Windows Live Mail Or Gmail

very simple

Gmail rocks, WLMail sucks

MS is an expert in manufacturing OS and some system softwares,but in NET APP Field, he is still a rookie,comparing to Google.

Glad to see so many Gmail aficionados :yes:

I've a bit of a question though, since most people here use Gmail, though I hope it's not off topic too much.

Why is it that -following Gmail's announcement to finally add that "delete" button- I need to change my language settings to US English if I want to see that button??

My Gmail inbox, in UK setting, currently still does not feature the delete button!?

Anybody?

I took a look at WLM and I didn't like it much, I don't even use my hotmail account much anyway so I am surprised they gave me the beta. After upgrading to IE7 I cannot use it at all. I think this is crazy, I know both are beta but by the time WLM rolls out everyone will be using IE7.

I love Gmail. I am not sure where to start. My favorite feature is something that most people don't know about. If you have your own domain name and email there you can make Gmail clone all of your mail to look like it is coming from yourname@domain.com. I am getting used to the conversation style but it makes sense. I am looking forward to using the chat features in Gmail but my fiance's account hasn't been upgraded yet so I have not been able to test it yet.

The biggest thing I dislike about live mail is how it took away free http access from outlook. Effectively I can only use a web version of outlook and not actual outlook itself now. What I instantly discovered? I have to view all emails either WITH the preview pane or WITHOUT, whereas in outlook I can view emails in different folders in different ways (i.e. no preview pane for emails in junk folder, but a preview pane for other folders)

I'm with Live Mail and still have full Outlook access. Any changes I make in Outlook are reflected in Live Mail and vice versa. IE. Drag and drop a mail in Outlook from one folder to another and that change has happened when you log into WMLive.

Maybe my trust is misplaced, but I simply trust Google more than Microsoft. I prefer not to use such services from Microsoft (due to their reputation).

I bet you will change your mind in the future. They are already going back on their don't be evil ideology, and it will only get worse as the money becomes more dependant on them bending over to government requests.

I bet you will change your mind in the future. They are already going back on their don't be evil ideology, and it will only get worse as the money becomes more dependant on them bending over to government requests.

I guess the difference is that Google'd have to fall pretty far to get down to Microsoft's low level of public trust. Lesser of two evils, perhaps? So I'll stay with gmail for now. Plus, it's very easy to use. :cool:

lmao, gmail has been around longer?

I've got ~20 invites for live mail so I don't really care about invites. No clue how many gmail invites, enough probably.

I've been trying to get one for the longest time, mind sending me one? It would be appreciated :)

scakesence@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

looks like this thread has been buried... anyway, I just noticed an addition of "Quick Contact" in Gmail under "Contact" on the left panel, other than the search function, if you move your mouse over scroll-down list of your quick contacts, a whole bunch of options will show up fairly easily for you choose regarding that contact. Very convenient and cool, I say!