Real Player, Creative).

http://www.42hours.org/index.html

I hate to get in arugments with the semi-illiterate, but I am going to have to speak up.

Size:

Zen Vision M: 104 x 62 x 18.6mm

Sony NW-A3000: 104 x 65 x 21 mm

Winner: Creative

Weight:

Zen Vision M: 163g

SonyNW-A3000: 182 g

Screen

Zen Vision M: 2.5" 320x240 262k color screen

SonyNW-A3000: 2" OLED Screen

Video/Photos

Zen Vision M: Support for Xvid, DivX, WMV, Motion-JPEG, MPG. Photo Viewing and side-show

SonyNW-A3000: No support for video or photo

TV Out

Zen Vision M: Slideshows, videos at 640x480, interface on TV

SonyNW-A3000: None

Audio Formats

Zen Vision M: WAV, WMA, MP3

SonyNW-A3000: ATRAC, MP3

Winner: Due to the unpopularity, ATRAC, is no match for WAV or WMA. Creative Wins.

Software

Zen Vision M: Zen Vision M Media Explorer(Drag and Drop), Windows Media Player, and MediaSource. Although not the best, it certainly has choices. WinAmp and Notmad can be used as well.

SonyNW-A3000: Sony's fun little software. Most say it is "Software is a disgrace and support is not much better" or "A bit heavy, software is terrible, doesn't play some mp3's" or "Terrible upload software - sluggish to say the least"

Winner: Due to Plays-For-Sure support, Creative Wins.

Storage:

Zen Vision M: 30gb

SonyNW-A3000: 20gb

Battery life:

Zen Vision M: 15 hours

Sony NW-A3000: Reviews claim it is around 17 (http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/6433.html), although Sony claims it's 35 hours.

Winner: Barely by Sony

Features:

Zen Vision M: Recording, FM Radio

Sony NW-A3000: None

Sound Quality:

Zen Vision M: 97db, 5 band EQ, 10 preset modes

Sony NW-A3000: 4 preset modes and 5 band EQ. SNR ratio not released.

Winner: Both seem to have good sound quality, all 20 of ZVM reviews claimed it was great, 1 Sony Review claimed the sony was great. Subjective, unknown without more specs.

Interface:

Zen Vision M: Reviews say it is extremely easy: Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB consolidated reviews http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-N22bHVY8drP2YF1RUXcxcxH4?p=42

Sony NW-A3000: The only reviews we have say http://www.ciao.co.uk/Sony_Walkman_NW_A300..._20_GB__6365625 its extremely hard to use.

Winner: Zen Vision M

so, i was thinkkiin' about gettin' the sony NWA thingy. It looks real pretty, i won't lie there.

But after reading reviews on it, i only saw so-so user speculations. I decided i'd wait for something better.

Especially with the app it gives ya.

Creative owns. And yeah, btw, i got grounded, so i wasn't allowed to buy my ZVM : (...

hopefulyl soon....

btw, if anybody sees it at www.costco.com, post it here. they have the best support and return policy ever.

:shiftyninja:

i heart ninjas