You think Macs are fast?

Originally posted by Zombie9920

commute = a shorter version of the word communicate.

don't feel particularly wanting to join in another mac vs pc argument here, but anyways:

commute doesn't mean a shorter version of the word communicate. I am not sure where you got that, but commute means to substitute or exchange, getting from one place to another, and to pay in gross, usually at reduced rate...

btw, if you disagree, look it up.

I agree that Win9x isn't stable at all. That is why there are workhorse OS'es like NT based Windows OS'es, Linux/Unix, etc. available.

UNIX based, ahh you mean OS X.

--

unspec

Here, let me get it out in the open for both sides:

Macs suck monkeys! They are slow and only fairies use them!

Only idiots use PC's! WinXP is a Fisher price OS that crashes every hour!

Everyone feel better?:p :evil: :D

in every theread like this, the mac users allways start flames because they try to proove us the their mac's are better then pc's...

i saught someone saying that he would like that ms creats the same number of progs for mac os too... lol dat's completely false and will never happen, ms hates mac, why whould they make softwear for it?

macs cost wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muccchhh $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the $|-|!T that u get... and a pc is way too easy to upgrade and well faster too... for the graphics questions, in the games, do u see a diff on a mac or a pc? no, i personnaly didn't saught a diff between my pc version of 4x4evo2 and the mac version of my friend... the only diff is the icons, and the way that macs look that u guys fall off...

about stabily, NOOOOO WAY a pc beats up a mac in stability wayyy too far!

run a mac os and a linux, see who crashes more often and see who got the logest up time, windows is full of bugs because of the number of progs that runs on it... if u run windows without any programs installed, u will see that i wont go down very often either...

well dats how i think, if u want BEEF pm me

commute = a shorter version of the word communicate. I think commute sounds better so I said commute. Big whoopidity doo. Hell, even if you are 1 point ahead of me(I'm proud of you) that still doesn't stray from the fact that you are childish.

commute Pronunciation Key (k-myt)

v. commuted, commuting, commutes

v. intr.

1. To travel as a commuter.

1. To make substitution or exchange.

2. To serve as a substitute.

3. To pay in gross, usually at a reduced rate, rather than in individual payments.

4. Mathematics & Logic. To satisfy or engage in a commutative operation.

v. tr.

1. To substitute (one thing for another); exchange.

2. To change (a penalty, debt, or payment) to a less severe one.

n.

An act or instance of commuting, especially the trip made by a commuter: a 22-mile commute; an easy commute.

you must know something that the dictionary companies arent letting the rest of us know about.

following your logic "and" must be a shortened term for ANDYS HAVING SEX WITH A PANDA

Originally posted by unspec

UNIX based, ahh you mean OS X.

--

unspec

OSX may be built on Unix, however all of the graphical eye candy in OSX makes it makes it more crash/freeze prone than a simple GUIless Unix OS. Even Jobs may be abandoning PPC in favor of x86.

Read the bottom of this article. If there is any truth in it we may be seeing x86 Macs.

http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?...StoryID=1214469

From the article,

-------------------------------------------------

Some analysts have also urged Apple to move to microchips from Intel Corp. INTC.O from those made by Motorola Inc. MOT.N and International Business Machines Corp. IBM.N to cut costs.

Asked about that possibility, Jobs said that first the company had to finish the transition to the OS X operating system, expected around the end of this year.

"Then we'll have options, and we like to have options," he said.

------------------------------------------------

OSX may be built on Unix, however all of the graphical eye candy in OSX makes it makes it more crash//freeze prone than a simple and Unix OS. Even Jobs may be abandoning PPC in favor of x86.

Read the bottom of this article. If there is any truth in it we may be seeing x86 Macs.

http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?...StoryID=1214469

From the article,

-------------------------------------------------

Some analysts have also urged Apple to move to microchips from Intel Corp. INTC.O from those made by Motorola Inc. MOT.N and International Business Machines Corp. IBM.N to cut costs.

Asked about that possibility, Jobs said that first the company had to finish the transition to the OS X operating system, expected around the end of this year.

"Then we'll have options, and we like to have options," he said.

------------------------------------------------

Crash prone? Strage, I get months of uptime, rebooting for occasional software updates. OS X is a VERY stable OS.

I can't believe you're really stupid enough to bring up the worst of all the troll posts "OS X on x86".

You could have at least looked at a story with the whole quote!

Just for you - here it is....

