Panasonic 32" Viera LCD Question

I'm planning to purchase a Panansonic 32" Viera LCD for the living room to be a media centre. I was planning on to connecting a computer through either D-Sub or HDTV Component output from the video card.

The TV's details and specs are here: http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?objectID=2634

However when I checked the specs, I got worried about whether or not that would work.

For D-SUB input, it states:

PC Input: Mini D-sub 15-pin

Applicable Scanning Format (Input): 720x480i at 60Hz

Applicable PC Signals: XGA (SXGA, UXGA compressed)

Does that mean the maximum resolution I can get from the D-sub is 720x480i at 60Hz?

For Component input, it states:

Component Video Input: Yes, 1

Applicable Component Video Signals: 640x480i (NTSC) @ 60Hz

Does that mean the maximum resolution I can get from component is 640x480i at 60Hz?

If so, then how would I get HD resolution from any of the inputs?

Thanks, but I still don't understand how I would get HD signals from my computer. Does Panasonic's "Applicable" just mean "minimum" then?

Ok, let me explain it better because, for some reason, I didn't make my point in th efirst post like an ass.

1- PC Input: Mini D-sub 15-pin

2 - Applicable Scanning Format (Input): 720x480i at 60Hz

3 - Applicable PC Signals: XGA (SXGA, UXGA compressed)

Taking each line one by one:

1. Obviously just the type of connection in question.

2. If using vga from a dvd player or component video to vga converter, that is the resolution you will get.

3. When using a PC on the VGA cable, you can get any one of the three available resolitions: XGA(1024*768), SXGA (1280*1024), or UXGA(1600 x 1200 compressed down to native resolution of TV).