• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Quicktime 6

linux2    0

Can anyone explain to me the point of having a stand-alone QT6 player when all the content insists on opening in a frickkin web browser? I mean really. . .why isn't the player itself smart enough to display a movie preview or a TV channel? The honeymoon with my first Mac is quickly coming to an end. Of course it doesn't help that my eMac is going in for repairs after only 3 weeks of usage. The screen decided to go *poof* and fade to black. Even when it works, it now has an obnoxious blurryness in the middle of the screen. Becoming an unhappy switcher in short order.

Wickedkitten    12
Originally posted by linux2

Can anyone explain to me the point of having a stand-alone QT6 player when all the content insists on opening in a frickkin web browser? I mean really. . .why isn't the player itself smart enough to display a movie preview or a TV channel? The honeymoon with my first Mac is quickly coming to an end. Of course it doesn't help that my eMac is going in for repairs after only 3 weeks of usage. The screen decided to go *poof* and fade to black. Even when it works, it now has an obnoxious blurryness in the middle of the screen. Becoming an unhappy switcher in short order.

Have you ticked the "open movies in new player" option?