Steve Jobs: "The roadmap on the PowerPC actually looks pretty good and there are some advantages to it. As an example, the PowerPC has something in it called AltiVec, we call the Velocity Engine -- it's a vector engine -- it dramatically accelerates media, much better than, as an example, the Intel processors or the AMD processors... so we actually eek out a fair amount of performance from these things when all is said and done. And the roadmap looks pretty good. Now, as you point out, once our transition to Mac OS 10 is complete, which I expect will be around the end of this year or sometime early next year and we get the top 20% of our installed base running 10, and I think the next 20 will come very rapidly after that. Then we'll have options, then we'll have options and we like to have options. But right now, between Motorola and IBM, the roadmap looks pretty decent. "

So he was saying that he likes the PPC roadmap, but options are good. If anything, it's a pro-PPC statement.

Hardly "Jobs may be abandoning PPC in favor of x86"

:right:

Now, get back under that bridge.

--

unspec

Impulfusion is here to save us all HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD!

Originally posted by Impulfusion

in every theread like this, the mac users allways start flames because they try to proove us the their mac's are better then pc's...

woooo whos the one that started the thread hmm? I don't think it was a mac user!

i saught someone saying that he would like that ms creats the same number of progs for mac os too... lol dat's completely false and will never happen, ms hates mac, why whould they make softwear for it?

yeah, MS hates Apple so much they get mad when Mac Users refuse to buy Office X, and refuse to use WMP for OSX, and don't like MSN Messenger for OSX. They hate Apple so much that they have an entire division that makes software for the mac. Please don't be jealous cos our version of Office looks better and runs better than yours, it's just that mac users don't put up with the same shoddy quality offerings that pc users do. We make them work harder.

macs cost wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muccchhh $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the $|-|!T that u get... and a pc is way too easy to upgrade and well faster too... for the graphics questions, in the games, do u see a diff on a mac or a pc? no, i personnaly didn't saught a diff between my pc version of 4x4evo2 and the mac version of my friend... the only diff is the icons, and the way that macs look that u guys fall off...

Seriously and truly, was the that bit of your post inspired by Ballmer? wooooooooooooooooo give it up for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ahhhhhhhhhhh ooooooooooooh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

about stabily, NOOOOO WAY a pc beats up a mac in stability wayyy too far!

way too far? many rivers to cross? celine dion said what?

run a mac os and a linux, see who crashes more often and see who got the logest up time, windows is full of bugs because of the number of progs that runs on it... if u run windows without any programs installed, u will see that i wont go down very often either...

whats the point of running Windows with no programs installed? Thats like me sitting here looking at the wall all day, there's no point. Thats like saying well yeah a Ford Fiesta will beat a Jaguar in a race......if the Jaguar doesn't have any petrol on it.

As for you not going down very often I think you might want to keep that tidbit of knowledge in between you and your girlfriend :s

well dats how i think, if u want BEEF pm me [/b]

If I want beef I'll call my butcher thank you very much!

this does get boring over and over again...

macs are NOT faster, they are misunderstood. I do agree, as most apple users would, that Apple needs to bump up its processors, but definately NOT move to the x86 platform. OSX 10.1 is more stable than XP, uses a technology microsoft is bound to copy (quartz), and has the ability to use unix software.

windows XP (no matter what you people say) is unstable. I do use it, every day and i am forced to reboot every day. At least once a week i get a Blue Screen due to my sound blaster audigy, and its digitally unsigned drivers. With the macintosh OS, that is not a problem.

Also, the "bloatware".

- Windows has useless bloatware, such as

1. Windows Movie Maker

2. System Restore

3. "Help and Support"

4. Windows Messenger

5. Files and Settings Transfer Wizard

6. Windows Media Player

all this bloatware is useless as none of it has any useful functions.

The apple bloatware *which has uses*

1. iMovie/iDVD - these actually do something. like add text effects to movies, unlike WMM

2. iTunes - A useful media player. With iTunes3, you can have smart playlists and Rondevoux support.

3. iChat - a useful aim client that uses rondevoux.

Also, it has built in DVD support, as Windows Media Player can not unless you buy a DVD pack.

The speed thing really doesnt matter to me, its system stability, and features of an OS.

[edit]

another point... microsoft had that steve ballmer thing going on when he was dancing like a monkey. Thats a pc turn off. hehe...

one more point.

Microsoft Office X: has twice the features Office XP does, and looks twice as good.

