iPod Video Vs Creative Zen Vision:M

Creative Zen Vision: M doesn't have anything 3rd party written for it yet...it hasn't even been officially released my friend. yeesh. besides...who cares about 3rd party OS's or games yet. 95% of iPod owners definitely do not use linux or run doom on there iPod's ...it's a rare nerd thing, that's it. Give the Vision: M some time...there will be plenty of things for it, once it's actually released.

I love watching you pick through reviews/ipod fanboys on dapreview to find these little negatives. The other funny thing is that you include no facts/specs(Battery Life, Screen Resoultion, TV out, Colors). What you have is called Buyer's Remorse- and you have lot of it.

response to imtoomuch:

ohh imtoomuch, you are teribbly missinformed :no: I

Nice job err... researching, i'll make sure to consult you next time I go out to purchase a dap :no: :unsure:

Both of you need to chill out. I'm sorry if I offended your almighty favorite MP3 player. It's not my problem and you'll both get over it. I am in no way, shape, or form an Apple or iPod fanbody. Accusing me of such indicates that maybe the fanboyism is coming from the other end - your end. I clearly stated that my comparison was solely based off of this particular review. If the facts from that article are wrong, it's not my fault. Maybe you should actually read my post before telling me I'm misinformed. It's also funny that you said I did a nice job researching when I clearly stated that I didn't. And as I said, I wouldn't trade my iPod in for this thing based on this article. If that constitutes "buyer's remorse" then yes, I am full of it! :rolleyes:

Then why bother posting your opinions if your ignorant of the ZM:V, do some researching and then include your reasoning :rolleyes:

Edited by 3284lmm

I just hope to god *knock on wood* the software that comes with it doesn't suck. I'd rather not use WMP, but if it's better than Creative's software than so be it.

Well I can tell you right now, the software that was packaged in my zen vision: m was the same that was packaged in the sleek. It comes with wmp 10, Mediasource, and has all the video plugin crap to do the video stuff.

At this point the easiest way I find it to get things on any of my mtp players is to just go to the folder were the music i want. Open that folder select it all and add to wmp 10 sync list. Once I plug my player in down the road when I feel like it, it syncs it instantly. This is also the same for videos.

To the folks in Singapore- How much SGD are they to buy direct from the creative HQ?

its S$599 so thats about US$352. woah thats S$95 (US$56) more than i paid for my ipod video (with student discount)

its S$599 so thats about US$352. woah thats S$95 (US$56) more than i paid for my ipod video (with student discount)

hmm...I can get the Zen pre-order for 315 dollars here(ecost). Ebay also has them for 305 dollars. Also seems like retail stores are going to sell around 300-315 range. Mabye it's the economics of scale or bad us-to-SGD ratio :pinch:

there is no way this is an ipod killer, probably because it is so thick

as many whiners have said here: the ipod is just a fashion statement

Yes, in the marketing and sells stance, I agree with you. However, for the tech-savy people that like to research and buy the best possible player for the money, this ranks up there with the iaudio x5 in features and "ipod-killer"ness. Even Cnet and other reviewers have dubed it "ipod-killer" in the tech sense/better mp3 player sense. However, add that all the marketing/social considerations/looks, is going for the ipod though. :no:

However, I find it dumb to call a player "fat" when it is a few mm bigger then the G4. Very pocketable. But Apple is the excpetion to the rules of reality.

Wow guys, im so glad I found this thread. I have to get some stuff out.

- iPods are totally fashion statements and are sales are purely based on being "popular"

- Why should there be a proprietary software used to send music to your ipod?

- iRiver and Creative are so much better than ipod could dream of.

I myself Have had an Iriver H340 for over 1 year and It is still ahead of the iPod in everything it does. It lis slightly thicker however the features totally outweigh the gay UI of the iPod.

I myself think that Iriver or Creative need to create a mp3 player that does:

- File Tree Navigation (iRiver H340) (But Still have support For Database) <--- Best Feature if you have over about 2000-3000 songs

- Allow searching of songs

- USB 2.0 External HDD Support (Iriver H340) - Just plug it up, throw music through windows explorer, and unplug, no gay itunes/winamp/windows media player

- FM radio

- Voice Recorder

- Line-In Recording <-- Wav recording

- Video Support (Divx/Xvid/Wmv/Mpg/Animated Gifs/Flash)

- OTF Playlists

- Crossfading

- Album Art

- Themes

- Totally Customizable Now Playing Screen

- Games (Basic But Addicting)

- Built In FM Transmitter

- Big @$$ Battery Capacity

- Size doesnt matter really, just keep the screen big, and decently small. The Iriver h340 is about right.

