Windows Live Mail Or Gmail

just wanted a heads up to those who have gmail and WLM. Who likes what better?

curious to see what teh beta testers for WLM have to say. :D

I prefer Gmail, just for the sheer amount of features and the fact that it doesn't have gigantor ad's on the top and bottom.

I am in the UK and I cannot believe what google has done. We don't get @gmail.com, we get @googlemail.com and that really put me off.

I like WLM better because I can drag and drop emails :) But it is still in beta so lets wait and see.

GMail's better...

* Live Mail doesn't work for FF yet (it will, ok, but for now, Gmail is better)

* I really don't like how you have to sign in in Live Mail/Hotmail/connect/beta.microsoft/...etc: I always set "Remember address and pass, and I ALWAYS have to type it in again and again and again. This is REALLY annoying me

mail's better, the UI, drag+drop, right click, reading pane, new sercurity/safety features, contacts intergrating with messenger..the features that i think make it better.

cadish, thats an odd problem, are sure you have cookies enabled and arnt deleteing them?

I am in the UK and I cannot believe what google has done. We don't get @gmail.com, we get @googlemail.com and that really put me off.

I like WLM better because I can drag and drop emails :) But it is still in beta so lets wait and see.

Not Googles fault that UK users have @googlemail.com addresses.

GMail's better...

* Live Mail doesn't work for FF yet (it will, ok, but for now, Gmail is better)

* I really don't like how you have to sign in in Live Mail/Hotmail/connect/beta.microsoft/...etc: I always set "Remember address and pass, and I ALWAYS have to type it in again and again and again. This is REALLY annoying me

Yeah, but always asking for your password is a lot safer, IMO.

One thing those in the UK should know about Gmail. If you get USERNAME@Googlemail.com, all mail to USERNAME@gmail.com still goes to your googlemail.com account :)

Gmail, though WLM does have the advantage of behaving more like a desktop client, but Gmail is still far superior. free pop access, vacation responder, mail forwarding etc.

I like gmail alot better then WLM because i find it so damm hard to read emails in such a small little space. An i don't feel like setting my res any higher then what it is now just so i can use WLM.. So i would be going with gmail over WLM.

btw.. i was only WLM for like a day before i got out of the beta.

Live mail...

I think it has a much cleaner look and much more options. However, gmail is faster (at least for me) right now. I will see when live mail beta is released to the public.