New XBOX live trailer

I have seen this before before but the initial XBox Live video was funny. The one where darkmaster plays crusher and looses and in the end they find out that it is a little girl that is actually crusher. If anyone has a link to this please post it, i really want to see it again.

neo1980,

How come Madden NFL 2003 & NFL 2K3 got better reviews for the PS2 version than the Xbox version? (from ign.com)

;)

:D

Just something fun to think about...

you go on & on how Xbox "rules" but there's no good games out for the system.

:x

Eye candy doesn't equal good game.

:p

Originally posted by neo1980

For 56kers

Too bad if you have 56k you can't go online with the Xbox...

;)

PS2 you can though,

the only 'limitation' is that if you're on a narrowband connection you can't play with as many people as people broadband connection.

But at lease you can play...

&

you don't have to pay $50 a year to play either!

Originally posted by Dead Messiah

;)

56K'ers possibly could go online through their PC using ICS, no? :ponder:

Originally posted by Tager

56K'ers possibly could go online through their PC using ICS, no? :ponder:

I don't own a PC so I'll have to upgrade to broadband.

Although if I get an Xbox with Unreal champioship and the lovely ability to play divx files (well) then I'll be upgrading anyway :p

If you get the PS2 Linux Kit (which I think you said you didn't want to get before-but...), you can download a DivX player for Linux to view DivX files (not sure if there is one out for Linux OS but a suggestion).

:ermm:

;)

PS2 you can though,

the only 'limitation' is that if you're on a narrowband connection you can't play with as many people as people broadband connection.

But at lease you can play...

&

you don't have to pay $50 a year to play either!

Well technically it would be possible to play online on the Xbox on 56k with one player, i have monitored the packets sent between the Xbox and the Internet when using Gamespy and if you are not hosting then your upload does not go above 5k.

Well where we pay ?50 a year for all games you pay ?10 a month for individual games, i'll let you do the maths.

I guess it depends on what you want, either gameplay with no lag (all broadband, XBox) or gameplay with lots of lag (People with 56k's playing wiht people on Broadband, PS2).

Originally posted by Dazzla

Yes, I'm quite aware of that. I'm talking about Divx though.

Yeah if you have a modded Xbox then you can get the Xbox Media Player and that wil play DivX files and also MPEG, MP3, AVI. When it gets finished it will go opensource and then you can add as many codecs as you want.

If you get the PS2 Linux Kit (which I think you said you didn't want to get before-but...), you can download a DivX player for Linux to view DivX files (not sure if there is one out for Linux OS but a suggestion).

:ermm:

I have a PS2 at the moment, so I have 2 choices.

1) Buy the $200 linux kit to play divx movies and linux software.

2)Buy a $200 Xbox to play Divx movies, MP3 jukebox, Emulation, DVD's etc etc. and Xbox games

It's appealing simply because it's not a OS under the TV, I have a PC for that.

neo1980,

How come Madden NFL 2003 & NFL 2K3 got better reviews for the PS2 version than the Xbox version? (from ign.com)

;)

Just something fun to think about...

you go on & on how Xbox "rules" but there's no good games out for the system.

:x

Eye candy doesn't equal good game.

erm, the xbox and ps2 versions are identical in gameplay and visuals. The xbox.ign.com editors gave the xbox one a lower score, because it was a straight port of the ps2 game. They think that it should have better graphics. Secondly, xbox is getting two killer football title: NFL Fever, and NFL 2k3, both which are going to sopport online gameplay. And Madden on xbox doesnt even supposrt online gameplay, while the ps3 versions does. Just something EA did because of thier 'partnership' with Sony...

just the facts ;)

Originally posted by velocity3k

I guess it depends on what you want, either gameplay with no lag (all broadband, XBox) or gameplay with lots of lag (People with 56k's playing wiht people on Broadband, PS2).

Actually, Sony was intelligent enough to think about this and they have actually said that narrowband will run just as smooth in a game like the broadband will. Just because the PS2 actually supports dial-up doesn't mean it's going to have "lots of lag." Actually, IMO, this is going to bring more players to the PS2 and actually give us a broader range of people to play with. There's going to be many, many teams out there to play against on Madden 2003.. and I can't wait :)

Narrowband will be as smooh as Broadband, is that a joke?. No matter how high a compression you use 56k's will not be as smooth as Cable or xDSL. And say that someone is one a crappy ISP for their 56k service and they are connecting at 28.8k how will gameplay be affected then, it will not be a smooth match.

sony incorporating a 56k modem in their adapter is a pretty good thing. i'm wondering how many xbox owners out there don't have access to broadband (minus satellite since i heard it stinks). i'd be pretty upset if i couldn't take my xbox online because my area didn't have broadband access yet, whereas my neighbor with his ps2 could be enjoying some online gaming action whether it's smooth or not.

i'm not xbox hating or anything, just commenting on sony's broadband adapter :) i have a ps2 and my brother has an xbox and i must say they're both great systems. i shall be picking up an xbox for myself eventually (hopefully the price will go down a lil bit more..maybe around christmas time?)

im kinda late.. but i think it looks pretty cool. unreal and halo will be where it's at with live IMHO. ok well i will sit back and wait for it to hit the stores and then i will buy it all up at one time since that will be pretty cool.