Audigy 2 ZS 1394 port driver

Does anyone know a updated driver for the Audigy 2 ZS' 1394 FireWire port? I have problems with a external firewire box Im using and maybe if it update the Audigy's drivers it'll work (or better). I cant seem to use the one off the Creative CD because it gives me a error. If someone could extract it, .RAR it and upload it OR give me a updated version thanks.

Have you looked on the Creative website? What problems are you having. Are you sure it is with the Audigy card?

Creative's site has terrible driver/support.

When ever I try to transfer something big (such as a DVD image of 4.35GB) the drive automatically disconnects thus breaking the transfer. I dont know if its the card's problem; thats why I wanna update it and see if that fixes it.

I wanna use Creative's 1394 driver not Microsoft's.

Creative's site has terrible driver/support.

When ever I try to transfer something big (such as a DVD image of 4.35GB) the drive automatically disconnects thus breaking the transfer. I dont know if its the card's problem; thats why I wanna update it and see if that fixes it.

I wanna use Creative's 1394 driver not Microsoft's.

ok have you tried thier driver/software autoupdate page?

I get the same problem whne using any large file sonto a firewire device both with The audigy 2zs firewire port & the onboard one with my mobo.

http://www.soundblaster.com/language.asp?s...ownloads/su.asp

^ Creatives Autoupdate selection page

http://www.soundblaster.com/support/

^ all creative drivers

FYI Creatives tech support & drivers section is as simple as it gets mate, has been for 12-18months since the new autoupdate.

ok have you tried thier driver/software autoupdate page?

I get the same problem whne using any large file sonto a firewire device both with The audigy 2zs firewire port & the onboard one with my mobo.

http://www.soundblaster.com/language.asp?s...ownloads/su.asp

^ Creatives Autoupdate selection page

http://www.soundblaster.com/support/

^ all creative drivers

FYI Creatives tech support & drivers section is as simple as it gets mate, has been for 12-18months since the new autoupdate.

Like I said their support/drivers suck but Ill give this a try.

Nope...no major driver update. And im not installing those Web updated ones; they are alot worse than the default ones.

If someone could upload the ones that come on the CD thanks.

Edited by rIaHc3

Didn't Creative opt for their own specification for firewire, rather than complying with the official spec? If so it's possible that it may not operate properly and you'll need to buy an addin card or use a port on your motherboard (if you have one). Creative has terrible support and that is why I now avoid them... whatever the problem, good luck trying to fix it. :)

how can you state their online web drivers suck mate?

For one they give you full OpenAL compatiblity and proper EAX 4 HD with better THX support & final DVDAudio support. The drivers issued with the product do not allow 100% compatiblity with THX or OpenAL. and actually run a beta for DVDAudio.

The reasons above are enough to update the drivers couple that with lowered system overheads which has helped in games that support EAX4 HD allowing true positional audio & an increase in frame rates (due to less cpu overheads).

I take it your using the default drivers from the CL cd from card install, therefore the firewire is allready using Creatives driver and not the MS one from XP internally.

Have you actually tried the web update ones because they might actually resolve the problem or are you just stating nope im not willing to try because you reckon they suck?

As i stated before ive had problems with both my onboard firewire and my audigy 2zs firewire problem and figured out its to to with caching on writeable drives via firewire, swapped them across to their usb 2 connections and whala no more master write failures on the MFT$

By all means post some proof, to why these new improved drivers are worse than the first released drivers for the audigy 2zs back in 2003 escapes me, heck DX9c wasnt even an itch in Bill Gates pants back then! Considering EAX & D3D sound use DX9, its a bit crazy to assume that the drivers created before DX9c are better for DX9c.....

> they are coming for you> it is a standard Firewire that is i-Link compatible and conforms to ISO IEEE 1394 (FireWire) world standards mate. :)

Edited by Mando

• 1 month later...

how can you state their online web drivers suck mate?

For one they give you full OpenAL compatiblity and proper EAX 4 HD with better THX support & final DVDAudio support. The drivers issued with the product do not allow 100% compatiblity with THX or OpenAL. and actually run a beta for DVDAudio.

The reasons above are enough to update the drivers couple that with lowered system overheads which has helped in games that support EAX4 HD allowing true positional audio & an increase in frame rates (due to less cpu overheads).

I take it your using the default drivers from the CL cd from card install, therefore the firewire is allready using Creatives driver and not the MS one from XP internally.

Have you actually tried the web update ones because they might actually resolve the problem or are you just stating nope im not willing to try because you reckon they suck?

Ive tried them out; Result: BSOD, Freezing of PC, Incompatibiliy with my mouse...I believe those reasons alone are gonna make me not want to use Creative's web drivers.