Sugar Bowl

thats just crazy. Here in Baton Rouge, win or lose, we just go back to all the tailgate parties and eat and drink till its all gone. good times.

thats just crazy. Here in Baton Rouge, win or lose, we just go back to all the tailgate parties and eat and drink till its all gone. good times.

They just do it for the really BIG games...The rivalry between Virginia and West Virginia is insane. We went to Morgantown for the game in 2003 and we say car batteries thrown through VT car windows and full coke bottles thrown into the VT section of the stands. Its a war zone when the two of our schools play (especially in WV). I guess West Virginians have to let their aggression out at some point...you can only hear about being married to your sister and having sex with your aunt so many time before you blow up. :laugh:

ahh gotcha. well i don't advocate destruction of property, and certainly not anything that could cause injury... but tradition is tradition, haha.

ahh gotcha. well i don't advocate destruction of property, and certainly not anything that could cause injury... but tradition is tradition, haha.

:laugh:

Pretty mild evening really. Most of the students are still out of town but the bars were packed. I watched with all my friends at the restaurant/bar I work at (dreaming in digital should know it, boston beanery.. theres one in blacksburgh too). AWESOME game though. I think WVU kind of laid down in the 2nd quarter after taking a 28-0 lead, but I don't care, we still won :)

The bad fans things goes both ways really. People come to WVU almost wanting to fight with our fans after hearing the stories. Overall its a pretty fun time but some stupid stuff does happen occasionally in post-game rage. Last year after the texas tech victory (going to elite 8), they flipped a car on grant st [major party street] and burned it. Pretty sure a dozen+ got kicked out of school for that.

Edit - Its AWESOME to see Notre Dame tied for WVU in the bowl loss streak. I wanted them to win, but HAHA. Big schools can stop talking now.

Yeah, I'm not a big ND fan either... I secretly chuckle at their bowl loss streak. Just for fun, I looked up our (LSU) bowl history and we're actually under .500 (doh!) with a 17-18-1 record. Interestingly enough, our first bowl was a loss to TCU in the Sugar Bowl by a score of 3-2 in 1936.

I thought this game was great. I thought Georgia was overrated coming into the game.

In the SEC Championship Game they hit 2 long passed for TDs but did nothing else. Shockley only completes 55% of his passes (not impressive!) Take away those 2 TD plays and he did nothing in that game. LSU came out flat and tired, and had no momentum... if LSU would have had some rest it would have been no contest ---> not as bad as the U game though.

Good to see a overconfident Georgia team get stomped.

yes, that is what it is :D

It is a little more than that though, it is played 'on a big stage' if you will, there is a bunch of money involved with the Sugar Bowl & 3 other 'BCS' games. The other bowl games pay money as well, just not as much as these.

It's big time, I have been to a couple Sugar Bowls.... :D

FYI the Sugar Bowl and 3 other bowls have been rotating each year as the host of the National Championship game, I think this changes next year when there will be another game at the same site of each BCS bowl, but played a week later- this will be The National Championship.......

hahahahahahah georgia sucks! so does auburn. so much for that tough SEC defense ;)

oh, and convick is a total thug, and should be suspended permanently from the VT team. after getting underaged girls drunk and having sex with them, getting pulled over speeding with possession of weed, flipping off the crowd, and then deliberately stepping on someones leg with cleats, and intentionally trying to hurt him, you just don't deserve any more chances than that. the guy is completely classless.

/\ Yea that was a real trash move...There is no excuse for cleating someone intentionally (even if its retaaliation for something). After all that VT has done for him and his family he has shown no class or respect for the school. That **** makes the team look terrible in front of the nation. When he got busted with the girls I thought "no biggie...tons of chicks look like they are 18 when they aren't". Then the weed...I said "Well....it IS college ya know". Then he flipped of the WVU crowed on TV, which ticked me off a little. Now this just really ****ed me off. I'm ashamed for him...He makes the University look like a damn Florida school.

Haha, then you'll like this one. As usual, we (well, our fraternity at OU) planned our Victory Party for the Saturday night after the first game of the season, TCU this season. Well, as everyone now knows, we ended up LOSING that game. So we got our shirts modified before they shipped out to us to say "Not Victory Party" and below that, "Win Or Lose, We Still Booze" haha :laugh:

Dreaming in Digital.. he also pushed one of our assistant coaches pretty hard when he was coming off of our sidelines. Theres video of it, but it didn't get much press for some reason. He's a dirty player.

Haha, then you'll like this one. As usual, we (well, our fraternity at OU) planned our Victory Party for the Saturday night after the first game of the season, TCU this season. Well, as everyone now knows, we ended up LOSING that game. So we got our shirts modified before they shipped out to us to say "Not Victory Party" and below that, "Win Or Lose, We Still Booze" haha :laugh:

Yep, I've definitely been to a party like that... in '97 when we beat #1 Florida, but then lost to Ole Miss 2 weeks later (after the bye). Sad times.

Yep, I've definitely been to a party like that... in '97 when we beat #1 Florida, but then lost to Ole Miss 2 weeks later (after the bye). Sad times.

I remember that all too well :angry:

That was my 1st semester at LSU, I still have the shirt and program from the Florida game :D

I hate Ole Miss more than any other university, I'm glad we have been beating their ass lately

Vick sucks, what a thug