1520 BHP, How's it done?

Well, given the fact that the boost was a one-time spurt, it seemed like nitrous to me. But I'm not a car expert, so I could be wrong.

I am pretty sure it's NOS, you can hear it.

You can't hear NOS unless it's the fast and the furious... yo.

If you look to the left side of the engine compartment you can see the HUGE turbo sitting there... :woot: :woot:

Yeah, it is a gargantuan turbo and Supras have a reputation for being animals. I have a friend who has one who is in around 900-1000 horsepower and he can't keep the tires from spinning long enough to use the nitrous. It ran a 9.9 last time at the track.

Edit...

Being that it's an inline 6 cylinder, dual overhead cam, it makes it perfect to spool a single, very large turbo. Stock, most of them came with a biturbo (2 of the same turbos spooled off 3 of the cylinders) which is good if you want your power instantly, but if you can wait for it, like you can at the track or for a dyno queen, then you don't mind the lag. Also, if you pay close attention... the car is automatic. Did you hear how they had to make it shift at high rpms? This thing is built for the track... It's going to need some insane back tires though.

post-29868-1136048054.jpg

I am pretty sure it's NOS, you can hear it.

It was the dump-valve you heard.

I dont **think** NOS would have any effect on revving but Im not sure.

I think its a proper turbo in their!

Plus a good induction kit etc...

lol, did anyone read my post? I'm a car guy before I'm a geek. Seeing something like that is every day for me... I explained it in black and white ;)

That's what I thought JT. Noone wants to read the answer they just want to speculate. Surely a turbo that size is pointless in real life though?

While I'm here, why don't they supercharge it instead? My dad's constantly going on about how superchargers are better.

^

Superchargers are less mainstream because attaching them to engines is a lot harder than addiing a small turbo. turbos can also give more power, but superchargers dont have lag times if im correct. depending whether u have a root or screw supercharger u will have different power available.

i wud still rather have 2 turbos over a supercharger.

I'd say she's been bored and stroked to 3.2 or 3.4 with a massive single and probably using a bit of nos to help with spool... the list of actual engine mods would be very extensive. ( Id expect they are using plumb back and any other method they can to get that boost on reaaal fast)

That's what I thought JT. Noone wants to read the answer they just want to speculate. Surely a turbo that size is pointless in real life though?

While I'm here, why don't they supercharge it instead? My dad's constantly going on about how superchargers are better.

Superchargers are better if you lack low end torque or need your power down low. They have a flaw though.... they steal power to make power. A turbo uses the exhaust gases to spin itself, therefore, using the engine's waste to power the forced induction. With a turbo you can make much more power than with a supercharger pushing equal amounts of boost.

Someone else said it's probably bored and stroked, and you're right, it most likely is, but it may not be as revving a bored and stroked motor that high is not really something you want to be doing, especially in a boosted application. I'll bet its pushing about 38-45 psi out of that turbo and probably using water injection, alcohol injection, or nitrous to cool down the intake charge to prevent predetonation.

yea EP said everything that needs to be said

as for turbo vs supercharger debate.... I'd take both :), VW proved you can use both of them if you design the engine to match.

They got a new 1.4L (lol 1.4) with a turbo and a supercharger, produces ~140hp and ~25 kgm of torque and is fuel efficient.

Well, given the fact that the boost was a one-time spurt, it seemed like nitrous to me. But I'm not a car expert, so I could be wrong.

nvm

• 4 weeks later...

i don't care how he did it, I just want you guys to stop calling it NOS. Vin Diesel will kick your ass!!

it is nitrous oxide or NO2. NOS is a BRAND NAME Nitrous Oxide Systems.

had my rant....:)

Could be wrong but I think it's just a hugeass (probably 30lb+ boost) turbo with a good nitrous kit. I say that because of the huge spike in the dino graph. They probably got it into whatever gear, waited until the turbo was just spooling up, and hit the nitrous. I'd love to see this thing run a quarter mile. That turbo is big enough to eat women and children.... That transmission must be AMAZING to handle that much torque. I'd expect the tranny/differential/ball joints to grenade sometime...

Peace,

Pete Zaria.

i don't care how he did it, I just want you guys to stop calling it NOS. Vin Diesel will kick your ass!!

it is nitrous oxide or NO2. NOS is a BRAND NAME Nitrous Oxide Systems.

had my rant....:)

It's also a brand name which is accepted as a name for the type of product though.

See:

Sellotape (brand of sticky-tape)

Pritt Stick (brand of glue-stick)