iPod Video Vs Creative Zen Vision:M

saxondale.

Ahhh i know :( Im really busy you see, i have a media exam on Tuesday, and all my media coursework is in for Monday....

jackwanders

Good to see Neowinians are still getting their panties in a bunch over the gadgets that other people choose to use.

:laugh:

Bitey

And yet you conveniently forgot to mention how the non-video portions compare. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but you can't deny that one of the biggest appeals of the iPod is its friendly interface. A simple click wheel.

I also draged and droped my music and photos with no conversion. If I am going to buy a player that advertised "videos" I want a easy way to put them on- I don't want to convert the crap out of them. Most people don't even know what conversion is. How much easier can you get then drag and drop?

I brought my Zen to school yesterday. Almost anyone with a G5 said to things 1) Screen is much, much better. The colors are rich and vivid. 2) The extra features are cool 3) Feels good in the hand. Nobody that picked it up at any issue with using the interface or controls. In fact, they said it was easier and faster to go through the list.

Until you have seen both players in person, you have no means to talk.

shawn

Ahhh i know :( Im really busy you see, i have a media exam on Tuesday, and all my media coursework is in for Monday....

Ok then...

macf13nd

i am the general computer monkey for a few friends. and damn, that mp4 format is a bitch!

drag and drop please, then imo get an ipod. tho the creative is nice! :D

Quillz

I also draged and droped my music and photos with no conversion. If I am going to buy a player that advertised "videos" I want a easy way to put them on- I don't want to convert the crap out of them. Most people don't even know what conversion is. How much easier can you get then drag and drop?

I brought my Zen to school yesterday. Almost anyone with a G5 said to things 1) Screen is much, much better. The colors are rich and vivid. 2) The extra features are cool 3) Feels good in the hand. Nobody that picked it up at any issue with using the interface or controls. In fact, they said it was easier and faster to go through the list.

Until you have seen both players in person, you have no means to talk.

I have used and seen both, since a person I know got one a few days ago. And I said in the post above I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you. All I said was that the iPod has a very inviting interface, with a non-intimidating click wheel. First impressions are important, and some people would be "afraid" to try to use the buttons, etc. That's all I'm saying. I'm not talking about the actual OS.
giga

Well, looks like I found a replacement for my 3G iPod. There are just way too many iPodders out there now. (just got back to school, practically EVERYONE got an iPod for xmas)

Just need to save up now. I'm dead from my recent X360 purchase. :laugh:

Azadre

Official Answer: iPod 30GB Black. Why? Because I said so. :)

giga

Wait, I just found out that there's limited support on the Mac platform? Is this true? Saxondale have you tested it with your iMac?

MEMO.INC

Thanks to this thread I have made my mind, I'll be getting a Zen Vision:M, But, I live outside the US, my parents live near the border so I go to the US 2 or 3 times a month, any clue when this babies are scheduled to arrive at retail stores (Best Buy ,CompUSA, Circuit City...)?.

3284lmm

I checked today, no luck at either store, I have heard rumors that best buy will be getting it sometime this week though.

saxondale.

Wait, I just found out that there's limited support on the Mac platform? Is this true? Saxondale have you tested it with your iMac?

If im correct...it doesnt support Mac....

giga

If im correct...it doesnt support Mac....

Argh, bummer. =/ I'm getting a mac portable for college soon.

thethiefyouhail

Im gettin the zen. The ipod hardware just blows.

IncidentFlux

I'm no iPod fan and don't own one either, but I think the 60GB iPod is better for the following reasons...

Better for people who only want:

1. Maximum space

2. Easy standard parts replacement.

3. More Audio player.

4. Best Accesories market.

Lets not fool our selves its the Toyota or Nokia of the DAP world. You can easily get it fixed, accessorized or replaced.

Hence my dillema of buying something like ZVM who's Video features and great screen won't be of great use to me, but it being 30GB less will bother me, but I do need FM too.

I'll wait to see if Creative release a 60GB model, I hope they do, makes more sense for video players.

Bitey

I'm no iPod fan and don't own one either, but I think the 60GB iPod is better for the following reasons...

Better for people who only want:

1. Maximum space

2. Easy standard parts replacement.

3. More Audio player.

4. Best Accesories market.

Lets not fool our selves its the Toyota or Nokia of the DAP world. You can easily get it fixed, accessorized or replaced.

Hence my dillema of buying something like ZVM who's Video features and great screen won't be of great use to me, but it being 30GB less will bother me, but I do need FM too.

I'll wait to see if Creative release a 60GB model, I hope they do, makes more sense for video players.

