Do you look down upon drug users?

Do you look down upon drug users?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Do you look down upon drug users?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only those reliant on drugs for happiness / addicted drug users
    • Other

Why brainwashed, what if it truly is a personal belief? I against any sort of third party influence to the body (medicine, drugs, heck, even diets and to some point veg*nism). I believe in a naturalistic approach. Sure, I was contradicted because I loved to drink, but as of this year I've even dropped that.

Now, just for the caffeine...

i say brainwashed because the u.s. government has been showing all "illegal" drugs in a negative light. granted, most of these drugs have no real purpose other than recreational enjoyment and they truly should stay that way for everyone. i just think that they're fighting fire with fire in the methods they use to "educate" the public and in the ways they attempt to restrict it. scare tactics and strict regulations or laws will only make you the bully through fear. fear creates revolutions and oppression.

also, if it's your personal belief to be against drug use that's fine. just don't be treating me differently, looking at me differently, calling the authorities on me, or push those beliefs on me through force or otherwise. it wasn't your choice to make me take a hit off the bowl or do a rail....it was mine and mine alone. now, if i(the user) take these drugs behind the wheel of a car or other potentially threatening things to others' lives. then, by all means kick my ass, throw me in jail, etc.

be responsible.

:rofl:

Just like alcohol is "good" for you. :rolleyes:

Come on, it's a drug....it's NOT good for you. There are NO positive sides to doing pot (or any other drugs, including alcohol).

Thats all fine and great but if Im using a vapourizer and dont have to worry about carcinogens, have a healthy social life, work, go to schoo, pay my taxes.

I have yet to see anything wrong with casual pot use and Raum posted an excellent list of just some of the positive effects.

Also please dont partially quote me. It misrepresents what Im saying from lack of context (unless your more comfortable picking and choosing your points).

I used to have a heavy (though non imposing) anti pot sentiment until I tried it after a long bout of insomnia at school and stomach issues which made me lose my apetite (mostly due to stress etc).

Maybe that's because you hang out with other weed-users. :whistle:

Instead of acting all cocky why dont you take a look at this nice list of people who have openly dropped acid and this list of scientist who openly have and do smoke smoke pot. That is scientist I'm sure you could find mention of tons of other notable people who use pot.

Notice under LSD Steve Jobs and Bill Gates.

As for the main stream side of drugs check out how well Tylenol is treating the general public. NOthing like a long night of drinking (and murdering you liver) and then taking 3-4 tylenol for your hangover.

There is inherit potential for harm in virtually everything we do. Quit being so righteous.

lol, i used to think that, if you do enough e you will realise how fake it is and how fake it makes people. aslong as you aren't dropping 5+ pills because your tolerance then once in a while is ok for e.

Ectasy is a drug to avoid. I have a friend who was huge on E for awhile and has lost total short term mem loss. I doubt there is much wrong with doing it in MODERATION but the candy kids going out every weekend and taking copious amounts worry me. Not my body though.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I look down on them and think what a waste of life. Why anyone would want to kill themself is beyond me.

Reading through this thread, the above opinion recurs frequently and is the typical response of people who know little or nothing about it.

In my experience, which is considerable after 35 years of dope smoking, most people do not start taking drugs because they can't cope with their problems, but because they enjoy it. Amazing eh? After a long day at work, I find it relaxes me and heightens my enjoyment of music, films etc. Like anything else, it should be done in moderation and should not be taken by people with mental problems or nervous dispositions as it is likely to make them more unstable. But for the average user I believe, as does most of the medical profession, that regular use of dope is safer in the long term than similar use of alcohol. In the short term too, smoking dope is unlikely to result in throwing up, passing out or violence.

I don't recommend acid as I had a bad experience with it. Cocaine should only be taken very occasionally and heroin and opium are addictive and should not be taken by anyone, especially if your willpower is weak.

Bottom line is if you are already unstable, have problems or have a weak personality, you should probably stay away from drugs.

I agree that legalising cannabis would bring it out in the open and make it a safer business altogether.

Good post Isys. We seem to be on the same page.

I was talking to my friends at the skatepark about driving stoned. Was saying, yeah I can handle it no problem at all....but I know plenty of people that couldn't. Thinking about it further, most the people that couldn't were ****ty drivers to begin with, and didn't handle marijuana well either. For most people, once they get over the initial nervousness, they can drive stoned just fine...not that it's the most recommended activity for pot users. Some people just shouldn't do it, others will perform just fine.

i take drugs because its fun.. theres nothing wrong with it IMO. some drugs can really mess you up but i dont do that stuff. i just drink and smoke weed and some other stuff but nothing like ex or coke id be afraid of that stuff. ive found that most people do look down on people that do drugs but i dont understand why.. most the time people that look down are people who dont understand drugs and know nothing about them and think they just kill people.

i definitely look down on dealers, and i really pity those addicted to the stuff they sell

three guys in my class (high school) were caught smoking pot on campus last may, and they nearly got expelled. they are now my friends (i didn't know them well then, we have become closer since) and with all the sh*t they went through last summer, i've pitied them greatly. two of tehm haven't stopped, though, and they were caught again last weekend. now they can't go on the junior french trip (at my school the whole junior year builds up to a class [there are 26 of us this year] trip to france [it's a francophilic school]). i pity them greatly.

I can't look down on myself.........nor could I pass judgement on any others. 'Sides.....everything in moderation. ;)

Not to mention that my bills are up to date and I hold down two I.T. jobs. When I have time to myself I'm usually still working. I think the last time I did smoke anything was a few months. I'm not chronic, but casual enough to know my limits.