Z-Tweaked Nvidia ForceWare Driver

This is Modded Nvidia ForceWare Driver , For Gaming ! It Increased my fps :D ( Dunno how much , I didnt do benchmark test before and after installing Z-Tweaked driver , But im sure it increases fps a lot )

I got low FPS on Rome Total War with original driver ( latest version ) And it was slowwwww , And I noticed that ZepheR ( Z-Tweaked driver creator ) released his driver , It's v8212 based on beta version , After I installed it , The game runs like 10 times faster ! I was like "OMG WOW ! THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!" I Can't believe it ! :p And FPS increases on other games too...

Anyways, I use GeForce FX5200 :)

You guys should try it out :)

http://www.thezproject.org

Oh, Im new to Neowin :D

thanks..ill give it a try

edit: im gonna do a video stress test on source before and after installing these drivers to give people an idea if they help or not.

edit: im gonna do a video stress test on source before and after installing these drivers to give people an idea if they help or not.

Great! Thanks for running the tests, I'd be playing mainly CS:Source too as well as World of Warcraft and some Call of Duty 2. I'd love to see what your results are.

These are my specs:

Pentium D 820 w/ Dual Core Technology (2.80GHz, 800FSB)

1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz

256MB PCI Express x16 nVidia GeForce 6800

--

SS of settings:

settings.jpg

Before Z-Tweak:

beforeztweak.jpg

After Z-Tweak:

afterztweak.jpg

HUGE Performance BOOST !

I only had X-Fire and Steam running while doing the tests btw.

Your results will vary though !

I have a funny feeling the video quality was shot to low. What tweaks could this guy possibly be doing to increase the performance that much otherwise?

let me play a few maps and ill answer it. from watching the stress test it looks the same, cant tell a diffrence with my eyes anyway.

Edited by Southanbred

Yeah, I'd also like to know what was "tweaked". Call me a cynic but if it seems to good to be true, it usually is.

I'm scepticle, would like to see some more benchmarks and maybe some image quality screens. Hopefully a site will post comparisons soon. Seems too good to be true, but I hope it isn't.

I just got these drivers installed at home and after install every option in "Performance & Quality Settings" was set to "LOW" or "OFF" so yeah it does affect the image quality unless this is some sort of bug in the drivers, I changed back my settings to "Application-Controlled" and set "Image Settings" to "Quality". I'm about to play some World of Warcraft I'll update this post and let people know if there is any difference.

Image quality is definitely sacrificed, will be back with screenshots

Thanks.

So, ummmm, are these any faster AT ALL? Or are they just standard drivers with all the quality settings turned down?

Settings

1024x768 High with no AA, AF 4X

Z-Tweaked 82.12

http://www3.telus.net/pingsam/S/crap.JPG

Nvidia 82.12

http://www3.telus.net/pingsam/S/normal.JPG

There's your proof :o

Yeah seems like all it does is turn everything to low or off, AA, AF etc and they arent application controlled either so whatever you set it to inside the game don't matter... :/

lol ! So thats why GeForce FX5200 gets better , Coz I had all Low and Off settings :\ But it works best with low quality cards hah

So its good for me :D !