[/edit]

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

Impulfusion is here to save us all HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD!

woooo whos the one that started the thread hmm? I don't think it was a mac user!

yeah, MS hates Apple so much they get mad when Mac Users refuse to buy Office X, and refuse to use WMP for OSX, and don't like MSN Messenger for OSX. They hate Apple so much that they have an entire division that makes software for the mac. Please don't be jealous cos our version of Office looks better and runs better than yours, it's just that mac users don't put up with the same shoddy quality offerings that pc users do. We make them work harder.

Seriously and truly, was the that bit of your post inspired by Ballmer? wooooooooooooooooo give it up for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ahhhhhhhhhhh ooooooooooooh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

way too far? many rivers to cross? celine dion said what?

whats the point of running Windows with no programs installed? Thats like me sitting here looking at the wall all day, there's no point. Thats like saying well yeah a Ford Fiesta will beat a Jaguar in a race......if the Jaguar doesn't have any petrol on it.

As for you not going down very often I think you might want to keep that tidbit of knowledge in between you and your girlfriend :s

If I want beef I'll call my butcher thank you very much!

lol first, i said that in every thread like this a mac user starts a falme, but the guy who started the thread wasent flamming, so u dind't got it right...

"Seriously and truly, was the that bit of your post inspired by Ballmer? wooooooooooooooooo give it up for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ahhhhhhhhhhh ooooooooooooh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek"

lol, dats a way to say that it's realllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy expensiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee forrrrrrrrrrrr notttiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggg

blah, anywayz i wont continue all the other part of the quote..

MAC SUX and PC WILL ALLWAYS BEAT IT

lol first, i said that in every thread like this a mac user starts a falme, but the guy who started the thread wasent flamming, so u dind't got it right...

"Seriously and truly, was the that bit of your post inspired by Ballmer? wooooooooooooooooo give it up for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ahhhhhhhhhhh ooooooooooooh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek"

lol, dats a way to say that it's realllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy expensiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee forrrrrrrrrrrr notttiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggg

blah, anywayz i wont continue all the other part of the quote..

what... are you twelve?

if u run windows without any programs installed, u will see that i wont go down very often either

If i never drive my car anywhere it will crash less too. :rolleyes:

Well, have fun playing....uh...solitaire.

--

unspec

The author of this article pits a dual 1ghz G4 machine against a Dual Athlon MP 2000+ machine and a Dell 2.53ghz Pentium 4 Northwood machine. Guess what, the Mac gets its' scrawny lil butt kicked. With that in mind, I don't see how some of you people can claim PPC is superior to x86. ;P

LOL, that's like saying "My 2Ghz Athlon KICKED THE **** out of my mate's PIII 450!! Take that Intel!"

Until you have a legitimate argument to back up this "blanket statement" of yours i recommend you keep quiet. You only serve to make yourself out to be a fool...:rolleyes:

They have their advantages and disadvantages, just like Intel PC's. I never thought i would own a mac, but now that i have one I am extremely happy with it. Raw power is not everything....

Originally posted by Keldyn

Until you have a legitimate argument to back up this "blanket statement" of yours i recommend you keep quiet. You only serve to make yourself out to be a fool...:rolleyes:

They have their advantages and disadvantages, just like Intel PC's. I never thought i would own a mac, but now that i have one I am extremely happy with it. Raw power is not everything....

You own a mac, I'm going to be keeping a lookout for the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse cos the world is coming to an end.

Originally posted by giantsnyy2002

macs are NOT faster, they are misunderstood. I do agree, as most apple users would, that Apple needs to bump up its processors, but definately NOT move to the x86 platform. OSX 10.1 is more stable than XP, uses a technology microsoft is bound to copy (quartz), and has the ability to use unix software.

windows XP (no matter what you people say) is unstable. I do use it, every day and i am forced to reboot every day. At least once a week i get a Blue Screen due to my sound blaster audigy, and its digitally unsigned drivers. With the macintosh OS, that is not a problem.

Also, the "bloatware".

1. Windows Movie Maker

2. System Restore

3. "Help and Support"

4. Windows Messenger

6. Windows Media Player

1. iMovie/iDVD - these actually do something. like add text effects to movies, unlike WMM

2. iTunes - A useful media player. With iTunes3, you can have smart playlists and Rondevoux support.

Also, it has built in DVD support, as Windows Media Player can not unless you buy a DVD pack.

The speed thing really doesnt matter to me, its system stability, and features of an OS.

[edit]

another point... microsoft had that steve ballmer thing going on when he was dancing like a monkey. Thats a pc turn off. hehe...

one more point.

Microsoft Office X: has twice the features Office XP does, and looks twice as good.