2. Why do you want more standard part replacements? I would rather take a more hardy player, so that I won't have to return it every month.

3. The Zen is better audio player as well. The sound quality is better, it has alumb art, the audio is drag and drop, great interface, better life.

4. Rumor has it, the Zen's dock is the same as the ipods. Some might work together. You can hardly critize a player for not having accesories when it is barely out yet. The other fact is, most of those accessories for the ipod come with the Zen free and built-in. I don't consider a AC adapter an accessory, that's nessacity. It is sick Apple has convinced you otherwise.

Quillz

2. Why do you want more standard part replacements? I would rather take a more hardy player, so that I won't have to return it every month.

3. The Zen is better audio player as well. The sound quality is better, it has alumb art, the audio is drag and drop, great interface, better life.

4. Rumor has it, the Zen's dock is the same as the ipods. Some might work together. You can hardly critize a player for not having accesories when it is barely out yet. The other fact is, most of those accessories for the ipod come with the Zen free and built-in. I don't consider a AC adapter an accessory, that's nessacity. It is sick Apple has convinced you otherwise.

It's only a rumor, and most accessories integrate somehow with the iPod's hardware, so I doubt they would work perfectly. I could be wrong, though.
Catharsis

Well if that's the case then I wouldn't want one.

Honda > Toyota

Every other cell phone manufacturer > Nokia

.Ryan

My Nieghbor is trying to sell his old 20 gig ipod and i ask y ....and he goes "this is my 5th time in the past 4 months having 2 replace it and i have nevr had 2 do it b4" from this thread i have learned that from wat he is trying to sell it 4 ($$200) the Zen Vision: M is a much better deal. :)

As soon as Circuit City gets the baby in stock it will be in my hands :cool:

I AM OFFICIALLY ANTI-IPOD!!!!! :devil:

pnmail99

Hello

I have seen one french forum saying that Creative own software

is the only way to upload files to Creative Zen Vision:M

Is it true?

thanks

cakeeater

The Creative Zen Vision: m rocks end of story. I just picked one up at best buy last night! I plugged it in, took 4 of my divx movies and dragged em directly to my player via wmp 11 on vista. There was no coversion of video at all, and the video's look amazing. I got my friend over with his ipod 5g and his video compared to mine looks liks crap. The menu is amazing, for the first time i gotta give it to creative, there menu just works! Also there new touch pad compared to the zen touch, sleek, and micro, the zen vision: m is just 100 times easier to use, its bigger, has better sensitivity (meaning if i drag my thumb on it, it responds like it should), and the 4 way system on it rocks, if i tap the bottom its rapid scroll up or down. If i tap left or right it takes me to different parts of the menus easy and quick. If you tap once in the middle, it will bring up a menu. The shortcut is really amazing, I have it set to go to my fm station once im out of now playing, it just instantly goes there. Also the fm radio compared to a lot of the other players has better reception. The size of this player is 4th gen size, so you people that complain about the vision: m, why didn't you complain about the 4th gen ipod when it was hip? My friends got the 60g 5th gen ipod and its not all that much bigger than that thing.

Downfall on the creative is, while it has a fm tuner, kinda wish they would integrate a transmitter into it. That would enable me to just broadcast my music playback over fm.

I downloaded a TV show off of Itunes. Its in M4V format. Is there a way I can capture this to my Vison M?

cakeeater

Specifically, here's what I want to be able to do with my Creative Vision M:

1. I want to be watch what's in my Vision M on the TV.

2. I want to be able to copy whats playing on TV to either my computer or my Vision M.

3. I want to be able to capture m4v files (TV shows purchaced from Itunes) into my Vision M.

4. I want to be able to capture DVDs into my vision.

Is this possible with a Vision M or should I cancel my order and run out and get an Ipod? Zencasting doesn't offer TV shows and this is what I am most interested in. Can anyone direct me? :shiftyninja:

[bear]

My Nieghbor is trying to sell his old 20 gig ipod and i ask y ....and he goes "this is my 5th time in the past 4 months having 2 replace it and i have nevr had 2 do it b4" from this thread i have learned that from wat he is trying to sell it 4 ($$200) the Zen Vision: M is a much better deal. :)

As soon as Circuit City gets the baby in stock it will be in my hands :cool:

I AM OFFICIALLY ANTI-IPOD!!!!! :devil:

good for you.

The lack of Mac support is a huge turn off. Ill stick with the iPod.

.Ryan
' date='Jan 19 2006, 16:58' post='587087690']

good for you.

The lack of Mac support is a huge turn off. Ill stick with the iPod.

Hello, this was obvious. Mac= Apple. Would Creative support this :rolleyes: