Canadian Juniors Gold Medal Winners!

*stands at attention as the National Anthem plays* Was there any doubt lads and lasses that Canada would win the Gold? I didn't think so!!!!

I don't know what your talking about.....

IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship. Its hockey..thats all us canadians care about eh?

This is absolutly amazing! 2 years in a row.

Ya, the russian goalie slammed his stick on the ground 10 times and dove over the boards in tears

CONGRATS CANADA!

The Best Part:

Watching it on the TV station here, at one point a russian stole the puck from one of the Canadians and the announcer was like "And the puck is stolen by <<Player's Name>>........and no one cares..."

I was playing a game on my PC at the time and I was like "What did he just say?"

Funniest moment ever.

Congrats guys.

inevitable

Well the Americans were predicted to win the gold but instead failed to win any medal.

[Thread Moved from GD to the Sporting Arena]

Well the Americans were predicted to win the gold but instead failed to win any medal.

My weatherman predicted rain... It was a dry dry day.

Predictions mean nothing.

GO CANADA!

Great job Team Canada! Another year, another gold medal. The team played amazing game.

As for the Russians and whether they were crying, to be fair, they did lose an important game. Just as well, most of them are 19 years old, still young. Hell, I'd be crying if I lost the gold medal game. The Russians played well, but in the end Canada played better.

Great Job by a group of good canadian kids, Go Canada!! Yesterday Team Quebec beat Team USA in the U-17 and now we win the WJC :D

up next... olympic gold!!!

i never expected canada to beat those russians 5-0

it would have been more fun if sidney was in.

(Great Day for Leaf Nation! Poggie with the gold, Rask with top goalie honours)

I was at the Canada vs Suisse game and at the finland vs sweeden game. Both awesome games.

But today's game... Wow! Lots and lots of hitting. You can see the russians were "emotionally unstable" as early as the first goal. Same deal happened in the preliminaries.

I was at the Canada vs Suisse game and at the finland vs sweeden game. Both awesome games.

But today's game... Wow! Lots and lots of hitting. You can see the russians were "emotionally unstable" as early as the first goal. Same deal happened in the preliminaries.

After the first few hits the Russians seemed afraid to go into the corners. Amazing effort on team Canada's part.

Americans had the talent, the Russians had the best player....and the Canadians had the best team.

Also, they have to thank Justin Pogge, who emerged with one of the greatest goaltender performances ever. Same with Finland, and Tuuka Rask. I'm really glad Finland won over the Americans.