You think Macs are fast?

The author of this article pits a dual 1ghz G4 machine against a Dual Athlon MP 2000+ machine and a Dell 2.53ghz Pentium 4 Northwood machine. Guess what, the Mac gets its' scrawny lil butt kicked. With that in mind, I don't see how some of you people can claim PPC is superior to x86. ;P

I bet both of those PC's used in the tests are cheaper than the dual G4 machine(we already know the PC is faster and more upgradable) , plus we all know that the PC's have alot more software and games available to them. Macs aren't anything special, LoL.

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/07...cw_macvspc2.htm

sorta old news but i think the big deal behind MACs are the 2D image quality or just quality in general. The are better for graphics not all multimedia i guess...

Originally posted by SHoTTa35

sorta old news but i think the big deal behind MACs are the 2D image quality or just quality in general. The are better for graphics not all multimedia i guess...

Blah, PC's have just as good of 2D quality(if not better) that Macs have(considering we have better video cards for the PC). The big deal behind the Mac is some people actually fall for Steve Jobs' propoganda.

Originally posted by Zombie9920

Blah, PC's have just as good 2D quality(if not better) as Macs have(considering we have better video cards for the PC). The big deal behind the Mac is some people actually fall for Steve Jobs' propoganda.

Well said, and I also noticed on Apple.com, no more, burns cds, burns dvds, burns pentiums ads, because THEY DON'T. What is going on at apple? I haven't seen them go higher than Dual 1 GHz and an 800 MHz notebook

I think its time they finaly make a IBM-compatible version of macosx. I would sure as hell buy it. If it worked with my games, hardware and otherstuff on my XP machines.

I also think M$ and hardware companies needs to make it so you can have dual boot systems running MacOS on Windows machines. Or just MacOS.

The author of this article pits a dual 1ghz G4 machine against a Dual Athlon MP 2000+ machine and a Dell 2.53ghz Pentium 4 Northwood machine. Guess what, the Mac gets its' scrawny lil butt kicked. With that in mind, I don't see how some of you people can claim PPC is superior to x86. ;P

I bet both of those PC's used in the tests are cheaper than the dual G4 machine(we already know the PC is faster and more upgradable) , plus we all know that the PC's have alot more software and games available to them. Macs aren't anything special, LoL.

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/07...cw_macvspc2.htm

If anyone hasn't told you already let me tell you something...

:D

Dual 1ghz >Dual 1.6 ghz > 2.53 ghz no small wonder the mac came in last easter chick, the processor speeds on the other two cpu's are faster.

The whole mac vs pc debate is lame and stupid. If you like to use a pc then use a beefing pc, if I like to use a mac then I'll use a porking mac. I don't need a "happy bunny" like you telling me ham that I've already debated 4 months ago.

Have a nice day.

OSX is very appealing to me... Don't know much about the current macs when it comes to hardware, but I'd gladly give up my PC that runs windows xp for a mac that runs OSX. Not only does it look better than XP, but it will be more stable and secure based on the fact that it is bsd based.

When it comes to operating systems for the average computer user, I think the PC is behind in that area. Windows XP introduced something I've been waiting for since 1995 - a new look for windows, and finally a stable OS that isn't for business or advanced computer users... But we still have a ways to go, as XP has its share of bugs and issues, and its lack of features... and lets face it, it's not UNIX, and it never will be as stable as UNIX, but UNIX itself is not appealing to the average computer user, in my opinion... so the idea of OSX is a brilliant one, as while it's based on unix, it's still user friendly, and appealing to beginners.

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

YOU'RE A ****ING MORON!

Dual 1ghz >Dual 1.6 ghz > 2.53 ghz no small wonder the mac came in last jerky, the processor speeds on the other two cpu's are faster.

The whole mac vs pc debate is lame and stupid. If you like to use a pc then use a ****in pc, if I like to use a mac then I'll use a ****ing mac. I don't need a retard like you telling me **** that I've already debated 4 months ago.

Have a nice day.

lol@the nice day :D

YOU'RE A ****ING MORON!

Dual 1ghz >Dual 1.6 ghz > 2.53 ghz no small wonder the mac came in last jerky, the processor speeds on the other two cpu's are faster.

The whole mac vs pc debate is lame and stupid. If you like to use a pc then use a ****in pc, if I like to use a mac then I'll use a ****ing mac. I don't need a retard like you telling me **** that I've already debated 4 months ago.

Have a nice day.