If anyone here has a Iriver H340/320 they should know about www.rockbox.org . Its the custom built firmware for Mp3 players. It is implementing alot of these features into the iriver series.

Back to the Creative vs Ipod thing. Its good to see a new Creative player, I would totally go get this player if it had file tree navigation because with 7000 songs, it takes a while to go through all the artists when Im djing, and I really like the way you can set up the file tree without editing the files tags. Iriver should come out with a new mp3 player to step their game up against the ipod video.

That really felt good to vent off something against the ipod fanboys and to take a check at your other options in the mp3 world. All my friends that got an iPod wish they would have gotten an iriver, if only it was smaller and supported 30 fps video, causes its only 10 fps. Because they actually realize that there are feature rich players that compete with the ipod that are alot better.

Check the Avator to get the feeling i feel about ipods

Iriver and Creative are so much better than ipod/apple

Hi golf,

I agree with you about iriver and creative. I really did want to get a H320, but sadly I found out they were out of production. If they made a H320 "2" I would defientaly go buy on.

The good news is that creative is at least trying to get with some of the options. We have the Themes, Voice Recorder, FM Radio, good Video Support, USB 2.0 External HDD Support(drag and drop), decent size, Album Art, Allow searching of songs(keyboard like with the ZVM), and OTG Playlists.

New creative is somewhat similar to the Iriver, but with updated video features.

true, i would so get one if they only had the file tree navigation and a bigger hard drive

i myself upgraded the iriver to a 60 gig and put a new battery in it, cause nothing can compete with it for what i need.

But creative is well on the way. Just a couple more features, and keep the slick UI, and they will kill the ipod =)

I had an iRiver H340, and my god, it was a such a great player, due to some financial trouble, i had to sell it, but it was such a wonderful player

- iPods are totally fashion statements and are sales are purely based on being "popular"

- Why should there be a proprietary software used to send music to your ipod?

1. Sales are based on popularity. If your product isn't popular, it means no one is buying it. I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Who said fashion is a bad thing? Are all your clothes generic? Is your computer OS unbranded? When did being fashionable become so taboo?

2. Once again, this is just a lie. There are more programs for transfering music to an iPod than other mp3 players. Xport, Xplay, Anapod, RipPod, Musicmatch, iTunes, J. River Media Center, Ephpod...prolly more. This is just off the top of my head.

I'm not a fanboy. I just bought a Cowon player. Just get your facts straight.

Ok, i agree with half of what your saying

2. Once again, this is just a lie. There are more programs for transfering music to an iPod than other mp3 players. Xport, Xplay, Anapod, RipPod, Musicmatch, iTunes, J. River Media Center, Ephpod...prolly more. This is just off the top of my head.

Umm, can you take your ipod to another computer, plug it up take music off and add music, store stuff on it, without installing software. I can add 1000 songs to my iriver 340 in the time it takes you to load up the software to load music on your ipod. And Be right out the door. I just dont think it should require a software to add music. Filetree is so much easier

And, ipods are still fasion crazes, why is the "white fresh look" so popular

Ok, i agree with half of what your saying

Umm, can you take your ipod to another computer, plug it up take music off and add music, store stuff on it, without installing software. I can add 1000 songs to my iriver 340 in the time it takes you to load up the software to load music on your ipod. And Be right out the door. I just dont think it should require a software to add music. Filetree is so much easier

Filetree is easier then creating a playlist on iTunes, plugging in the iPod, let it sync for a minute, then unplug it?

I think you are vastly underestimating how quick and easy it is.

You are not understanding that when you have 7000 songs how long it takes to load itunes.

And how long it takes to scroll through about 1000-2000 different artists

And how you cant use your ipod on multiple computers and still sync it with your library\

And if you dont want to have all 100 gigs of your collection on your player

Yes, don't forget that Creative players have search functions (search by artist, track, keyword searching etc) and rapid scrolling that doesn't require you to go in circles........ .... .... .... ..... :whistle: so large libraries shouldn't be hard to manage. Yes filetree structuring may be easy to us Creative is also trying to appeal the masses by making things intuitive AND functional. Props to the X5 and H320 though.

Damn...I forgot about the student discount cos' I wanted to get an iPod...but now considering a Microphoto... damn....why can't creative hacve student discounts??!! :cry: :cry: