kodak camera not working

i have a problem. i've got a kodak 3.1 megapixel digital that uses AA batteries. when the energizer NiMN rechargeables died this afternoon, the idiot that i am figured putting new duracells in would be fine. well, it was fine..... at first. it turned on like normal and i could take pictures of the sea lion/dolphin show at the zoo just like normal. however, when i turned it off after the show and tried turning it back on about a half hour later, the green light blinked for about 6-8 seconds (longer than normal), the lcd didn't come on (which it always does), and the camera, essentially, did not work anymore.

well, i tried the old rechargeables that had died, hoping that, as it sometimes works, they might work for a minute or two, just to show me if the camera was okay. no go. i tried two more brand new duracells. no go. so, my question for you guys is........ is that camera broken?

Naw probably not. Charge up the batteries and it should be fine. Ive used normal cheap batteries in an emergancy over the summer and although it only lasted for about 40 shots, it got me through what I needed