Geeze, getting defensive over the truth ehh? Do you really think that you look intelligent when you call people names? I think you have a little growing up to do buddy. Anyways, I'm not going to bring myself down to your childish level so I'll just finish this post by saying that morons and retards don't have an IQ of 147. Have a nice day childish one. ;P

I have a question for you before I wrap this post up. Can you communicate without swearing or is that too hard for a simple child?

entering tech mode:

The advantage of the macs are the stability and the strong compatibility, thats because mac maks almost and the hardware and all the software, thats why sometimes the pcs are so unstable, because the OS developers need to think in the big variety of hardware

Im not going to argue about the processors debate because Im not very well informed about that

About the 2d effects (overall GUI) I hate mac one, but I need to admit, the quartz engine is the most powerfull 2d engine for an os, so I disagree with you

Geeze, getting defensive over the truth ehh? Do you thik you really look intelligent when you call people names? I think you have a little growing up to do buddy. Anyways, I'm not going to bring myself down to your childish level so I'll just finish this post by saying that morons and retards don't have an IQ of 147. Have a nice day childish one. ;P

I have a question for you before I wrap this post up. Can you commute without swearing or is that too hard for a simple child?

I can tell you right now having an IQ of 147 has nothing to do with how smart you are.

Mine is still higher than yours by one point so you can bite me! NEENER NEENER NEENER! MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD! YOUR MUM WORKS AT MCDONALDS AND YOU SMELL LIKE POO!

oh and by the way while you are trying so hard to be so intelligent and mature, the word you wanted to use was communicate, not commute.

I can tell you right now having an IQ of 147 has nothing to do with how smart you are.

Mine is still higher than yours by one point so you can bite me! NEENER NEENER NEENER! MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD! YOUR MUM WORKS AT MCDONALDS AND YOU SMELL LIKE POO!

lol, thats make me laugh very hard wicked, you?re in a role

Originally posted by [saint dark]entering tech mode:

The advantage of the macs are the stability and the strong compatibility, thats because mac maks almost and the hardware and all the software, thats why sometimes the pcs are so unstable, because the OS developers need to think in the big variety of hardware

Im not going to argue about the processors debate because Im not very well informed about that

About the 2d effects (overall GUI) I hate mac one, but I need to admit, the quartz engine is the most powerfull 2d engine for an os, so I disagree with you

The quartz engine is embedded into OSX(the operating system). A PC could render the quartz engine fine if there was a x86 OS that had it embedded into the OS(like OSX). Quartz is not a hardware superiority, it is just simply written in the software.

Macs aren't all that stable either(especially in OS9). Every Mac I have used had to be rebooted at least 3 times a day because they would lock up or crash when put under a strenuous load.

Originally posted by [saint dark]

lol, thats make me laugh very hard wicked, you?re in a role >

Immature threads that beat the dead donkey ie. mac vs pc, call for completely and utterly immature responses.

Especially when they are posted by a rube who didn't bother to check the mac forum to see if one (or six) hadn't already been posted already

Macs aren't all that stable either(especially in OS9). Every Mac I have used had to be rebooted at least 3 times a day because they would lock up or crash when put under a strenuous load.

PC's aren't all that stable either(especially Windows Millenium).....

Wow it's easy when I move the goals....

--

unspec

The quartz engine is embedded into OSX(the operating system). A PC could render the quartz engine fine if there was a x86 OS that had it embedded into the OS(like OSX). Quartz is not a hardware superiority, it is just simply written in the software.

still, hardware or software, there isnt a x86 xounterpart, so still is the best

wicked, I agree, but please continue :D

Originally posted by [saint dark]

lol, thats make me laugh very hard wicked, you?re in a role >

Yes he is *on* a role of showing that he is probably 14. I'm so honored to debate with kids, I really am.

This Apple / IBM arguement is BORING BORING BORING .

And why do people on this forum feel the need to insult others all the time ( looking at Wickedkitten) just because someone has a different view than you does not make them a moron or a retard ( I find the use of that term very offensive but that my view)it makes them an individual with their own opinion .

So lets chill out .

Originally posted by unspec

PC's aren't all that stable either(especially Windows Millenium).....

Wow it's easy when I move the goals....

--

unspec

I agree that Win9x isn't stable at all. That is why there are workhorse OS'es like NT based Windows OS'es, Linux/Unix, etc. available.

also I agree, mac are not that stable, but they?re more stable than a pc

Note: Im a pc fan, but that desnt mean that I need to be a clse minded person, think about it

In fact there?s just a few os that are more stable than mac. all of them are *nix distros

(xp and w2000 in a close position however)

Originally posted by KiwiNZ

This Apple / IBM arguement is BORING BORING BORING .

And why do people on this forum feel the need to insult others all the time ( looking at Wickedkitten) just because someone has a different view than you does not make them a moron or a retard ( I find the use of that term very offensive but that my view)it makes them an individual with their own opinion .

So lets chill out .

Ahh, there is some mature life out here. Watch out, you may get called names too. :o

PS. The debate of Mac vs. PC is beaten to death. I just get sick of seeing all of these Mac biggots claim that PPC is so much better than x86 so I just took it upon myself to show that PPC isn't as fast as it is made out to be.

commute = a shorter version of the word communicate. I think commute sounds better so I said commute. Big whoopidity doo. Hell, even if you are 1 point ahead of me(I'm proud of you) that still doesn't stray from the fact that you are childish.

I'm rubber and you are glue pal, you hear me? GLUE!