Best HDTV

hello to you,and happy new year........i have reserved 900 pounds of hard earned money and i could stick another 300 on top of that in another month,and my problem is that i can never get a straight answer out of anyone........i want a HDTV with best resolution i want it to be 32" and i just want to be happy....i dont want it being not good enough! for example...... i know about my technology i know that the CES show will be on in a few days and i know new display technologys will be showcased and my dilema is do i wait for these things to be released and then be like "ah ****e i cant afford that" and then wish i spent my money now on a 32" 1080i HDTV and be smug that my TV will be quality for a few years or so because i know that no pleb can afford all these fancy 1080p SED and OLED TV's and that HDTV services wont offer 1080p for years anyway and sony might decide to scrap 1080p output!........i just want to feel happy because parting with 1200 quid on a TV for me is like giving a child away for some goats(assuming im starving and living on some mountains) also im terribly sorry for my terrible english i cant write properly everything comes out as one big sentance with random dots and apostriphys and bad spelling,anyway thanks! :blink:

wicked thanks! i can get that for 800 from comet aswell :-D might buy myself a nice 5.1 sound system too..........any suggestions? haha :D (i can get it for 800 from comet because i get 20% discount at comet for being special)

how would it hurt your eyes?

Lol I would love to know the same thing. It's a beautiful set and currently one of the best on the market (second only to the Sony models that also use the S-LCD panels).

Lol I would love to know the same thing. It's a beautiful set and currently one of the best on the market (second only to the Sony models that also use the S-LCD panels).

ooooooooooo,what are the 32" sony models? ive got 1200 remember and 20% discount and i do love my sony!

KDLV32XBR1 is the higher end XBR model and the KLVS32A10 is the lower end model very comparable to the Samsung I linked to above.

you got any linkage for these sonys? :alien: :D

Model numbers vary a little for the UK, but there you go:

A10 Equivalent:

http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.act...gory=TVP+LCD+TV

XBR Equivalent:

http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.act...gory=TVP+LCD+TV

thanks man! great help,as soon as next pay check is in im going down to comet and im gonna be like "that samsung one please,the sonys are too dear and i have 20% discount!" haha

i wont start annother thread but what size do people recon is good for my bedroom, my room is around 3x4 meters and i want to have something i can integrate everything into, ie use it as my pc screen, my tv, my dvd player, xbox etc...... and to what extent does brand play a role in the quality.

any examples of good screens would be great.

+it dosent need to have a tuner as i have a freveiw box but would maybe be a bonus.

how far away will you be sitting from it?

when im working on the pc up close, say 1meter away, max.

i will also want to play dvd and tv etc on it from say, 2.5 meters away

i dont want to go too small thats my worry, spending a large ammount of wonga, + i dont want something thats low quality and not compatible with the future

any help apreciated.

Edited by looseone

Hrm, how did you get a 20% discount at Comet? Is that where you work?

(I need a part-time job :()

Semi-related topic: I have no idea what is the regarded as the best anymore...with a set like this what would you reccomend:

DVD Recorder, Hard Drive recorder or *gasp* VHS