iPod Video Vs Creative Zen Vision:M

saxondale.

I promise it will be tomorrow night, iv been out with it (mainly the reason why i havnt done the review, been busy) on bus rides and stuff, and i think im pretty much able to do the review now. So expect it tomorrow evening :) sorry about that

Bluemonk

:sleep:

This is becoming an useless discussion, some people give more about fashion and will buy an iPod,

And some people are more into what the mp3-player has to offer.

Like some people wear a reindeer jumper their granny's made, unlike other people who wear armani clothes.

SomeAzn

:sleep:

This is becoming an useless discussion, some people give more about fashion and will buy an iPod,

And some people are more into what the mp3-player has to offer.

Like some people wear a reindeer jumper their granny's made, unlike other people who wear armani clothes.

Is iPod the Armani because it is fashionable? I am quite confused.

AudioDope

omg i wrote a big reply but my thing messed up :(:(:(

Martyn

I like both, dont hurt me MonkeyClaw :cry:

family guy

The Vision:M does seem like a very nice media player and I wouldnt mind having one, but if I get a portable media player, I would probably still go with an iPod video simply for the fact that it has more accessories (battery packs, speaker/stereo systems, fm transmitter choices, etc.). But I really have to go down to a Best Buy and look at the Vision:M first hand as well

Trauma

Gah, I can't get a Vision:M anywhere here (Switzerland). Stupid waiting.. :(

.Ryan

Yes, im being stupid.....but its been 3 days!! saxondale

DeadOnArrival

NEW Firmware For The Zen Vision: M!!!

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/bo...message.id=5114

Fixes:

* Improves MP3 audio playback quality.

* Improves the smoothness of WMV and AVI video playback.

* Ensures proper functionality when pictures are deleted in thumbnail view.

*Ensures proper video playback functionality when a large number of video files are transferred to your Zen Vision:M player.

xxdesmus

that was quick...can't wait to get mine. It's coming from f-ing singapore and it's taking forever to get here :cry:

^^ FYI your link is broken.

xxdesmus

Just got mine :woot: My god this thing is beautiful :yes:

DeadOnArrival

Just got mine :woot: My god this thing is beautiful :yes:

cool, ive had mine for 2 weeks. Only issue i have is the people asking if thats the new video ipd :blink:

Bitey

I have one as well. This is the most beautiful mp3 player I have come across. The screen really is bitching...:)

xxdesmus

The screen is beautiful, the sound is great, the battery life is great, the Creative software is so so ...overall, much better than the 60GB Photo iPod I had (and returned). As for the thickness people keep bringing up, this one feels very comfortable and solid in hand...the Photo iPod felt like you'd drop it because it was too thin to hold securely in hand.

saxondale.

I knew you guys would like it :D

Mutex

The screen is beautiful, the sound is great, the battery life is great, the Creative software is so so ...overall, much better than the 60GB Photo iPod I had (and returned). As for the thickness people keep bringing up, this one feels very comfortable and solid in hand...the Photo iPod felt like you'd drop it because it was too thin to hold securely in hand.

Man, I'm sooo temped to purchase one now...especially since my b-day is coming up soon! Anyone want to buy me one... :laugh: ;)

MonkeyClaw

I like both, dont hurt me MonkeyClaw :cry:

Ahahaha, well don't worry, so do I, I just prefer the iPod more so, thats why I own one. I don't own a vision because it just doesn't suit my needs, lol.

Bitey

Just wanted to let you apple guys know that you were totally wrong on the "simplicity" bonus of the ipod over the zen. While most of my friends are having issues, converting the **** out of their videos just to get them on the ipod- I drag and drop videos with no conversion. I put my whole libary on the Zen with no conversion. No matter of size, bittrate, codec.

Stunna

yea, i've seen people having troubles converting videos to play on their ipods.

Quillz
Just wanted to let you apple guys know that you were totally wrong on the "simplicity" bonus of the ipod over the zen. While most of my friends are having issues, converting the **** out of their videos just to get them on the ipod- I drag and drop videos with no conversion. I put my whole libary on the Zen with no conversion. No matter of size, bittrate, codec.
And yet you conveniently forgot to mention how the non-video portions compare. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but you can't deny that one of the biggest appeals of the iPod is its friendly interface. A simple click wheel.
chimera963

Why are so many people bitching about the ipod? I just got a video ipod for christmas and it's perfect, video qaulity is flawless, etc etc. I didn't want one coz it "looks cool" or for the "popularity" I spent ages thinking of what Mp3 player i wanted, even bought an iRiver PMP-120 off ebay which I sold on coz it was appauling. iPods are the number 1 mp3 player for a reason. I don't see what is so special about this new Zen thing, the looks immediately remind me of an ipod video, but thicker and uglier, though I know a lot of you will think this look is actually good. Converting videos for my iPod is easy, and I'm using a Mac, if it was on a PC, converting should surely be faster if it is using a fast AMD or Intel processor, so I don't see why the any complaints about converting. If you want an iPod, get an iPod, if you want a Zen Visual, get a Zem Visual, it makes no difference they are practically the exact same product, just by different companies and maybe a few slightly different features, but as long as they play music and videos, who cares?

saxondale.

Iv compared my zen to two of my mates iPod video. How the hell can you hold that thing, it feels so uncomfortable in my hand, the player is not a nice thing to handle. Feels cheap. Even they were impressed with my Zen, they loved the quality of the screen.

Why did i even make this thread :s Its so bloody clear which one is better. Good day.

One thing i found funny was that everyone who i talked to had a battery problem with their iPod video. That was 5 people. Thankfully, Apple have great customer support, but this stuff shouldnt happen in the first place.

but as long as they play music and videos, who cares?

We Zen fans want that, but the simple fact is that the vision:m does it better. Thats a fact, its a fact that the audio is better and the video playback is better...

shawn

Iv compared my zen to two of my mates iPod video. How the hell can you hold that thing, it feels so uncomfortable in my hand, the player is not a nice thing to handle. Feels cheap. Even they were impressed with my Zen, they loved the quality of the screen.

Why did i even make this thread :s Its so bloody clear which one is better. Good day.

One thing i found funny was that everyone who i talked to had a battery problem with their iPod video. That was 5 people. Thankfully, Apple have great customer support, but this stuff shouldnt happen in the first place.

We Zen fans want that, but the simple fact is that the vision:m does it better. Thats a fact, its a fact that the audio is better and the video playback is better...

/chant:WWe want review!!We want review!!