iPod Video Vs Creative Zen Vision:M

PaulCabby

The Creative Zen Vision:M is the size of a iPod 4th Generation.

crimsonhead

Too much clutter. I prefer simplicity :)

xxdesmus

^^ lol...it's not very different than the iPod my friend.

This was my conversation with the Best Buy employee who works in the MP3 player section:

Me: "Hi, I was wondering if you guys have the Creative Zen Vision: M in stock yet..."

Him: "The what?"

Me: "The Creative Zen Vision: M...it's an MP3 and video player"

Him: "Um, no."

Me: "Ok...do you have any idea when you might get them in stock?"

Him: "No."

*Uncomfortably long pause*

Me: "Well ok then...thanks for all the helpful information"

:blink: What morons they have working there...geez.

sn00pie

I would go for the Vision:M, that's one hell of a mp3 player, unless of course you'd take the iPods looks. The iPod obviously looks better. :p

Bitey

This was my conversation with the Best Buy employee who works in the MP3 player section:

Me: "Hi, I was wondering if you guys have the Creative Zen Vision: M in stock yet..."

Him: "The what?"

Me: "The Creative Zen Vision: M...it's an MP3 and video player"

Him: "Um, no."

Me: "Ok...do you have any idea when you might get them in stock?"

Him: "No."

*Uncomfortably long pause*

Me: "Well ok then...thanks for all the helpful information"

:blink: What morons they have working there...geez.

I just called my local frys and asked whether they were getting the Zen Vision M soon. The person on the line asked "Is that a Game or something?". They have such intelligent people working in retail..... :(

crimsonhead

From the pics it seems theres too many things on screen at the same time :pinch:

Frost_311

The shuffle isn't the same chip internally as the video iPod, however comparing my 4th Gen to 5th Gen, there has been a major improvement in the sound quality with the 5th gen to me.

Yeah the 5th gen iPods have an improved sound chip, I can hear the difference between my brothers 20GB 4th gen and my 30GB 5th gen.

The Zen Vision:M isn't a bad player by any means, but I'd still choose a 5th gen iPod over it any day. I'm one of those people that would never use a Trio phone because although it does alot of things, its HUGE. I don't like to strap things to my belt or hip. Size is extremely important to alot of people. The only reason I went with the iPod 30GB over the iPod Nano 4GB was that for $50 more I have an extra 26GBs of storage space. I already have 5 1/2 GBs of music on my iPod and I just started using it 2 days ago.

To each his own though, and I'm very glad that Creative is still releasing competitively priced MP3 players to go after the iPod. This keeps Apple on their toes and in the end we the consumers benefit from that.

RottGutt

Looks like a great player. What an awesome screen. But this part just ended it for me :(

creativevisionsize.jpg

They always say bigger is better. I bet your girlfriend is proud of you. :no:

Bitey

Yeah the 5th gen iPods have an improved sound chip, I can hear the difference between my brothers 20GB 4th gen and my 30GB 5th gen.

The Zen Vision:M isn't a bad player by any means, but I'd still choose a 5th gen iPod over it any day. I'm one of those people that would never use a Trio phone because although it does alot of things, its HUGE. I don't like to strap things to my belt or hip. Size is extremely important to alot of people. The only reason I went with the iPod 30GB over the iPod Nano 4GB was that for $50 more I have an extra 26GBs of storage space. I already have 5 1/2 GBs of music on my iPod and I just started using it 2 days ago.

To each his own though, and I'm very glad that Creative is still releasing competitively priced MP3 players to go after the iPod. This keeps Apple on their toes and in the end we the consumers benefit from that.

Unless you are wearing a pair of emo-style jeans, this can easily fit in your pocket. It has the same Length and Height as the ipod G5. It is just thicker, about as thick as the ipod G4. For many people, that ipod G5 is too thin, and doesn't fit well in palm.

Toastyone

If you want to watch videos on the move get an archos or psp. Ipods are no good. You try watching that screen for more than 30 minutes.

:rolleyes: I have, I watched 2.2 hours of video before mine died :p it is not bad at all ;)

xxdesmus

It is just thicker, about as thick as the ipod G4. For many people, that ipod G5 is too thin, and doesn't fit well in palm.

Exactly, after using my G5 for a while it was in fact uncomfortably thin. Believe it or not, there is such a thing as too thin. Granted, the Vision:M may be a little big, I think somewhere in the middle would be perfect.

saxondale.

Thanks! im going to get myself one :)

I got to step 3 of the purchase, this is when it asks you for some credit card details, but it hasnt asked me for what colour i want :/ is it after that stage?

Edited by saxondale.
xxdesmus

I just wanna get mine before my 15 flight...it'll be nice to throw on some tunes and pass out...and then perhaps watch some Family Guy whenever I do in fact wake up :pinch:

Just got my noise-canceling headphones and everything...can't wait :yes:

saxondale.

Ah the colour is black, exactly the one i wanted :)

saxondale.

Ordered :D

.Ryan

I live here in Southeastern Michigan, U.S.A and i am wondering if I can get anywhere around here. Can I?

I would preferibly want to buy it at Circiut City if at all possible because I have a gift card to there but if they do not sell it please give me a list of the stores that do.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! :wacko:

xxdesmus

FYI, a support person on the creative forum's said they will not ship outside of the area you are purchasing in on the website. i.e. ..if you buy one using the Europe website they will not ship it outside of Europe. just so everyone knows that.

ambiance

Looks like a great player. What an awesome screen. But this part just ended it for me :(

creativevisionsize.jpg

HA!

I would just like to add this. The only thing creative has released worth buying is the "Soundblaster". No matter how hard other companies try, they will NEVER touch the innovations made by Apple. They put the BEST mp3 player on the market and everyone else just tries and fails. I could go on for days on how unoriginal corporate (choose favourite expletive) companies copy each other for short term gain, but why waste my time. I know the resale of my iPod video will not go down too much, can you say the same for anything else?

Bitey

Just for a history lesson, Creative had a mp3 player on the market far before the ipod. They also designed the hierarchy interface you are currently using on your ipod. So much for innovation. In case you didn't know, it called "marketing" not "innovation". Creative, Iaudio, Rio, Archos, Iriver step away from the norm far more then ipod. They have been marketing the same player for about 5 years now.

The Zen is a few mm bigger then the G4. Yet you don't call the G4 "fat"?

For the people that care, the guys at MisticRiver got a Zen Vision M and said:

"Of course, and i'm loving it... been using it exclusively for about 1 week now. Great video codec support, album art, search by keyword, photos, fm tuner... and the best part is that it's actually making some in the portable world nervous and you know who you are"

http://www.dapreview.net/forum_viewtopic.php?21.25079.165

saxondale.

Thank you bitey, one of the few people on neowin to actually understand