[/edit]

First off, everyone that yells about how overdone and how your so sick of hearing of this debate then dont read these forums. I personaly like the PC but also have much respect for the MAC. I like to hear from both sides as many others do as well. There is no reason to go beyond the discussion and attack the person. Attack the issue. And for the "bloatware" issue. Thats your oppinion. To be honest I find uses along with a million other users for the microsoft system restore, messenger, wmp etc. I like all of these features and programs. I use them over the competition. Apple also has their software which most of the MAC users enjoy and use all the time over their competition. I would be ****ed at Microsoft and Apple if we pay all this money for their OS and they didnt give us any programs. If you dont like them then download or buy from the competition. I run all of these features and use them and yet my system doesn't crash. I do everything from beta testing to web developement, multimedia tasks, games etc and yet XP for me runs excellent. I know a number of happy MAC users as well. Both are great operating systems and if you dont like apple or dont like microsoft keep the forum going thats what its about.. but stop attacking the people. Peace Out.

Originally posted by Keldyn

I've about had it with members calling each others names.

Next time I see this it's a 1 week ban for anyone calling someone else a name.

Grow up or get off the board.

deadzombie

Neowin Moderator

Rightously ****ed Off

[/post edited]

Originally posted by giantsnyy2002

Also, the "bloatware".

1. Windows Movie Maker

2. System Restore

3. "Help and Support"

4. Windows Messenger

6. Windows Media Player

[edit]

one more point.

[/edit]

If Windows XP is so unstable then explain my current uptime. I play gmaes on this machine, surf the web, watch videos, listen to MP3's, do work in Office XP, play around with photoshop, etc. and it doesn't crash on me(2.53ghz Pentium 4 Northwood, 384MB of Ram).uptime.jpg

Here, let me get it out in the open for both sides:

Macs suck monkeys! They are slow and only fairies use them!

Only idiots use PC's! WinXP is a Fisher price OS that crashes every hour!

hehe... Thats good, really good. Good points for both sides, and im not joking, cept for the fairy part. That scares me
First off, everyone that yells about how overdone and how your so sick of hearing of this debate then dont read these forums. I personaly like the PC but also have much respect for the MAC. I like to hear from both sides as many others do as well. There is no reason to go beyond the discussion and attack the person. Attack the issue. And for the "bloatware" issue. Thats your oppinion. To be honest I find uses along with a million other users for the microsoft system restore, messenger, wmp etc. I like all of these features and programs. I use them over the competition. Apple also has their software which most of the MAC users enjoy and use all the time over their competition. I would be ****ed at Microsoft and Apple if we pay all this money for their OS and they didnt give us any programs. If you dont like them then download or buy from the competition. I run all of these features and use them and yet my system doesn't crash. I do everything from beta testing to web developement, multimedia tasks, games etc and yet XP for me runs excellent. I know a number of happy MAC users as well. Both are great operating systems and if you dont like apple or dont like microsoft keep the forum going thats what its about.. but stop attacking the people. Peace Out.

i didnt attack the guy, not at all. I like both PC and mac also, its just that the mac appeals more to me in the operating system category.

personally i want a mac now, yes, they are slower but as i dont really play games on my pc now, i would rather be using a mac (never thought i'd be saying that, lol)

as long as its as stable as my machine running xp (has never crashed under XP)

and can handle between 20 and 50 IE windows open at one time (i shift-click in the mornings when i check the 3 forums i regularly visit: neowin, rage3d and teamxbox) i would gladly make the switch, preferably to an ibook with a writer ( OSX of course)

Originally posted by BroChaos

Zombie9920: Just out of curiousity, how many hours per week do you spend on a mac?

I dont think he hears you now

he's on the moon......with steve :alien:

Macs aren't all that stable either(especially in OS9). Every Mac I have used had to be rebooted at least 3 times a day because they would lock up or crash when put under a strenuous load.

Okay, first of all Mac os x has only had one kernel panic on me (I use both mac and pc). Besides that its never frozen. Windows XP is also very stable if you leave the computer how it is, but when you start upgrading stuff and changing drivers than it BSOD's.

Now see, macs and pcs are made to do different things. I use my PC mainly for gaming, while I use my mac for productivity. You're trying to compare apples and oranges and its not gonna work. Everyone is going to have their opnion and not budge on it so this debate is useless. Both platforms have theirs ups and downs and we should just live together in hapiness not bashing users of other computers, its kinda being racist. You have to look at WHY They use the computer be it for gaming or productivity.